The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
we only think about famous people being special because we think they are..famous people are just people like all of us..you are right that it may look good on there portfolio..but in the end an actress is also just a human..i recall what Queen Elisabeth ones said...its not overwhelming if we dont think of it as overwhelming....most famous people are quite normal..its the fans who make gods of them..and when something goes wrong...have the loudest laugh about them..for sure Ed and Anna can benefit of this..but in my opinion..its al very overrated..
I met a lot of celebs back in the day, and only one overwhelmed me.
Frank Langella.
Hot, hot, hot.
My knees shook. Which was dumb because I was working, which is hard to do if you can't walk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There are a lott of people left with titles..but we all live a normal life..most of us dont use it..its not the same here as in the UK..have to say..the title doesnt go like in the Uk to for instance cousins three times removed...so in the end the aristocracy here is dying out....when you die without a male heir the title is gone..i dont have much with titles nor fame..we are all people..the most important thing is we get along with eachother..
Maybe you know the Dutch aristocrat who visited LL wth the Georgian chef/musician? SJ was very keen to show off the fact that he had a title.

Reactions: 10
I think your answer says it all. I work a lot with UK and I met people who have titles, and a lot of people seems to know someone or is connected to someone who has a title. But I have lived my whole life in NL I haven't met anyone with a title. Or maybe I did, but they didn't give care about them.

Also thanks, I didn't know that inheritance of titles in NL was different than in UK.
there is a list on wikipedia with the aristocratic families in The Netherlands..maybe some names sound familiar.. ;) also have to point out not every body with the same name is aristocratic..sometimes the title just ends up with the first born..the rest of the family is untitled..it depends..

Reactions: 10
€6,761 of €390,000 10 hours to go on Selmar and Tatty kickstarter page, so many sad people (well all 63 backers) are going to be weeping into their breakfast in the UK but hard lines for Chateau owner and estate agent who thought they were on to a winner when those two rocked up. They should join forces with FRK and share her studio space, it's what Yorkshire needs more LaLande rejects.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've been thinking about what makes a good soldier, inspired by a really good soldier who was an aristocrat. Youngest and top grad of Sandhurst his year, first British soldier to set foot in France in WW1. In WW2, in Burma, taught his soldiers how to fight jungle warfare against the Japanese and was considered eccentric. Until they decided he was a genius and relieved him of his command to go back to HQ and teach others his "eccentric" methods. He lived almost another 50 years after that, as president of the National Union of Farmers of Scotland, literally beating his sword into ploughshares. Art of war = peace officer, Lao Tzu. And he worked all his life, from a very young man to a very old man.
Voila, the Wiki link.
Sorry. Malaya, not Burma.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t understand the music choice in Billy’s vlogs…classical music in the beginning and then country music. Just a mishmash of…whatever.

Oh yes…still waiting for Michael’s channel re-re-re-re launch! All talk, no action. He’s still recovering from the three advent vlogs he released before Christmas…so draining. You can’t force the ar-teest to perform. Michael has to wait until the passion motivates him. 🙄
I agree with you about the music. I do generally like their choices on their own (MOLD/Billy’s ward is maybe involved w/ the editing), but the music precedes the content… like relying on a brand to carry your personality ect.
The talking horse dude and his lovely wife, Philly & Angelina and The P clan… are so awkward on camera. None of them are natural and it makes it feel cringy and fake. I admit to watching the Pethericks, as I want to see their progress- I’ve gone too far down the chateaux rabbit hole that even I can’t quite explain why I watch anymore🤦. I stopped watching Sadie this past week. Queenie is lovely and I do believe that S loves her and finds meaning and pleasure in caring for her BUT that begging angle now precedes Queenie’s loveliness… has become downright tacky.
I’m sure they all love how ‘misunderstood’ they are.

Reactions: 13
Uggghh….The Pethericks…. “Trailer Park Boys” would have been a more appropriate title.

View attachment 1008211
I still watch Billy & Bordeaux Life .... and today I watch Chateau Life because Phil was along for the ride ... ALL 3 were about moving trailers around France, it was a yawn fest from every angle. It confirmed why I don't watch CL, am waning on Billy (he's not that interesting, really doesn't have content), and will only watch BL until their passion project is done. But yeah, wow, all 3 about moving trailers around. They really are the trailer boys.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe you know the Dutch aristocrat who visited LL wth the Georgian chef/musician? SJ was very keen to show off the fact that he had a title.
i have seen that vlog..i found him a bit of a snob..didnt even recall his name..🙄 most dutch aristocrats dont show off their title..at all..

Reactions: 18
I agree with you about the music. I do generally like their choices on their own (MOLD/Billy’s ward is maybe involved w/ the editing), but the music precedes the content… like relying on a brand to carry your personality ect.
The talking horse dude and his lovely wife, Philly & Angelina and The P clan… are so awkward on camera. None of them are natural and it makes it feel cringy and fake. I admit to watching the Pethericks, as I want to see their progress- I’ve gone too far down the chateaux rabbit hole that even I can’t quite explain why I watch anymore🤦. I stopped watching Sadie this past week. Queenie is lovely and I do believe that S loves her and finds meaning and pleasure in caring for her BUT that begging angle now precedes Queenie’s loveliness… has become downright tacky.
I’m sure they all love how ‘misunderstood’ they are.
I agree, they were really awkward on camera. I think they were trying really hard to not make their stupid perverted jokes, which is probably all they really do together in life. I stopped watching Sadie last week too, just becoming to samey samey .. same with Billy. I can't stand Phil and Angelina, especially their voices.

Reactions: 15
there is a list on wikipedia with the aristocratic families in The Netherlands..maybe some names sound familiar.. ;) also have to point out not every body with the same name is aristocratic..sometimes the title just ends up with the first born..the rest of the family is untitled..it depends..
I must admit that I have tried to figure out who you are… and I did!

You are the Comte de Monte Cristo!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I still watch Billy & Bordeaux Life .... and today I watch Chateau Life because Phil was along for the ride ... ALL 3 were about moving trailers around France, it was a yawn fest from every angle. It confirmed why I don't watch CL, am waning on Billy (he's not that interesting, really doesn't have content), and will only watch BL until their passion project is done. But yeah, wow, all 3 about moving trailers around. They really are the trailer boys.
I knew when I saw all three in the Pethericks vlog, that the other two's vlogs would be the same. But TBH I'd rather drink bleach than watch a Phil and Angelina Ballerina vlog. They're absolutely ghastly human beings.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe that's where he got the idea of wearing sunglasses a lot. The music is sometimes similar too. That style does not suit Dan and is not a good idea!
Yes I very much agree. Not good Dan. Be yourself for all of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This just popped up on my YT feed and I am totally confused. It's a vlog from South Africa but the stamp says "1 year ago"... I don't remember Stephanie and the gang going to South Africa in 2021?

Edit: NEVERMIND. FEBRUARY 2020. I dont believe Ive seen the video though so I guess thatll give me a preview

Thanks for sharing this must have been before I started watching CD. Sickening that people with so much personal wealth are grifting for upkeep of their chateaux and asking for expensive stuff like lawn mowers, and hinting for expensive gifts, gag! I could only watch halfway it was raising my blood pressure too much

Reactions: 24
i dont see Fanny Flash as a strong woman at all...clever to use her benefits to great use....its the most needy woman there is..playing out her womanhood..look at me...i am so dumb..help me...i cant do anything on my own..i am so weak..my family had to support me my whole life..and also my friends had to help me........a strong woman...not in the least..a grifter and a flasher...yes..using her body and mind for getting support..and her way...yuk..a strong woman..dont make me laugh..a clever one for sure...playing out her vunrable silly me..to the utmost..
The word that comes to mind is the ....is there a polite word for a w*ore?

Maybe new tattle nicknames for Philip and Stephanie,
Mouse Poo & Old Bat tit?
Yes this is most apt!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Her vlogs had improved quite noticeably when she first arrived in Haworth and with Sarah's editing. She now seems to be regressing into her old ways, using repeated phrases as she did in the (un)Success Stories. She's constantly repeating "So, yeah, ...", etc., again and again and re-arranging her hair. That workshop was ridiculously priced and one day only began in the afternoon! Marie obviously thinks if she cries or moans, people will rescue her, I don't think she will ever grow up. People should stop enabling her and supplying her with free food and premises; there are more deserving causes in Yorkshire. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't registered her company or paid any tax.
I agree with you on all accounts! It's sad- we had such hopes for her once she arrived in Haworth, and initially seemed to be thriving, as she was surrounded by loving, supportive people who welcomed her with open arms, and Haworth is an idyllic small town with a sense of community. It is a completely different dynamic than the toxic environment of CLL- her personality transformed from a dour and angry lost girl to a positive and content one. I am not sure what has transpired over the past few months. Everyone in the community showed their support by purchasing and displaying her "wreats", whether they wanted them or not, as this is what people do in a close-knit community. She could not seem to high-tail it out of there fast enough to Norway, but now that she's returned, snippets of the CLL version of Marie are resurfacing in her personality. It's sad really- Marie could have taken a few minutes in her vlog to thank Nicki, Jill and the others who funded her trip, thank Nicki again for having an actual home to return to, and thank the restaurant for letting her use their dining room for her class, but NO. The entitlement has returned- instead, she spoke about needing a bigger space for her business (instead of making it work and building her business and brand FIRST, nope, she feels she is already her own "Success Story.") SMH. She's a trainwreck.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Rose Cafe thank you for posting that 2020 visit to SA - gave me a good glimpse of the SA home. Of course now I’m curious if StephaMEME actually took the magazine she was looking at, yanked the Vogue cover pages, had them framed and hung them up - or was that just another “from the mouth out” plan with no action? I thought StephaMEME was actually much less frantic in this video - MY GOD she has changed it to hyper drive, she’s much more frantic, scattered. Of course that’s what sometimes happens with a toddler in tow when you are trying to get things done or, well. . .whatever. Meanwhile, I keep wondering how it is really going currently in SA with baby squirrel. Let’s all hope that StephaMEME packed some anti-venom in the diaper bag for baby squirrel. As we know the characteristics of both MUMMIE & THE BLACK MUMBA can strike up close, or at a distance - mostly without warning, and actually bite several times - not just once. I’m also concerned that sand in baby squirrel hair is going to be an absolute mess to clean up. Well, then there’s the allergic reactions baby squirrel might have to food. Sorry, don’t wish to get everyone else concerned.
I watched it as well and I definitely missed it when I went back to watch the older vlogs last year. And yep, I thought the same exact thing about those Vogue pages 😂😂

I also am wondering if it is just a coincidence that Stephanie's ex Michael Potts is from South Africa and her mom's new husband,Percey, is also from South Africa? What are the chances of that happening! Where did Stephanie meet Michael Potts? I know Isabelle met Percy on an airplane.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I just checked Michael Petherick’s Patreon…looks like he’s got 443 suckers….I mean patrons! 😆 But what’s also interesting is that he’s deleted his “About” page. It’s just blank. There‘s no more description about himself or why he has a Patreon account. I guess he decided to eliminate the description since he wasn’t being truthful about what he‘s using the funds for? 🤔

3A2254F3-6E82-4703-B4AC-93CE16974A13.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I watched it as well and I definitely missed it when I went back to watch the older vlogs last year. And yep, I thought the same exact thing about those Vogue pages 😂😂

I also am wondering if it is just a coincidence that Stephanie's ex Michael Potts is from South Africa and her mom's new husband,Percey, is also from South Africa? What are the chances of that happening! Where did Stephanie meet Michael Potts? I know Isabelle met Percy on an airplane.
In her patreon interview with Ollie, which is in wiki, we find out that Ollie & SJ (& Ruth) met at Oxford, and Ollie introduced SJ to both Nick and Michael. While SJ and Michael were dating she and her parents went with him to SA to meet his parents. IJ and Derek loved SA and so they bought a vacation property there (the beach house). IJ met Percy on the plane when she was going for a stay at her beach house.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.