The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole "restoration" vs. "renovation" conversation always has me interested.

In reality, there isn't really that much that she does that is restoration ... and I would argue none of what is actually seeing action is restoration ...

These are what I would understand as "restoration":
~The lake
~the façade
~the chapel
~windows
~shutters (or not)
~the roof
~she'd like to argue the paneling ... but she'd really have to prove there was THAT type of paneling there in the past to make that fit.
~ restoring the mill

The heating system and insulation I see as necessities, but are they restoration or renovation? I'm not sure where to classify these.

but the things she focuses on are renovation and decoration:
~new apartments
~wallpaper
~bathrooms
~the gardens (unless she can prove that these were the type of gardens original to La lande, I don't see how they can be considered renovation, and what they are putting in I just don't believe were ever at lalande)
~ courtyard gravel, not sure if this would have been original

Maybe I don't understand the difference ... to me restoring is taking something back to what it was ... renovation is changing it's purpose ... the out buildings, for instance, would need to returned to their origin, not made into apartments. Like you could restore the structure/walls as restoration, but adding bathrooms and apartments to live in, that's not restoration at that stage.
I think you're correct in your definitions. The things you listed I would also classify as restoration, but what we see the most on the vlogs Id say is renovation, maintenance and updating (is there a technical term for bringing an older building up to modern standards like in heating?)

The word "restoration" is used rather loosely at the chateau. Proper use is as you described. But it can also be used to just mean bringing something back to life and use , not necessarily back to the original .

No! You don’t want to do that! You should really, really reconsider! 😆 There’s a lot of baggage “upstairs” to unpack with that one.
Wasn't he run off this board? Lol

Reactions: 11
Maybe that's where he got the idea of wearing sunglasses a lot. The music is sometimes similar too. That style does not suit Dan and is not a good idea!
it's a much better idea than the mumbling and wheezing in the unwatchable Selmar & Tatty or Marie. If he's going to steal a style, he picked an entertaining one.

Reactions: 10
Check out Phiphi's red pillow on SJ's bed on this vlog that aired Oct 27, 2021 .... he had already established himself in his mummy's bed, barely a month there ... and Mini Apron was still there!!

His helium balloon singing to woo SJ, who is very flirty with him ...

He was doing a fair bit of actual work in the early days there .... once he got in bed and became camera man he became allergic to manual labour.

Fanny had for sure more than normal contact with snort before he came there..i missed this vlog...omg...he has heavy make up on...the old cow was still there...she missed the opportunity to send him back to Maastricht..i presume..and now she is stuck with him in SA..i hope she gives him a hard time there..i dont like that old skeletton..but i hope she is giving him a good brush off..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
it's a much better idea than the mumbling and wheezing in the unwatchable Selmar & Tatty or Marie. If he's going to steal a style, he picked an entertaining one
I think it's acceptable if it's natural to the person doing it and maybe CN is showing his real self but when someone is just acting a part and copying someone else, as Dan is doing, I find it very irritating. Dan is witty enough to make some interesting vlogs without putting on a different persona. He just needs to think of some interesting new ideas for content.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Haunted by the image of IJ dropping SJ off, in evening dress, at a party she wasn't invited to.
Did IJ also instill the idea that aristocrats don't work?
(Thinking of a friend whose polycystic ovary issue caused many problems early in life, not least a beard and a massive weight gain. Remember the bearded ladies in the freak shows? PCO sufferers. None skinny. Her mother, a true piece of tit, used to drop her off, aged 13, at Overeaters Anonymous meetings, to fend for herself amongst the batshit anorexics and child rape victims who protect themselves with pounds.)
i can tell you one thing..aristocrats do work..i have my doubts in England.but here in The Netherlands we do...when i came across the 7th marquiss of Bath..and one of his wifelets :oops: i for sure wanted to kick him in his lazy ass..but i didnt..;) i just walked away .and talked to another guest..some people are better ignored..the same goes for that Voice of Holland team...its going on for years..and not only there..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
And Phiphi's comment that seniors use those steamers had me laughing! I think he fancies himself an expert on seniors too ... another connection point with SJ who grew up in a nursing home ....
I think he was saying ‘singers use them all the time’. My god, he follows two years of education and thinks he knows ALL about the ‘singers’ in the world. Arrogant stupid boy.

He isn’t a good singer and he will never get past the ensemble roles. I know a couple of musicalstars and they first of all went to the better theatre schools in Amsterdam or Maastricht, worked their butts off in ensemble roles and back up positions for the leading roles before they even began to get some succes themselves.

Can you all imagine PJJ working as a back up?
He is the star in his own world and acts like the sun king on his heels.
DC068CC4-82B7-44ED-BEF3-C540096F4259.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I wonder how long it will take before Dan is told to clean his comments section...

scotchette
17 hours ago
Is Amaury half-naked again in this vlog for clickbait? His popularity must fall down since he's f... with the payroll?

Wiggy
17 hours ago
What does f… with the payroll mean?

scotchette
16 hours ago
@Wiggy Google don't f... with the payroll.

Wiggy
16 hours ago
@scotchette how rude! Do you think Dan’s channel is the place to write this? Have some respect for Dan, his friend, and his workplace.

scotchette
16 hours ago (edited)
@Wiggy Well his workplace is a business, a family business. So let's talk about a family business paid by complete strangers all over the world. lollll

Wiggy
16 hours ago
@scotchette yup and it has nothing to do with Dan or his channel. Let it go Scotchette Troll! Have some respect for Dan.

scotchette
16 hours ago
@Wiggy Dan is using his good looking buddy to get clickbait. That's all I said.

Lolo
16 hours ago
Jealous trolls, there's a curmudgeon posted a nasty vid berating Steph for her cadeau vlogs. I continue to enjoy renovations of half dead chateaux and also, France. The real star of these vlogs.

Wiggy
16 hours ago
@scotchette omg, read your original post! That isn’t all you said, Troll! Done arguing with you. Your words are in writing. Moving on!

Wiggy
16 hours ago
@Lolo Dee exactly! I love ALL the vlogs, they are entertaining and everyone loves a little or a lot of DIY. I don’t bother myself with what is happening behind the scenes - money, romance or anything like that - not my business!

scotchette
16 hours ago (edited)
@Wiggy Jealous of what? An histrionic princess in a crumbling château with people who have to sleep together because it's cold and they need a job?

Wiggy
8 hours ago
@scotchette can you read? I never said anything about jealousy! Get some glasses! Good night!

Tony InLosAngeles
7 hours ago
@scotchette View attachment 1007266

scotchette
7 hours ago
@Wiggy It's your business. Each time you watch their videos or when you subscribe you pay for their vacations, their perfumes etc.
Wiggly is very upset!🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think he was saying ‘singers use them all the time’. My god, he follows two years of education and thinks he knows ALL about the ‘singers’ in the world. Arrogant stupid boy.

He isn’t a good singer and he will never get past the ensemble roles. I know a couple of musicalstars and they first of all went to the better theatre schools in Amsterdam or Maastricht, worked their butts off in ensemble roles and back up positions for the leading roles before they even began to get some succes themselves.

Can you all imagine PJJ working as a back up?
He is the star in his own world and acts like the sun king on his heels. View attachment 1008054
I watched the videos of him singing "Oklahoma" on his YT channel. I'm from Oklahoma and considered his interpretation of the music ghastly. It was like watching a terrible high school musical. He can't sing. Also, Oklahomans don't wear that much flannel. It was like watching a grunge Seattle version of "Oklahoma". Very bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
...and therein lies the problem. she ‘is’ a strong woman...she can take criticism and it rolls off her back..she orders these guys around like a boss...and they do her bidding. unfortunately...not many strong women are physically attracted to submissive males. friendship is one thing...but having hot sex and respect for a guy is different and evokes a dynamic lacking from this type of guy.

...watching Potts prance around like he did was enlightening...would kill any lady buzz one may have...total turnoff...be like being with a chick...I could never get that swanning vision out of my head...

...SJ needs push back from a man...masculine energy...and she won’t get that from the types she chooses...
i dont see Fanny Flash as a strong woman at all...clever to use her benefits to great use....its the most needy woman there is..playing out her womanhood..look at me...i am so dumb..help me...i cant do anything on my own..i am so weak..my family had to support me my whole life..and also my friends had to help me........a strong woman...not in the least..a grifter and a flasher...yes..using her body and mind for getting support..and her way...yuk..a strong woman..dont make me laugh..a clever one for sure...playing out her vunrable silly me..to the utmost..

• Heart
Reactions: 33
yes, you're right! "singers use them" .... well, you two professional singers go ahead and use the old nasty thing and see what it does for your lungs and throat!! Mouse poo and old bat tit dust must be great for giving you those sexy raspy voices!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This just popped up on my YT feed and I am totally confused. It's a vlog from South Africa but the stamp says "1 year ago"... I don't remember Stephanie and the gang going to South Africa in 2021?

Edit: NEVERMIND. FEBRUARY 2020. I dont believe Ive seen the video though so I guess thatll give me a preview

• Wow
Reactions: 8
13 hours to go till the new video will have to be released showing silimars defeat, i wonder how that is going to go

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Billy went together with that drunk Phil to collect a trailer from La gorce..they needed the money. 🙄 why do i watch these people..scum of the earth..who travells hours to buy a trailer thats need work..:eek: i guess its al again a sceem..they all must have a good laugh about it...

i took a look at Marie...it amazes me..having all that beautifull flowers left from that workshop...and she still isnt able to make a wow bouquet..or arrangement..:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
i can tell you one thing..aristocrats do work..i have my doubts in England.but here in The Netherlands we do...when i came across the 7th marquiss of Bath..and one of his wifelets :oops: i for sure wanted to kick him in his lazy ass..but i didnt..;) i just walked away .and talked to another guest..some people are better ignored..the same goes for that Voice of Holland team...its going on for years..and not only there..
I met him a few times in the line of work i do. I always found him knowledgeable and good to talk to. I could never understand his way of living, but could acknowledge his eccentricity. It certainly worked for the estate as a business venture. He was charming to my children as well.

Reactions: 19
We must ponder what it will be like for StephaMEME to hit menopause - as if we ain’t see crazy yet.
You will know she has hit it when she takes Squirrel Lagerfeld's fan away from him to use!!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
13 hours to go till the new video will have to be released showing silimars defeat, i wonder how that is going to go
I very much doubt they will announce anything. They will probably stay silent, as they have been for weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
i dont see Fanny Flash as a strong woman at all...clever to use her benefits to great use....its the most needy woman there is..playing out her womanhood..look at me...i am so dumb..help me...i cant do anything on my own..i am so weak..my family had to support me my whole life..and also my friends had to help me........a strong woman...not in the least..a grifter and a flasher...yes..using her body and mind for getting support..and her way...yuk..a strong woman..dont make me laugh..a clever one for sure...playing out her vunrable silly me..to the utmost..
...used to think this as well...that she was a foolish, stupid woman...but I looked past her game...her constant acting...the way she uses weak, gullible men...and have concluded...she’s quite tough...her shadow self is strong...and clever...she is accomplishing what she never anticipated...her bank is definitely strong...and she seems to be getting away with it all.

...so...we can disagree...and that’s just fine...😎

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.