The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where in the world is StephaMEME and her lady snorts in waiting, and the half brother in plaid?
Well, that is the question.
Guess?
First to England. A few days in the flat. Then off quickly to see the family who gave birth to StephaMEME’s young boy. Then back to the flat, then plaid boy rolls in, meets them at the airport and off they go to GREECE! Yes, GREECE. The lady snorts in waiting has never been, nor has half brother in plaid. Nice change of climate, fun shopping, great dinners (and it cut down on those awful direct flights from UK to SA). 11 hours on the plane from UK to SA, not paarfect. So it’s Greece. StephaMEME is going to love the architecture, but we knew that, didn’t we? Then Mommie and Percy hobble down the mountain and plaid man from another woman that makes him StephaMEME’s half brother and StephaMEME’s Lady Snorts In Waiting (aka squirrel camel toe, son, boy) show up. “How was Greece darling?” Snorts answers “incredible”. StephaMeMe’s mother flips out. Gives the evil eye stare. To calm her, StephaMEME brings her two suitcases of free presents from the gift grab, and all is calm. This could go on an on, and some of you may have drifted by now - but if Greece turns out to be their stop over point, well then won’t I feel clairvoyant. Onward Tattlers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It seems she never had to make important decisions for herself. There was always someone around her. Even the one and only job she had was at Gerrys taxi company. She started opera school although she was not into it, just to please her mother or maybe delay deciding what to do in her life. Now she would ask her viewers but back then she had no chanel.
Hasn’t Stephanie said before that she has always spoken to Nic and Oliver several times a day by phone? Or all day FaceTimes? Obviously too much nonsense long distance contact and none when it’s important.

I know you guys already discussed it three threads ago or whatever, but this little bottom feeder made my day 🤣
bleeping hilariously dull. So embarrassed for her.

View attachment 985436
Steph?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Where in the world is StephaMEME and her lady snorts in waiting, and the half brother in plaid?
Guess?
First to England. A few days in the flat. Then off quickly to see the family who gave birth to StephaMEME’s young boy. Then back to the flat, then plaid boy rolls in, meets them at the airport and off they go to GREECE! Yes, GREECE. The lady snorts in waiting has never been, nor has half brother in plaid. Nice change of climate, fun shopping, great dinners (and it cut down on those awful direct flights from UK to SA). 11 hours on the plane from UK to SA, not paarfect. So it’s Greece. StephaMEME is going to love the architecture, but we knew that, didn’t we? Then Mommie and Percy hobble down the mountain and plaid man from another woman that makes him StephaMEME’s half brother and StephaMEME’s Lady Snorts In Waiting (aka squirrel camel toe, son, boy) show up. “How was Greece darling?” Snorts answers “incredible”. StephaMeMe’s mother flips out. Gives the evil eye stare. To calm her, StephaMEME brings her two suitcases of free presents from the gift grab, and all is calm. This could go on an on, and some of you may have drifted by now - but if Greece turns out to be their stop over point, well then won’t I feel clairvoyant. Onward Tattlers.
So good!!!!😂😂😂

Reactions: 10
I caved and watched and read some of the comments.
I did notice the CD defenders mentioned that detractors were not part of the Lalande family.
So hands up- whose family pays thousands of dollars/pounds/euros just to be a part of it?
You don't even get a T shirt. Just a facsimile postcard with a scribble, which may or may not be from Steph.
You don't even get DNA from a kiss on it, with instructions on how to grow your own Steph and thus be part if the clone cult.
On that note I am off to read up on Dr Who as part of my penance:
900 years ago on the planet Gallifrey- it's going to be a long night 🤣
Filming often takes place here, especially for Dr Who, Casualty and of course, Gavin and Stacey. We were walking home one evening and saw this scene being filmed (not my photograph.). It can be really disruptive.
Also happened to be at a local beach (on a field trip) when this was filmed.
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 01.47.32.png

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 01.53.48.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Interesting to hear your perspective. Are you staying in the west? My home state is a “flee to” state and I recently sold a rental house there for 10xs what I paid for it. Stupid money. The renters were moving east so they didn’t want to buy it but I did offer it to them. The local slumlord made an offer but I just couldn’t sell to him. I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to live there, there’s literally nothing but bars and churches.

Good to hear someone is retiring! Don’t buy a shitoo in France!
No shitoo’s for me, want to go east and get some land for my rescue dogs to run wild! Tired of city living 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Guess?
Wherever they travel, I hope they're filming some lovely advent vlogs for next Christmas.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
he bought it for 500000 euro...now the costs of fixing that ghosthouse..he says the 7 appartments will pay for the whole place..is he mad...maybe the taxes etc..but surely not the renovationwork..that place is probably rotten to high heaven.. :rolleyes:
I can't wait to see the inside. You can't get a three bedroom house most places in California for much less.

Reactions: 7
Filming often takes place here, especially for Dr Who, Casualty and of course, Gavin and Stacey. We were walking home one evening and saw this scene being filmed (not my photograph.). It can be really disruptive.
Also happened to be at a local beach (on a field trip) when this was filmed.View attachment 985493

View attachment 985495
Jealous much! I have met Captain Jack, (John Barrowman ) had a bit of a man crush on him. He is as charismatic in real life and Mrs G was equally as fascinated.
We call it our Rocky Horror moment.
She has also met David Tennant after seeing him in Hamlet.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
. To calm her, StephaMEME brings her two suitcases of free presents from the gift grab, and all is calm. This could go on an on, and some of you may have drifted by now - but if Greece turns out to be their stop over point, well then won’t I feel clairvoyant. Onward Tattlers.
Hey Mummy ..... Beware of Greeks / Squirrels bearing gifts!! :ROFLMAO: 🐿

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also happened to be at a local beach (on a field trip) when this was filmed.View attachment 985493

View attachment 985495
Those Angels freak me out more than the Daleks, and I was an adult when they came out on tv.

I remember screaming in a department store when I was a child because the mannequin was watching/following me.
Mum thought I shouldn't watch Dr Who after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jealous much! I have met Captain Jack, (John Barrowman ) had a bit of a man crush on him. He is as charismatic in real life and Mrs G was equally as fascinated.
We call it our Rocky Horror moment.
She has also met David Tennant after seeing him in Hamlet.
For some time, John Barrowman and his partner lived quite literally a mile or so down the road from us (convenient for filming Torchwood) and I passed his home every morning on my way to work. He could often be seen walking along the beach and was very supportive and generous to the local school.

Tom Jones returned to Wales for a few years and lived next door to some family friends, who were farmers, as were my husband's family. My Father-in-law, who was quite well known in agricultural circles (then retired) was in their fields one day and Tom approached him and asked him who he was. FiL gave his name and then asked "Who are you?" . "Tom" he replied, "I'm the neighbour." FiL later said that if Tom didn't know him, he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of saying that he knew who Tom was. Our friend told us that she once walked across the field to take something to them and Tom was lying on a sun lounger near the pool wearing the tiniest pair of gold budgie smugglers she'd ever seen. They did say that he and his wife were very down to earth and friendly. Tom would come across and plonk himself down in a chair in their kitchen for a chat.

We did share a lift with Alice Cooper in London, Ontario. in 2006. He'd come to watch Gene Simmons (Kiss) who was staying in our hotel. All I could think of was that the holdall he had with him contained a snake. He was very polite and said "Have a nice day Ma'am" when we got out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh please, you've been around long enough to know how to use the search button. Marina is a friend of SJ who has been stalking a British politician and got caught. Really sick person. Funny story to read.
okay okay I’d never used the search button but figured it out 😂. Geeez. This marina woman sounds like a doozy. Someone right up Fannys alley. What repulses me is the thought of her laundering gift grab monies through a fake charity. Wouldn’t put it past her.

Reactions: 13
Just watched another exciting instalment of Ryan’s low budget properties for sale in France. Still quite interesting and obviously some good bargains to be had. Why on earth he is talking like Sir David Attenborough but with a south London accent? It’s a bit weird.
You lost me at "Ryan"! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.