The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @oooLaLande Title 105 :m:m:m:m

@oooLaLande
Chatty Member

Friday at 11:35 PM
Add bookmark
@Marty McFly 9 said:
Up 90 Patrons in 24ish hours ($1445)

PATRONS
CA$43,064
PER MONTH
The grift that keeps on giving šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

šŸ§µThread title suggestion if I may say so myself...

Reactions:You, Jikki2, Hercule P and 24 others

Most liked posts previous thread 104

@OhIDontKnow...

Friday at 11:54 PM
I think I can add a bit of perspective. I initially was impressed by her little short story on how she ended up owning a chateau. My demo, 51, still pretty hip, always an early adopter trend-wise, love to decorate and antiques. Always complimented on my style. Always been told I will never be old no matter how old I get. Okay. So back to my initial brainwashing. I thought it was very cool that she had the pluck to do this. I also thought she must have made some money as an opera singer and she had determination. I also thought maybe she was a little bit cash poor, but her partners were helping things along. I was also still under the impression she worked some of the time.

Iā€™m also American and we love us some diy. We donā€™t have much history over 300 years old. We generally donā€™t know the ins and outs of living in Europe. So in the beginning Iā€™m very intrigued by all of this. Cut to Stephanie. She seems so down to earth! Not pretentious - she runs around in her housecoat with no makeup on. How refreshing! She must be an open book! This is disarming because she seems to be so happy and optimistic. She must be telling the truth, right? She has so many friends, and all these people volunteer to come help her, she must be really nice. You start to like her because she seems like a lot of fun. You look at the state of the place and you feel a bit sorry for her because she seems to need help. You think, oh Iā€™ll give her a little money, Iā€™d really like to see her fix that crappy courtyard. You find yourself wondering what they got up to since the last video.

You see her thrift shopping - she talks about sewing curtains - she shows old renno pictures and talks about her father dying. Her mom is mowing the lawn. Poor girl, you think, CoVid is going to wreck her business. Sheā€™s so excited to receive things from people and seems really grateful. Some of those things are used or worn even. Youā€™re getting invested and go back and watch videos from before you found the channel. Cue to a couple weeks or months later, you start to think of her and the others as a friend or company. Just like you do with a TV show (Friends, Sex and the City), only this is cooler, because they are real people. Then, you start to notice thingsā€¦ā€¦.

Couture gowns come out for a cocktail party (ā€œitā€™s vintageā€ sure, Vivienne Westwood?!, Versace !?, Manoloā€™s). She took 12 vacations last year? Hmmmm
My father bought me a murano chandelier (huh?!).

BUT, sheā€™s driving a bombed out car left there by a volunteer, sheā€™s giving hotel soap for Christmas presents, sheā€™s begging Potty to buy her art at a gallery.

THEN, sheā€™s going on vacation and staying at a 4 star hotel, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacationā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. Iā€™d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker. Iā€™m not kidding. Really weird men were showing up to party, and when she dressed up she looked like a hooker. She went off with Mason on those trips and I seriously wondered if he was paying her.

Michaelā€™s first crying video sent me straight here. I googled her name and scam and here I am. I came in around thread 19. Thank goodness for Clara, because in as much Iā€™d decided she was full of tit, Clara really laid it out, and itā€™s even worse than I expected.

Sheā€™s no different than a junkie lying to you to get you to fork over some cash because they need a little help. Only in her case she runs off and buys Soleaido and $4000 worth of wallpaper instead of drugs. Oh and she doesnā€™t ask in person, she uses YouTube to get into your house and ask for money.

I only watch now because I want to see her come apart. I donā€™t care about that old building. I donā€™t care about her or her greedy, lying, mother. I like a few of the regulars, but I absolutely hate Snorts.

My only fear is that when we do break her, or she gets caught out, that sheā€™ll just disappear and weā€™ll never get to see it.

So yep, I did, I gave her money and Iā€™m not a granny. I hope it paid for a dinner that gave her diarrhea, or a bottle of liquor that gave her the worst hangover ever.

Reactions:You, agualilas@, Jikki2 and 93 others

@Shannaswood

Friday at 7:23 PM
After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.

Reactions:You, YoungAtHeart, Hercule P and 83 others

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Took hours to read previous thread from page 6 to here and all I have to say is that I ten times rather look at Dan's ass than Snorty's face.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Thanks for the new thread @MojoDublin and to @oooLaLande for the new title! I hope you're well on your way to recovery.

Discussion in the last thread about SSB's opera career has inspired me to rethink my narrative. When I was younger I took piano lessons. At one point I played a recital piece at an Eastern Star meeting where I was paid the grand sum of $2. Therefore, I am a former concert pianist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Congrats to @oooLaLande for a fantastic new title, and I hope you are feeling better! And thank you @MojoDublin for a fresh new thread!

I just finished watching the Fleuries "Before and After" video, and I know it was discussed on the previous thread, but WOW! What they have achieved on a shoestring budget over the past 2 1/2 years is absolutely incredible! Anna and Philipp must not get very much sleep- with renovations, raising children, videoing/editing, the B&B, and regular cleaning and upkeep, I can't begrudge them for having a Patron account nor for their adverts for language software- they don't go on lavish holidays, their wardrobes are quite simple (and Anna often chastises Philipp for wearing his good jeans when working on something filthy), they ask viewers to not send them gifts, they harvest fruit and veg from their garden and eat them, and hire local French tradesmen (Benoit is a gem carpenter, and even the teenage Nathan, who mows the lawn and assists Philipp, is wonderful), and the Fleuries love their local community and its history. Both have amazing parents who go straight to work when they arrive. The girls are ridiculously adorable, and go to local school- they speak multiple languages, and are very polite little people (suspect Anna is strict with them, and Philipp is the "fun parent.") In contrast to CLL, which reaps in a tonne of Euros from Patron and YouTube every month, Fanny is an utter failure. Fanny wakes up at noon, stays in her tatty robe most of the day, one of her minions brings her tea and a croissant at lunchtime, has an Army of unpaid volunteers at her beck and call, yet whines she must spend the day editing videos (after making so many of them, one would think it'd get easier by now.) There is no heat in the Shitoo (which confounds me, as Mummy's apartment has heat, but only very special people are allowed to stay there), but Fanny is all snug under the electric blanket she snatched up. But Fanny will eventually rouse herself from her bed to eat dinner that one of her minions has made and consume copious amounts of alcohol, because, hey, let's live every day in this crumbling abode like it's 1999!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Took hours to read previous thread from page 6 to here and all I have to say is that I ten times rather look at Dan's ass than Snorty's face.
Great choice, sir. You want Don Berignon or rather Cabinet Saufignon with it?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Poor Andrew, I hope heā€™s recovered from being ā€œasked to leaveā€ Begmania. He looks so sad ...Poor guy is drowning his sorrows! šŸ˜†

33BB8BA1-9233-40A4-83FB-9D8E587AE1D0.jpeg
05F52C13-40B7-43FD-B6A4-EC80DD37EBDA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Is it my imagination, or are we up to a new thread every day? Thanks to @MojoDublin and @oooLaLande!
Not your imagination at all- it's been difficult to keep up! I suspect more and more Patrons and previous Shitoo fans are seeing the light and defecting.

Fanny has little regard for her Patrons- once the cheque is cashed, they don't even get a "Thank you very much" note or post card. SMH, she just reads their names at the end of her vids (pre-recorded, of course!). She sees her content as gold, and they are just so lucky to be able to watch her every week. "But if you send me lovely and expensive things, I may feature your offering on a video that I'm getting paid for!"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
(Not exactly filling out those budgie smugglers impressively is he). Maybe the water was cold !
But his rear end fills them out nicely! I wish he had a little fur on his chest. I always think it's a little odd when a guy has a shaved chest if they're not an Olympic swimmer.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Congrats to @oooLaLande for a fantastic new title, and I hope you are feeling better! And thank you @MojoDublin for a fresh new thread!

I just finished watching the Fleuries "Before and After" video, and I know it was discussed on the previous thread, but WOW! What they have achieved on a shoestring budget over the past 2 1/2 years is absolutely incredible! Anna and Philipp must not get very much sleep- with renovations, raising children, videoing/editing, the B&B, and regular cleaning and upkeep, I can't begrudge them for having a Patron account nor for their adverts for language software- they don't go on lavish holidays, their wardrobes are quite simple (and Anna often chastises Philipp for wearing his good jeans when working on something filthy), they ask viewers to not send them gifts, they harvest fruit and veg from their garden and eat them, and hire local French tradesmen (Benoit is a gem carpenter, and even the teenage Nathan, who mows the lawn and assists Philipp, is wonderful), and the Fleuries love their local community and its history. Both have amazing parents who go straight to work when they arrive. The girls are ridiculously adorable, and go to local school- they speak multiple languages, and are very polite little people (suspect Anna is strict with them, and Philipp is the "fun parent.") In contrast to CLL, which reaps in a tonne of Euros from Patron and YouTube every month, Fanny is an utter failure. Fanny wakes up at noon, stays in her tatty robe most of the day, one of her minions brings her tea and a croissant at lunchtime, has an Army of unpaid volunteers at her beck and call, yet whines she must spend the day editing videos (after making so many of them, one would think it'd get easier by now.) There is no heat in the Shitoo (which confounds me, as Mummy's apartment has heat, but only very special people are allowed to stay there), but Fanny is all snug under the electric blanket she snatched up. But Fanny will eventually rouse herself from her bed to eat dinner that one of her minions has made and consume copious amounts of alcohol, because, hey, let's live every day in this crumbling abode like it's 1999!
Both Anna and Philipp have had professional careers where I'm sure they learned to discipline themselves and respect deadlines. I was in the garment manufacturing/fashion industry for a long time so I know what Anna had to deal with. The deadlines are serious because they mean the difference between staying in business and going broke, and if you can't cut the mustard, you are out, excuses will not be tolerated. Having children to raise, they can't afford to squander their time, energy or resources. I think if Fanny had actually had to work in the real world, she would be much more disciplined and able to get things done. Her parents obviously spoiled her by allowing her to think of herself as a fairytale princess. What they got was a fairytale ogress.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Both Anna and Philipp have had professional careers where I'm sure they learned to discipline themselves and respect deadlines. I was in the garment manufacturing/fashion industry for a long time so I know what Anna had to deal with. The deadlines are serious because they mean the difference between staying in business and going broke, and if you can't cut the mustard, you are out, excuses will not be tolerated. Having children to raise, they can't afford to squander their time, energy or resources. I think if Fanny had actually had to work in the real world, she would be much more disciplined and able to get things done. Her parents obviously spoiled her by allowing her to think of herself as a fairytale princess. What they got was a fairytale ogress.
Fanny, meanwhile, who has never had to do an honest day's work in her life, ended up becoming her parents' worst nightmare. Unfortunately, it is becoming the same with her protƩgƩe, Marie, as Marie wants instant success and people to pay her way. FML, Nikki and Jill have been amazingly supportive to her, and whilst I cheered for Marie to thrive and do well in this environment, she has simply slapped them in the face. No, you are an ungrateful witch. Nikki opened her home to you, and both she and Jill PAID for you to go home to Norway. Oh vey, you had to actually do some work- boohoo, life is not free. Nikki was your biggest cheerleader, and you treated her like crap. Marie, you are an entitled ass. You always have the option of returning to the Shitoo, where you're not really wanted (and Fanny doesn't have to gumption to say so.) But if you feel you can thrive elsewhere with free rent and a loving community, well, good luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Fanny, meanwhile, who has never had to do an honest day's work in her life, ended up becoming her parents' worst nightmare. Unfortunately, it is becoming the same with her protƩgƩe, Marie, as Marie wants instant success and people to pay her way. FML, Nikki and Jill have been amazingly supportive to her, and whilst I cheered for Marie to thrive and do well in this environment, she has simply slapped them in the face. No, you are an ungrateful witch. Nikki opened her home to you, and both she and Jill PAID for you to go home to Norway. Oh vey, you had to actually do some work- boohoo, life is not free. Nikki was your biggest cheerleader, and you treated her like crap. Marie, you are an entitled ass. You always have the option of returning to the Shitoo, where you're not really wanted (and Fanny doesn't have to gumption to say so.) But if you feel you can thrive elsewhere with free rent and a loving community, well, good luck.
The Marie story just makes me sad and frustrated. I was really enjoying her new style of YouTube videos. I hate to stereo type, but she's behaving like all the negative stereo types of millennials.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think something that we probably should factor in with the 'LaLande vs the Fleuries' rate of progression, even begrudgingly, is that LaLande already has its B&B rooms established . As much as I am not a huge fan of the decor and style in many of the rooms at Lalande, they are guest ready and habitable (well, during warmer months anyway). So, there is no mad dash for Stephanie & coowners to renovate like the Fleuries.

Of course, as we all keep saying, what Lalande needs is desperate improvement and one would think the owner(s) would want to get on with it sooner rather than later. You know, when I sit and think of those two very passive male coowners not demanding more time be dedicated to actual project completions ,but then they don't actually live there either , what a screwy situation. I hope part of Nick's argument with SJ included him telling her to quit the manic travels and focus on the renovations. And off to S Africa she goes ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
The Marie story just makes me sad and frustrated. I was really enjoying her new style of YouTube videos. I hate to stereo type, but she's behaving like all the negative stereo types of millennials.
While I do enjoy Sarah's video editing, Marie has shown her true colours. She's an entitled bogan brat. Upon her return to Norway, she's greeted with a tonne of advent gifts from her mum- which she never showcased, as obviously they are not up to her standards now that she's famous on YouTube in her own mind. (Her mum appeared to put a lot of thought and effort into them, so it would have been lovely to see what her mum gave to her- but no.) Her sledding vid was pretty much about "Why did you give me a shite children's sled?" and hanging out with her other BFF. Sure, Marie made a centerpiece for the table (which I suspect her mum never asked her for- but mum was gracious about it.) There was very little interaction with her younger siblings (it was obvious she had no fecks to give to them.) Marie truly showed her arse and true colours here.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wonder if Mr P bought him the iPhone13? Hilton BogotĆ”. Jesus wept .

(Not exactly filling out those budgie smugglers impressively is he). Maybe the water was cold !
He's looking like a basic circuit queen. He's like any other hustler or wannabe actor in WeHo.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.