The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks all that answered about "It's a Wonderful Life".
Yes they are a bit strange, but I do admire them for selling the Chateau when they realised they couldn't afford it. It was heart breaking for them. When I watched their packing videos I was very sad for them.
They said others had told them to set up a patreon or go fund me so they could keep the Chateau, but they thought that was morally wrong, to expect ours to pay for their lifestyle. They are very devoted to each other and work well together. But she shouldn't feed the Coypu!
I don’t get a good feeling about him. She’s very childlike, with a young boys figure (minus the boobs) and he ask her if she’s “been a good girl” before buying her a doll. It really gave me the creeps.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
The fleuries style is so clean and light in contrast, so refreshing. I know some people find it a bit bland but for sure I'd prefer any of their rooms to the headache inducing mess and clutter of lalande.
And comparing their downstairs bathrooms, guest loos or whatever, Anna's brilliant mural wins hands down 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Good job Fleuries!!
Anna's mural is gorgeous and doesn't give you a headache like madam's wallpapered loo. I've always thought that the LeFleuries intend to dress the rooms further (curtains downstairs), paintings, etc. when they have the money and find exactly what they're looking for rather than choosing a load of gaudy trash from the brocant in many billious patterns, just for the sake of spending money.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This is nothing we don't already know, but I'm a very visual person, and like lists and seeing things on paper, so I've been wanting to write this all down. Information that her fans can not argue with, because it is straight from her mouth, and all in ONE vlog. She gave it all up. But for me, I need to see the facts on a page away from the fluff and the cheery talk and the ramble to have it all make sense and see the actual impact of it ... so I'm thinking I will put this in the wiki. If you can think of anything I've missed let me know. I'd like a reference for it too, as I want to footnote this so they can't just tell us we're fabricating something or making up our own narrative.

Stephanie Jarvis - The million pound heiress

2005 October - bought la Lande for 890,000 Euros (590,000 pounds) with Nick Larkin. They each sold a 2 bedroom London flat, and together had 590,000 pounds to spend). It should be noted that the only way a 29 year old would have a 245,000 London flat to sell was because her parents bought it for her.

At the same time she & Nick bought la Lande her parents sold a 7 bedroom house in England & they bought a 1 bedroom house They decided to give her her inheritance while they were still alive. She used this money in 2 ways 1) to get a new flat in London (her BnB in Angel, Islington) (??Price maybe another 300,000))) 2) the rest on renovations at the Chateau. She tells us the renos cost over 300,000 pounds,

2006 started renos after living in la Lande for a year

2009 Daddy passes away (more inheritance? Or did it all go to Mummy for now?)

2019 they had the chateau revalued when Michael Potts wanted to buy in. It was valued at 890,000 Euros, exactly what they paid for it in 2005

Her 2 bed flat in Cloudesly Place, Islington is probably worth approximately 700,000 pounds today.

Still to inherit from Mummy, house in Framlingham, apartment in southern France, Beach house in Southbroom, South Africa.

Summary:

1st London flat 245,000 pounds

2nd London flat 300,000 pounds (guess, now valued about 700,000)

money for reno 300,000 pounds - initial renovations from 2006-2009, all decor work happened after this, but she doesn't say where she got the money from for this.

that’s 845,000 pounds in just real-estate and renos

This doesn’t count any money they have given her just for living expenses in life, trips places, inheritance after daddy passed.

So she’s easily already inherited over a million pounds and still has mummy’s properties and cash etc to inherit.

Information found in this vlog, as told by Stephanie herself.

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube

Also to be noted, Stephanie, of her own admission, says she had no career and lived a laid back life for over 40 years, one the complete opposite of her parents who had a hard work ethic. She describes her self as being so laid back it was to the point of inactivity, and that she had a rest for 40 years. This can be found in her interview with Marie on Success Stories.
Becoming A Full Time Youtuber & Finding Your Motivation With Stephanie Jarvis - YouTube

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Yes, kind of sad about MP. I hope he can get his groove back (just as I hope all of the lost chateau folk find their way.) He should just focus on what made people tune in in the first place. Consistent, interesting videos; and FFS, break out those paints again - people are begging him for merch.

For SJ, I think her vlogs will greatly improve après PJ; especially if she ditches the vulgar cadeau.
Nothing on this earth would have me watch MP's videos again. He's shown his true colours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
This is nothing we don't already know, but I'm a very visual person, and like lists and seeing things on paper, so I've been wanting to write this all down. Information that her fans can not argue with, because it is straight from her mouth, and all in ONE vlog. She gave it all up. But for me, I need to see the facts on a page away from the fluff and the cheery talk and the ramble to have it all make sense and see the actual impact of it ... so I'm thinking I will put this in the wiki. If you can think of anything I've missed let me know. I'd like a reference for it too, as I want to footnote this so they can't just tell us we're fabricating something or making up our own narrative.

Stephanie Jarvis - The million pound heiress

2005 October - bought la Lande for 890,000 Euros (590,000 pounds) with Nick Larkin. They each sold a 2 bedroom London flat, and together had 590,000 pounds to spend). It should be noted that the only way a 29 year old would have a 245,000 London flat to sell was because her parents bought it for her.

At the same time she & Nick bought la Lande her parents sold a 7 bedroom house in England & they bought a 1 bedroom house They decided to give her her inheritance while they were still alive. She used this money in 2 ways 1) to get a new flat in London (her BnB in Angel, Islington) (??Price maybe another 300,000))) 2) the rest on renovations at the Chateau. She tells us the renos cost over 300,000 pounds,

2006 started renos after living in la Lande for a year

2009 Daddy passes away (more inheritance? Or did it all go to Mummy for now?)

2019 they had the chateau revalued when Michael Potts wanted to buy in. It was valued at 890,000 Euros, exactly what they paid for it in 2005

Her 2 bed flat in Cloudesly Place, Islington is probably worth approximately 700,000 pounds today.

Still to inherit from Mummy, house in Framlingham, apartment in southern France, Beach house in Southbroom, South Africa.

Summary:

1st London flat 245,000 pounds

2nd London flat 300,000 pounds (guess, now valued about 700,000)

money for reno 300,000 pounds

that’s 845,000 pounds in just real-estate and renos

This doesn’t count any money they have given her just for living expenses in life, trips places, inheritance after daddy passed.

So she’s easily already inherited over a million pounds and still has mummy’s properties and cash etc to inherit.

Information found in this vlog, as told by Stephanie herself.

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube

Also to be noted, Stephanie, of her own admission, says she had no career and lived a laid back life for over 40 years, one the complete opposite of her parents who had a hard work ethic. She describes her self as being so laid back it was to the point of inactivity, and that she had a rest for 40 years. This can be found in her interview with Marie on Success Stories.
Becoming A Full Time Youtuber & Finding Your Motivation With Stephanie Jarvis - YouTube
The numbers are all so grotesque.
Sell London, sell SA and use the funds to restore Lalande. Shut down Patreon, focus on the B&B and let that income cover chateau expenses and live off the YouTube revenue. The reliance on others to fund her lifestyle and occasional chateau projects increasingly chaps my hide!:mad:

Nothing on this earth would have me watch MP videos again. He's shown his true colours.
It's probably to my detriment, but I have a really looooooooong fuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Courtyard? Courtyard my arse. A courtyard is a feature that is enclosed on four sides, normally by buildings. I wish we would stop calling it Courtyard and call it as it is, the front of a farmhouse. There, bitching done.
Def. not a courtyard. Looks more like the tradesman's entrance. The terrace with steps would make a far better entrance. Especially as the main ground floor rooms appear to open onto it.

Reactions: 19
Nothing on this earth would have me watch MP videos again. He's shown his true colours.
I can sympathize…it’s hard to go back once you’ve seen how the sausage is made! 😆 And trust me, when it comes to MPK, there’s been a LOT of sausage!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So Dan strips the paint off door, and then primes it. Fanny does know what colour she wants it, so put back like that. For Gawds Sake just paint it white then you can add another coat of different colour later. You know that door with never get painted now, it will forever be only primer.

PS @la justice we seem to think the same way at the same time!
I'll give it 6 months before the door is painted 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Wondering if anyone heard what came of SJ’s mysterious hospital visit all those months ago? I recall a prescription for lots of rest.

Reactions: 11
Thanks all that answered about "It's a Wonderful Life".
Yes they are a bit strange, but I do admire them for selling the Chateau when they realised they couldn't afford it. It was heart breaking for them. When I watched their packing videos I was very sad for them.
They said others had told them to set up a patreon or go fund me so they could keep the Chateau, but they thought that was morally wrong, to expect ours to pay for their lifestyle. They are very devoted to each other and work well together. But she shouldn't feed the Coypu!
Is the hair real? If not, it’s a wonderful toupee

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks for the information ;).
Well, I stand corrected, he's got experience. So he shouldn't copy other people's work and should know better. And he wants to give advices to other people? Lol.

View attachment 977643

His work is just not good, sorry. Unless he just doesn't know how to present it nicely. 'Cause sorry but you see his portfolio, and Raining's portfolio... There's no comparison. With things such as squarespace, wix etc nowadays it's just weird that he's portfolio looks so dated. It's just super tacky and not on trend. And I'm not even talking about the latest 2021 graphic design trends. But like I haven't seen a single graphic designer use such call-to-action buttons in forever (the "get started" button, with lots of effects that are just dated in the graphic design sphere nowadays).
He puts illustration in his skills but was not able to come up with his own peacock illustration?

It'sone thing to pass as a graphic design expert with clients who have 0 eye for design, but I highly respect his ability to convince other professional of the industry to trust him! That's someone who knows how to sell himself.
she just had one over the holidays! What are you talking about🤣🤣
My point being not requiring to treat random volunteers and paid employees as her longtime friends. The Christmas crew was very stilted.

I don’t get a good feeling about him. She’s very childlike, with a young boys figure (minus the boobs) and he ask her if she’s “been a good girl” before buying her a doll. It really gave me the creeps.
It’s a second marriage for him. I always got the vibe she was older than him, but I could be wrong. Whilst I admire there work ethic, they lost me when they were making toast in a 1940s toaster. I mean please. Why have indoor plumbing then!?!?

• Haha
In respect to Sara’s hands shaking, she was very uncomfortable on camera from the beginning. She spoke very quickly and loudly. She spoke on her social media about her discomfort and reluctance to being on YouTube. Interesting angle that @Jeeves brings up is anger. Could the perceived nice gesture of sending the postcards actually be some sort of threat to maybe watch their P’s and Q’s.
Sarah still seems uncomfortable on camera. The only time I saw her "let loose" was when Shrek and she went to visit another Shitoo (my memory is a bit foggy, as all the videos morph together- I think it was Chateau Love.) They went to a village for wine and cheese, and after a few glasses of wine, Sarah was in fine form, and was actually funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My point being not requiring to treat random volunteers and paid employees as her longtime friends. The Christmas crew was very stilted.

It’s a second marriage for him. I always got the vibe she was older than him, but I could be wrong. Whilst I admire there work ethic, they lost me when they were making toast in a 1940s toaster. I mean please. Why have indoor plumbing then!?!?
To flush the toilet ? 😝

• Haha
Was this the visit that offended SJ? I recall something about her feeling that they humiliated her during her visit.
She was making a monitized vlog his sister’s chateau which was a dirty, untidy, cluttered mess and she felt insulted? I bet his sister didn’t know her field mice were being filmed for all eternity.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wondering if anyone heard what came of SJ’s mysterious hospital visit all those months ago? I recall a prescription for lots of rest.
I would love to know as well. I think it was sexities not sure how to spell. Lots of sex from not having it often. Why the doctor said she needs to rest

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.