The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So true. Also calling volunteers dear friends (there's something she could really benefit from: embracing the concept that friends are actually the ones you don't have to pay and do not want something in return for their presence...sad to say, but she does not have any altruistic relationships left in her money overflowing life), putting the blame for creating that monstrous gag channel on Hanni so she can dodge responsibility when she has to finally admit to its ethical questionability, changing the rules of her games by now saying she's going to put the names of ALL patrons behind the ugly fake panelling (I'm waiting for confirmation but have heard rumors that cousin Armoir found clues that the panelling is not only in a very bad state but is much younger than SJ made everyone believe but he is ordered to keep that information to himself) and not just the ones who actually paid big bucks for that privilege.
It will probably be enough to keep the patrons aboard, that is the ones who still believe in her ability to manage the unnecessary renovation of a building that was burned down for a reason (Think French! Think Revolution!) and lost all its esthetic and historic value since and should have never been rebuild but certainly not tarnished by turning it into the princess palace she envisions. She will not be able to ignore the costs though and I don't mean the money, but the stress of having to lie all the time has turned all of their lives upside down and has extracted every single piece of joy and turned it into a circus. Happiness has become a distant memory for SJ and those of us who know her can see that all sparkles have faded in her eyes. She might still be able to fool strangers, her once peers should know it's time to put an end to it, long overdue, to avoid lasting damage to her health.
Life, Love and Laughter - More like Lazy, Laughable Liars

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
She definitely knows how to emotionally manipulate viewers with her vision. She sounds like a 1990s televangelist asking for money to build a new TV station or fund the purchase of a brand new private jet---with a promise that "if you give, we will inscribe your name on the book of life brass plate which we'll place behind a panel never to be seen by anyone except spiders."

Damn it, SJ! If you're doing donor plates put them all on display so you can add names of new donors (you're welcome for the idea)...and to remind yourself every day how you selfishly and shamelessly manipulated grannies living on pension money to help you live in luxury!
GREAT POINT. How many parks proudly put donor names on benches? How many libraries put donor names on VISIBLE sides of walls? How many deserving org's put donor names on walkways and bricks? SO MANY.

Because they're PROUD.

Because donors DESERVE TO BE SEEN.

Only SJ could spin smushing your nice generous name against an old decrepit wall never to be seen again until after we're all dead, AS A GOOD THING.

Geez she should be the PR spokesperson after an ocean oil spill. She would make the water sound like yummy tea and coffee.

I'm starting to think of Patreon peeps like I think of anti-vaxxers and motorcyclists who hate helmets. You made your bed now lie in it, and why should I care.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Wow the new vid shows the power of tattle! Stephanie you are a wonderful presenter - I can help with your ethical dilemma re unedifying gift grab. Set up an ebay or similar account for all yr gifts and all proceeds go to charity! Happy for you to give the food items to your volunteers! Job done.
All ideas welcome to finally make her end this distasteful shitshow. Let's put the pressure on her, as she has been milking that cow beyond any reasonableness, even if you are into unwrapping stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I for one am rooting for Armoir to have a marvelous time there, so marvelous he might want to rethink his move to her HMN? And if Nutty realizes she has missed her family way more than she thought possible, the happy couple might consider "starting their lives together" like Selmar and his Tats, but in Argentina?!
Argentina is very, very cool.
And very, very weird.
And very, very fascist.
Amazon product

Reactions: 7
You just met these people and you’re going to let them stay at your home while you’re away. Has SJ been deserted by so many of her friends that now your friend circle is limited to your friends of your toyboy lover? You can hire licensed, insured house sitters.

But here’s a crazy idea- just stay the f__k home during a pandemic, or perhaps just stay home and do some actual work on your shitoo, because you don’t need 16 trips a year!
It's not going to be Maaike and her mother babysitting her HMN while she spreads the virus in SA, but Kim Raad and her professor husband.

Do you think that because Amaury is 'contracted' now he will do all the work, maybe with Dan helping and there will be no more Ian(s)?
For Ian's sake and his wife's peace of mind: let's hope so. I doubt it though, Ian is way too invested as he feels he's got substitute paternal duties in taking care of the little princess.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Thanks @Ann G., that’s my favorite dog Ralph. My 2020/21 YouTube chateaux interest led to my mini renaissance dog gallery. So far I’ve gotten 3 of my 4 pups portraits done and framed with ridiculous ornate gold frames. I had to coordinate the nearby light switch, it would just be weird otherwise.
View attachment 970972
Is your fridge freezer pretty inside?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
We all know it's a hustle, but on YouTube, it does seem like the easier on the eyes you are, the better your chances of raking in the dosh regardless of whether or not you lifted a finger.
This is true for a lot of influencers - on blogs, Instagram, Facebook, everywhere. Younger and prettier tend to get more popular, earn more money. Even though some of the older women (cuz this is mostly women) can do far more creative, original things.

Reactions: 13
nothing..just an endless list of delays and excuses.
Don't forget the straight out lies. Like having a working automatic watering system in the walled veggie garden. It has never worked and surely is anything but automatic, but who cares, there's no produce in the winter. WTF: you have TWO gardeners AND a large greenhouse and you can't even make something grow there? Not a good look, but who cares, her fans our hungry for more lies all the time.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
That’s a good point! In the US, the laws are really geared toward occupants. Since Snorts has moved his personal effects into the chateau, he would probably be considered a tenant (even if he’s not paying rent). He could claim that his work was lieu of rent. If this was the US and he was asked to leave, he could play hardball, refuse to go, and make life miserable if he wanted.
This problem can happen in France too...

Reactions: 10
This was her message to patrons today, trying to show how busy she's been and justifying how she deserves a vacation. She definitely went through the laundry list of items we mentioned here.
  • Stephanie Jarvis

View attachment 970858

January 7, 2022 A Huge Thank You To You All
    Hello dear patrons,
    This isn’t a patron-only post, it’s this evening’s Chateau Diaries, but I wanted to post it here too, as I made it as a thank you to celebrate everything you’ve done for Lalande.
    It’s been a glorious year because of you, and it was a joy to go through my footage and realise just how far we’ve come in twelve months. And I had to leave quite a lot out because of time constraints (starting the china pantry, my study & terrace, Narnia and the compost bin, etc!)
    Unbelievably, our Chateau Unwrapped! channel made over €23,000 for charity, so our chateau community is truly making an impact well beyond the gates of Lalande ❤
    And, though I didn’t mention it in the vlog, it was a great year for our chambres d’hôtes, too, as we hosted 250 guests! I loved meeting them and eating with them every weekend - thank you so much to all of you who were able to make it here in 2021.
    On the YouTube front, I made 263 videos in 2021 - averaging nearly half an hour each (across The Chateau Diaries, Chateau Unwrapped! and Patreon) totaling over 28 million views, and, whilst I’ve loved every second, I have to admit to being a bit exhausted, which is why I’m only making three videos per week in January (and maybe the first half of February). There will be one Chateau Diary, one Cadeaux at the Chateau and one Patreon video per week. I’m already feeling much more relaxed, and I know that this quieter period will help fuel a lot of creativity come spring 🤓
    I have prefilmed the next two weeks of Chateau Diaries and Patron videos as Philip, Gerry and I will be on our way to see Mummy in South Africa! I will vlog once I get there so that you can all see Mummy and Percy and join in our adventures!
    I simply don’t know how to thank you all for transforming my life and the future of Lalande in this way. As you can see from the video, I have decided that all patrons should have their names behind the panelling of the grand salon, regardless of their tier. You are all part of the fabric of this chateau.
    As an extra thank you, the Dauphins and Dauphines of Lalande will have their names behind a set of the double doors in the grand salon, so that they will be able to see their name when they visit. For the rest of you, we will be photographing the name plates behind the panelling before they’re fixed into place, so you’ll all be able to download a photo of your names at Lalande.
    Thank you again to each and every one of you,
    Lots of love, Stephanie xxx

Damage control coming too late, I'd say. They are all in for a tough ride, but will keep up appearances until her moat starts smelling. Oh, wait, it already does...

• Haha
Reactions: 29
In Australia if you live together for more than two years you are considered a de facto couple but the exception to the rule can be if you have children or joint contributions to property then it could be shorter than two years.
If France is like this ..... good luck Fanny!
No. France is not like this. We already discussed it a few threads ago : Common Law (UK + Commonwealth) vs written law (France) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Geeze, You Euros are really brainwashed. Live a little!
Hi and welcome. I don't know what gave you the impression that we don't live a little, but if you would take the time to read what we are about here you'll find out we actually live a lot! We just like to take others into account too and try to prevent that our actions will harm them i any way. I know it might feel like an alien concept to you, but I can recommend you to try it too!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I think he’d have more traction with being a common law spouse. Fanny is providing for him monetarily, housing his sorry ass as well as emotionally. Presumably in the spousal duties department but let’s not take a deep dive there. I found that the French Paliarment passed a law in 1999 granting legal status to unmarried couples.

Congratulations, Mr Stephanie Jarvis!
You must be speaking of the Civil Partnership (PACS). It's a legal document which must be done in a tribunal.

PS : There is no such thing as Common Law in France (Written law).

Reactions: 15
A few comments before they are wiped out. They are online doing just that.
1641546735646.png

nino of sicily is my new favorite. one of his comments was wiped out before I couldtake a screen shot.
1641547020792.png

1641547190481.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Her one big mistake was greed. That led to the monster that is Patreon, the Association, and GAG, because of all the extra filming and accountability. Having built up a successful lifestyle and travel vlog on the back of ChateauDIY she could have coasted along nicely with income from YouTube paying for plenty of holidays and parties. Folks liked her onscreen charisma and peeks into a different life in France and her fun parties and travels. She could have carried on tinkering with decorating but then sold up (as per the original plan), taking her viewers with her when she bought a new pad in Venice.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can someone who knows about building materials tell us… are those damp spots on the wall behind her, or mold?! I can only imagine how humid and stuffy the air in that room is!

View attachment 970895
Having been there I can tell you there's no damp. There's actual waterfalls dripping on those walls. But hey, it will all be covered up by something pretty...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
...yeah...the heavy ‘food”...🤢

..that new downstairs loo must’ve gotten a major work out...
Yes, the downstairs loo, with so many individuals having access to ONE shitter, the atmosphere must be quite ripe. Maybe instead of assorted perfumes, Fanny should have installed an ammonia aerosol device.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I thank you all for keeping me entertained this last few months, I’ve always dipped in and out of tattle to verify the BS I witness on YouTube, I stopped watching CD for a year when snorts appeared. I so admire your determination to shine the light on the lies and squandering of Patreon money, but in all honesty the money will still roll in, the poor management of funds will continue and a wedding is in the near future 😔😔

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Yes! They're all such hard workers; and they finish what they start too! I was so impressed with what the Lalacelle crew has accomplished that I recently became a Patreon of theirs. Am I allowed to say that here?😎
It looks like efflorescence to me. I'd be concerned about moisture. Does anyone know if they are limestone or granite walls? She might have to remove the concrete and re-point.
Granite walls. And yes, she should be concerned about moisture and she needs to remove the concrete and re-point with lime render, but she won't. She is SJ: she can get away with stuff like that, remember?

You beat me to it @chillijam -I was going to comment the same. She moves between MY for ownership to WE for work. Even in the opening of her first vlog she uses WE.
So dear Nic & Potty, watch out for a text message WE have a tax problem.
Believe me, they've received that message loud and clear during their stay for the holidays. It's all part of the very tense atmosphere leading up to that boring non party for New Year. All were very happy to leave the dump behind afterwards.

now at 40 more patrons, and $642CAD more ....

here in Canada the lowest tier can become a patron for is $7, so, not all of these are lowest tier, but most must be. Wonder how many are just doing it for the month and that will be all they can do, I hope so.
What I often wonder is when will she finally learn the most basic of life lessons: money can't buy you love. Or happiness.

Wonder how many times she will have to write her own name on the back of the paneling? :)
She loves writing her own name. That should give you an estimate.

Is it just me, or is the idea of my name being written anywhere hidden behind some pseudo panelling just utterly unexciting?
My kids put their initials in wet concrete when people are doing their driveways, highly illegal of course, but they all do it. That I understand because years later we still walk past and giggle. But hidden? So no-one sees or knows, and as an adult?? Seriously? Maybe I'm missing something.
But she will take pictures before the names get locked in! Forever prove you'll be buried in her dump, now who wouldn't want that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.