The Capture - BBC - (Spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello

I haven't seen a thread for The Capture yet that is on BBC...

I am obsessed! My partner and I binge watched as much as we could, but we can't watch the final episode until Sunday when we have time together.

I clocked on that the truck/bus was going to be connected... and we keep guessing together what is happening next.

Reminded me a lot of Line of Duty season 1 where I was just gripped straight away and constantly being surprised by something.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I only just heard about this show and thought it sounded interesting and ended up watching the whole thing on my day off yesterday. It’s such a fascinating concept - terrifying and realistic. The whole idea of something as valuable as cctv in police work being vulnerable to that level of manipulation could be so dangerous. I loved the way the establishment was involved too and the way they justified it. That reminded me of the new Chris Morris’s film about how the F.B.I. covertly funds potential ‘terrorists’ to come up with a plot so they can them arrest them for it. Believable, in other words.
I also think the writing was really strong in terms of the twists and turns of the plot. As well as the acting - the two leads especially.

When the little band of crusaders in the night club showed up , and the solicitor was involved saying some weird prayer I did roll my eyes and feel it was getting a bit silly but I think they pulled it back and overall I loved it - if you couldn’t tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The ending was such a let down though :( Carey just lost her integrity entirely and I am not impressed...

Reactions: 4
The ending was such a let down though :( Carey just lost her integrity entirely and I am not impressed...
Did she though?!! is she going along with it to uncover them? I would imagine it will come back for a second series...

• Heart
Yeah I definitely think there was more to it than her simply saying ‘ah duck it If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em” - something about the expression on her face, compared to her very real righteous anger and disgust when she found about what happened to Hannah (she wasn’t faking that). Also it sets up for a second series much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes as annoying as the ending was i I just assumed it was set up for another series

I really enjoyed the twists and turns. I was gripped from the start. Two of the actors are in White Lines on Netflix at the moment. Hopefully there will be a season 2.

Reactions: 1
It’s been commissioned for a second series 🥳
Great ! This show was so underrated and didn’t get the attention it deserved in my view. Especially when you look at some of the things that become a TV phenomenon and are so much worse- the bodyguard and doctor foster spring to mind...

I loved Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You so great to see him in this, really enjoying the start of the new series

• Heart
Is season 2 worth a watch? I loved season 1, but I don’t know if the thing that made it different and original is done now, and it should be left as a one season thing. Like how Homeland became a general spy thriller after the first season.

I missed this the first time around and just finished watching series 1. I was so impressed! Kept me gripped the entire time.

just caught up on the first two episodes of the new series. Really good so far, although am wondering what direction this will go in as it needs to feel different and fresh this time, and I’m hoping they don’t rely too much on the correction videos being the driving force of the plot. I just hope it’s not constant videos of politicians saying things they didn’t say 🤣 might get old a bit quick. I am interested to see how this series goes as the first was so good

Reactions: 6
I've only just discovered this. Currently on series one episode two. Really enjoying it so far

Reactions: 5
I’ve really enjoyed it and I’m really looking forward to seeing how it ends. I’m actually quite scared watching it though, the thought that this type of technology is probably real is so worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 5