The Bucket List Family - they want your cash!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone still here? I found this thread after watching their latest video on their marriage.

The BLF vids were always my safe haven when I needed a pick me up or distraction from real life struggles. Always sunny, beautiful ocean, etc etc. But their latesr vid left a reallllly bad taste in my mouth. It portrays Garrett as a narcissistic a**hole and a manchild. A few examples: never changed a diaper doesn't take out the trash and refuses to turn on the oven when Jess askes him to. Doesn't own a wallet. Says he is the taker and Jess is the giver. Says that his 'marbles' are more valuable than Jess's and that she is simple and vanille. It was absolutely horrible to watch this. Anyone else seen it too? They are getting slammed in the comment section as well.

Edit: they have now deleted the video.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Anyone still here? I found this thread after watching their latest video on their marriage.

The BLF vids were always my safe haven when I needed a pick me up or distraction from real life struggles. Always sunny, beautiful ocean, etc etc. But their latesr vid left a reallllly bad taste in my mouth. It portrays Garrett as a narcissistic a**hole and a manchild. A few examples: never changed a diaper doesn't take out the trash and refuses to turn on the oven when Jess askes him to. Doesn't own a wallet. Says he is the taker and Jess is the giver. Says that his 'marbles' are more valuable than Jess's and that she is simple and vanille. It was absolutely horrible to watch this. Anyone else seen it too? They are getting slammed in the comment section as well.

I didn't see the video and I don't know much about Mormonism but they both we're obviously devout enough to go on their mission and they've gone to church every Sunday when they were travelling around the world. Is it possible some of it is their religion? A lot of religions are very traditional regarding gender roles.

I used to really like their videos but they've got a bit boring.

On a side note I've always thought it was weird how Dorothy is sharing a room with her brothers which is okay for now but they've bought a house that doesn't appear to have an extra room for her when she's a bit more grown up and needs her own space.

Reactions: 2
I didn't see the video and I don't know much about Mormonism but they both we're obviously devout enough to go on their mission and they've gone to church every Sunday when they were travelling around the world. Is it possible some of it is their religion? A lot of religions are very traditional regarding gender roles.

I used to really like their videos but they've got a bit boring.

On a side note I've always thought it was weird how Dorothy is sharing a room with her brothers which is okay for now but they've bought a house that doesn't appear to have an extra room for her when she's a bit more grown up and needs her own space.
I thought it was their religion as well, but I follow some mormon families on insta and the husbands do loaaadsss of things there, so I think it's just Garrett being lazy, as he said 'I don't do things I don't want to do.'

I too think it's weird there is no room for Dorothy for when she grows up. I have two younger brothers also and at some point it's just awkward sharing the room. You need your own space!

I thought it was their religion as well, but I follow some mormon families on insta and the husbands do loaaadsss of things there, so I think it's just Garrett being lazy, as he said 'I don't do things I don't want to do.'

I too think it's weird there is no room for Dorothy for when she grows up. I have two younger brothers also and at some point it's just awkward sharing the room. You need your own space!
It's hard to know people's exact family roles but to me it comes across as Garrett makes the videos, exercises and does surf/snorkel time with the kids. He's like a big kid having fun. Jess seems much more down to earth and practical.

There's other Mormon YouTube families too where the dad's are really involved, Crazy Pieces / Crazy Middles come to mind but then if we're talking mormon YouTube familes there's also like 8 Passengers so it might depend on their exact upbringing within the church. There's a lot of variance within religions, maybe Garrett was raised more to believe women should serve him.

It's hard to know people's exact family roles but to me it comes across as Garrett makes the videos, exercises and does surf/snorkel time with the kids. He's like a big kid having fun. Jess seems much more down to earth and practical.

There's other Mormon YouTube families too where the dad's are really involved, Crazy Pieces / Crazy Middles come to mind but then if we're talking mormon YouTube familes there's also like 8 Passengers so it might depend on their exact upbringing within the church. There's a lot of variance within religions, maybe Garrett was raised more to believe women should serve him.
I hadn’t even realised they were Mormons, not really watched them for a year although watched one the other night, they’re too sickly sweet,

I think Garrett is just a giant child and would prefer to be his children’s best friends than their dad. I used to really like them but I get so fed up with their “we’re a normal family” tag line because I mean they aren’t are they? I also think their cartoon idea is bizarre?

I think Garrett is just a giant child and would prefer to be his children’s best friends than their dad. I used to really like them but I get so fed up with their “we’re a normal family” tag line because I mean they aren’t are they? I also think their cartoon idea is bizarre?
I definitely see Garrett as a giant man child. He mostly seems to interact with his children in the context of either surf/snorkel or soccer/football and it's like what is he doing the rest of the time?

Cartoon might work, but it's just an idea so it would depend on how it was executed. Does seem weird to want to cartoonise your children for when they don't want to let you film them as much anymore.

They are definitely not a normal family, they were much more normal when they started their channel and there was a huge amount of luck involved in them getting where they are. Nowadays Garrett just seems a bit full of himself and I feel sorry for Jess having to do all the actual work. Garrett probably counts playing with his drone as work time.

Reactions: 4

Wow. I wish I would have watched that! I liked them too but amongst other things I got so shorted that they started the water bottle and green kits sales when their carbon footprint is through the roof.

I definitely see Garrett as a giant man child. He mostly seems to interact with his children in the context of either surf/snorkel or soccer/football and it's like what is he doing the rest of the time?

Cartoon might work, but it's just an idea so it would depend on how it was executed. Does seem weird to want to cartoonise your children for when they don't want to let you film them as much anymore.

They are definitely not a normal family, they were much more normal when they started their channel and there was a huge amount of luck involved in them getting where they are. Nowadays Garrett just seems a bit full of himself and I feel sorry for Jess having to do all the actual work. Garrett probably counts playing with his drone as work time.
Garrett comes
I agree. I felt bad for Manilla when he would make him go on roller coasters as a younger kid. I know it’s great to push kids out of their comfort zone but geez he is like a perfectionist and expects a lot from his kids under the guise of making them brave. There’s plenty of times when the kids looked like they were done having fun and the dad’s like nope try again.

Watching them in lockdown highlights just how delayed their boys are in all areas except swimming 🙄 compare them to the crosbys as they have kids the same ages...
I agree. The kids are very hard to understand they seem delayed in speech. I don’t know how any of them will be able to sit through real school or a real job or frankly the real world. They are only equipped for fun. Lol. The fact the mom talks about being so depressed during Covid just shows how out of touch they are which is ironic because I thought travel made you wiser and more cultured and all that. I get rich people have problems too but they are extremely blessed/privileged/lucky whatever you like to call it

Last edited:
Omg now they are asking their subscriber's for 7 million dollars 😱😱 this is just ridiculous. Garrett is a multi millionaire for god sake.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
They’ve nearly done it. They’re on about 6 million invested currently. Mental. And they are still plugging the “we’re just an ordinary family” line

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anyone still watch them? I love the kids they are so sweet but I’m sickened at the content and video they’ve put up today with click bait about a ski accident and then leaving it as a ‘to be continued’ with Jess crying in the background - not fair to their fans or the people who pay to watch!!

Especially when they’ve recently been hinting Jess is pregnant, not nice way to play with their followers emotions at all 😔😔

Reactions: 5
I just saw the video but haven’t watched it. I must have missed the pregnancy hints but the click bait doesn’t surprise me tbh.

I loved the guys until today, the clickbait video with no actual answer to what happened and if she's okay. Gah. Why?!

It's such poor taste to use Jessica's accident for click bait! I'm actually shocked that Garrett thinks it's ok to do that. Then he posts a story about how bad he feels. It is utterly disgusting. Nevermind
how the fans feel, it's about respecting his wife and having common decency.

Reactions: 3
Such poor taste. not even to give an update that she is okay via Instagram stories. they just lost a follower. Also, there is no way they were skiing last week as its almost May....it looked like it was more wintery. Ski resorts can have snow in May but you can usually see some melt. My point being that this is delayed content and Garett's overly dramatic Instagram stories were filmed and saved. idk why that gives me such a bad taste

Agree I don’t know how they can put it out there with no shame! I’m guessing Jess is okay and have read she had to have leg surgery so thank god nothing too serious but when Garrett was posting the stories talking about what a sad day it was i was so worried for the kids!!

Well they’ve just reposted lots of the stories from the video but absolutely no update. They don’t have to share personal things of course but the baiting is ridiculous