The Bucket List Family - they want your cash!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're getting a lot of questions about safety on the recent video. Gorgeous footage of Patagonia- I'm sure it will make a lot of people want to visit. But- they left the baby on the dock alone while they jumped in really cold water with the other two kids (Dorothy did not seem pleased) and went horseback riding without putting helmets on the kids, only on themselves. Lots of clapbacks to people asking about the kids' safety, and I bet they're blocking people, too. I noticed some of the more critical comments disappeared. Not good for their brand, I guess? They say they don't care about followers and making money, but I'm not sure how that can be with all the brands they're repping and charging a fee to be a Bucket List "friend."

Reactions: 1
I agree, I actually don’t mind them, I enjoy their videos even if it’s obvious everything is paid for, flights, accommodation etc. It annoys me that they advertise the trips with them but you are looking to spend at least $3000/4000 per person. I’m not sure they realise that’s a lot of money for a normal family.

However, whilst I think they do make their kids braver and certainly get them to go out of their comfort zone there are simple things they should do, like putting helmets on their kids who could have very easily slipped off the horse or not leaving their baby on the dock unattended even if only for a few minutes. They are quite irresponsible really.

Reactions: 3
Just discovered this family a few weeks ago. At first thought how cool, and good on them but now kinda seeing a few things not adding up. Leaving baby on the wharf while they jumped in!!! Babies move fast as we saw when the got out he scooted a few steps pretty quickly! I do think travel is amazing for kids and personally would love to see more behind the scenes stufff like packing, travel arrangements, nannies, schooling when away etc.

Just discovered this family a few weeks ago. At first thought how cool, and good on them but now kinda seeing a few things not adding up. Leaving baby on the wharf while they jumped in!!! Babies move fast as we saw when the got out he scooted a few steps pretty quickly! I do think travel is amazing for kids and personally would love to see more behind the scenes stufff like packing, travel arrangements, nannies, schooling when away etc.
They’ve shared quite a lot of that but on their bucket list friends which is a paid subscription....

Yeah but I refuse to pay for that...

Side note I’ve never got and ad during their vlogs (YouTube ad) do you?

I'm not subscribing.
Although they're so insightful and harmonic it feels like they want to sell me someting. staged.
Plus, the content is incredible but so unrealistic for ordinary families.

Since they already expose all their lifes then why not show real life footage, this would bring them to another level. No tinsel and glitter.

But what storke me the most, as you guys mentioned before, seemingly security is not a big matter for the Gees. The biggest security negligence is the information of location of their new and overhaul house. It's totally dumb. I presume, they will lose some money on the resale. Ultimately, they won't live in it, since everybody with google maps and the hints on IG can find it.
- That would be creepy if I lived there -

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I was subscribed until the friend invite. Totally turned off by how fake and greedy they sounded. A gift-A coloring page? If all of their subscribers joined the club, they would be making almost 4 million a month. Asking us for money for the school in India also turned me off. Most people are barely making it over here in the USA living tightly paycheck to paycheck which brings me to another BLF annoyance of their intro that says they are the typical average family. NOT! Average families do not have $55 million in the bank and travel the world for free by asking for free hotel, airfare and excursions in exchange for promoting their product.

Last edited:
I agree. The friends thing was a slap in the face. I'm a mom of 2 kids and we would love to travel, but because my daughter has a rare illness we are unable to. It was a way for me and my kids to bond and "see" the world. I can't pay for the subscription so honestly I have just unsubscribed and stopped watching. :(

I found another family on Youtube. They are way smaller but they actually seem to interact with people, they seem "normal" and they give actual advice and show the fun / hard times. They're legit people lol. It seems like they all get greedy once they get big, so I'm hoping this new family Traveling Holmes doesn't act that way in the future......

I'll add more fuel to the fire...so last year I noticed the parents went on a group trip to New Zealand end of January without the kids. No big deal. Meanwhile I see posts from Garrett's family members celebrating Cali's first birthday on January 31st while they are gone. BLF posted Cali's birthday video mid February. So many followers comment, yay I have same birthday or my son has the same birthday, ect...and instead of saying oh that's not his actual birthday they just comment hearts emojis. I don't think a one year old will care if they celebrated later than his actual day. I just thought it was kinda shady they didn't want to admit the reason for the delayed birthday post was because they were gone. They always post videos on the actual day for Manilla and Dorothy in the past. We will see what happens this year since it was his first.

Also, I find it odd that Garrett doesn't seem to follow his mom's travel instagram (with a tiny following.) I would think my son would help promote me if he does the same thing and knows how hard it is.

I've never heard the gay rumor.

Did anyone follow them through the whole cultural appropriation controversy. That is probably where my disappointment started. Mainly in the way Garrett treated followers. He even posted a screenshot of one follower and dissed them which in turn caused their supporters to strike out at her. Sad.

They 100% read here.

Certain comments I've made here are now missing as well. I'm mega suspicious now

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Why do you think they read here? Tbh I doubt it’s even on their radar. It’s primarily a British site right?

Reactions: 2
Greedy youtubers, I refuse to pay any membership to already wealthy youtubers, I feel like more and more are using their viewers.

Watching them in lockdown highlights just how delayed their boys are in all areas except swimming 🙄 compare them to the crosbys as they have kids the same ages...

• Heart
Reactions: 3