The Beckhams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people's thoughts on them?

I think their marriage is mostly for convenience/the brand at this point...and maybe staying together for the kids as well. There's been so many big scandals of him cheating - like Rebecca Loos and allegedly the schoolteacher a few months ago (that was conveniently brushed under the rug by the press). Maybe they have an open relationship but I've always thought it was kind of one-sided: In the beginning he was really into her but now she seems more into him.

I do have a soft spot for Victoria though. She was never my favourite Spice girl, but I think she's very funny and the press gives her a hard time, what with her not smiling and her not having the best singing voice. (I actually don't think she was as tone deaf as they made out...her solo music was never my cup of tea, but she sounded decent enough during the spice girls tours) I love that she's not afraid to take the piss out of herself (like with that 'reality' show she made in LA), but I do kind of wish she cared less about the Beckham brand.

Reactions: 20
Yeah she is funny by many accounts plus the odd moment she lets the public see - like when she collected an award recently, presumably for fashion and incorporated “what I want, what I really really want” into her acceptance speech in the most deadpan way. It was either the day or just after the reformation without her was announced. Also got to respect how well she managed to rebrand herself - and in an industry as difficult as fashion. And it’s not just rebrand in terms of image - she is now taken seriously as a high end designer and that is seriously impressive.

I don’t really have an opinion on their relationship. But the way each member of the family ONLY seems to post about each other and how much they love one another really creeps me out. I mean i don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say 90% of their posts are about family, they are obsessed with each other. It’s cult like.

Reactions: 20
I don’t really have an opinion on their relationship. But the way each member of the family ONLY seems to post about each other and how much they love one another really creeps me out. I mean i don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say 90% of their posts are about family, they are obsessed with each other. It’s cult like.
Yeah I've noticed that too...I think it must be sort of calculated. Any time one of them posts a family pic, there's always articles about it, so I think they must know it gets them press and also puts their kids out there (since aside from maybe Harper as she's so young, they all seem to want to be in the industry somehow).

Reactions: 6
Years ago ITV did a 'at home with the Beckhams' type show and she was hilarious; she also explained that she is always grim faced as she hates her teeth and her smile. She had got a tonne of PR from Dior and was buzzing, I recall she was also eating grapes. Random memory.

The scene they did with Ali G for Comic Relief is always worth a watch and also shows that she can laugh at herself

an example...

Ali G: So does Brooklyn want to grow up to be a famous footballer like his dad or a famous singer like ....Mariah Carey

Reactions: 23
Lbr, Brooklyn's photography career is purely due to nepotism. His pictures are not that great. I think it's sweet they're a close knit family but I do think a large part of it is for the Beckham branding. I know Brooklyn got a lot of flack for his pictures in Italy over the summer, where he posted pictures of Chinese tourists in Italy and a caption "No place like Italy innit". It was in terrible taste and I don't think he owned up to his mistake either.

I like Victoria because she's funny in a very understated way and has managed to create a career outside of Spice Girls (which will always have a soft spot in my heart) but it is unfortunate she's sticking with David despite all those cheating allegations. Maybe when the children are all grown up and out of the house that might be an easier decision to make.

Reactions: 15
I feel she's loves him, he's a loverat.

Anyhow bumping with her unreleased songs because they are amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 1
I think they love each other but maybe more as friends then lovers. It happens a lot to couples who have been together as long as they have. I always thought the birth of their daughter came at a bit of an odd time. Her boys are relatively close together in age and she was relatively young when she had them. I know a lot of couples who have done something like that in hopes it will bring them closer together. I do believe he cheats on her quite a bit but I'm also not sure if she cares as much about it any more. They could have an arrangement or she simply could just prefer he leave her alone and have fun elsewhere. I get more of a classy not sex crazed vibe from her. She's probably so busy she doesn't have time for it.

Reactions: 12
I thought it was sweet waaay back when they first got together but I've found them both smug and annoying for years now. I think Victoria looked lovely in the early days of the Spice Girls but she did make me cringe with her poor singing ability (imo lol). Don't get me started on that early 2000s Dane Bowers track:ROFLMAO:). I know people change, get older, etc but she's been looking so gaunt for so long now, she just reminds me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons whenever I look at her now, can't help it. I think she's lost her sense of humour over the years too, I may be in the minority with this one.

I was surprised they didn't split up when the Loos affair happened. I remember people blaming her at the time because they weren't together (sexist and unfair, or course). Well, if this has happened a few times with him, then more fool her? I don't know, they seem happy together, whatever their arrangements are, lol.

They were trying for a girl for years so it must've been nice for them to 'achieve' this in the end. They all seem like a happy, loving, solid family...they all lead charmed lives from what I can see but I guess none of us know what goes on behind closed doors, etc.
I agree with the nepotism stuff about the photography and modelling, etc, but that's just the way it is with some people, unfortunately.

Sorry for the essay :)

Reactions: 8
I actually think Victoria has quite a good sense of humour, but plays it quite straight. The video she did for British Vogue, given she wasn’t gonna be part of the Spice Girls reunion, she needed to have a bit of humour about things to be prepared to do that, because it wasn’t just about press for her doing the Spice Girls tour. She was up for a laugh.

• Haha
^ I guess you're right. Just thinking of all the times she's acted so high and mighty, couldnt help thinking "get over yourself".

Reactions: 6
I thought it was sweet waaay back when they first got together but I've found them both smug and annoying for years now. I think Victoria looked lovely in the early days of the Spice Girls but she did make me cringe with her poor singing ability (imo lol). Don't get me started on that early 2000s Dane Bowers track:ROFLMAO:). I know people change, get older, etc but she's been looking so gaunt for so long now, she just reminds me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons whenever I look at her now, can't help it. I think she's lost her sense of humour over the years too, I may be in the minority with this one.

I was surprised they didn't split up when the Loos affair happened. I remember people blaming her at the time because they weren't together (sexist and unfair, or course). Well, if this has happened a few times with him, then more fool her? I don't know, they seem happy together, whatever their arrangements are, lol.

They were trying for a girl for years so it must've been nice for them to 'achieve' this in the end. They all seem like a happy, loving, solid family...they all lead charmed lives from what I can see but I guess none of us know what goes on behind closed doors, etc.
I agree with the nepotism stuff about the photography and modelling, etc, but that's just the way it is with some people, unfortunately.

Sorry for the essay :)
You`ve said everything i feel about this couple/family. Also i very much doubt had Victoria married Joe Bloggs wether we`d see a "fashionista" and driven career woman now.Basically ,anything the elder kids have gotten has come from the Beckham name. (sorry to any of you who are fans:)

Her fashion brand is genuinely good though - no one expected that when she launched but now it’s highly respected in the industry. she’s much better at that than being a pop star, and she knows it. I think the sense of humour is true too. She knows she comes across as uptight and haughty - it’s part of the image. The fact she can poke fun at it shows it’s an act to an extent.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Big eye roll when she says her life now is about "empowering women through fashion". I like her but what a load of crap

Reactions: 7
Her new YT channel goes live in 5 hours. Just looking at the thumbnail & reading the description box it looks like a big fat #AD for various things which as far as I can tell are not declared anywhere.

Much like Coleen Rooney, her existence must be miserable ... I'm in the 'they're together to save their brand' camp - I think he checked out a long time ago.

I don't get all the negative press regarding her fashion line ... price aside, I think her designs are gorgeous, and plenty of celebs buy (or at least wear) them.

Reactions: 10
Conversely though, I don’t think he would be anywhere near as famous now if he hadn’t married her.

Reactions: 19
Conversely though, I don’t think he would be anywhere near as famous now if he hadn’t married her.
I agree. I thought he seemed like a bit of a dork when they got together - she was definitely the cool one.

Reactions: 13
I don't get all the negative press regarding her fashion line ... price aside, I think her designs are gorgeous, and plenty of celebs buy (or at least wear) them.
Totally with you on that. It’s notably not the fashion press that’s negative. She’s had good reviews from the industry since her first line launch and is a rare case of a celebrity transplanting themselves into a different career and actually being good at it. More than that, actually doing it properly from day one, never being that celebrity slapping their name across some clothes for a couple of lines. She clearly works her butt off and you have to respect that hustle because it wasn’t like she had to do it. But she wanted a proper career, and maybe David not be the only talented one.

She was never good at singing but she is good at fashion. When you hear people talk about ‘Victoria beckham’ in the context of fashion you think of the label and the clothes without thinking the ex-spice girl.

Reactions: 11
I’m sorry but does anyone actually think she designs her garments? Thought it was well known that her ‘team’ Plus a proper designer ( can’t remember his name) was making the actual garments, I can imagine her breezing about but not really doing 99% of the real work? I mean you can’t just waltz into a studio and make high fashion after being a pop star, someone has to know what they’re actually doing, give proper instructions to the pattern cutters, know a lot about fabrics etc? Is that totally bitchy but I thought she was just the show pony, a very dedicated one I admit! 🐴 😆😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.