The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Ben. Heartbroken.
That comment to Steph about 'the right man is nearer than you think' was a bit wierd.

Reactions: 2
I've been tuning in and out over the last few months as my interest has waned with the silly story lines. Back again now and things seem to be even worse:

Ben/Beth/Steph
Adil & Kirsty - is this supposed to be a new romance?
The crappy Rave...

I know on the TV we usually see rubbish progammes during the summer months, but does this also apply to radio dramas listening? Even before this season we have had quite a few rubbish episodes - the stupid Easter Bunny?? Let alone the boring [still] ongoing saga with Chris & Alice - will they won't they get back together...? 🥱

I've been tuning in and out over the last few months as my interest has waned with the silly story lines. Back again now and things seem to be even worse:

Ben/Beth/Steph
The crappy Rave...

I know on the TV we usually see rubbish progammes during the summer months, but does this also apply to radio dramas listening? Even before this season we have had quite a few rubbish episodes - the stupid Easter Bunny?? Let alone the boring [still] ongoing saga with Chris & Alice - will they won't they get back together...? 🥱
Yes it is strange - I can't quite put my finger on why I don't listen religiously like I used to.
Something is just a bit 'meh'.
Vince and the Casey family are a silly addition. I don't get the Vince/Lizzie thing at all.

Reactions: 3
Yes it is strange - I can't quite put my finger on why I don't listen religiously like I used to.
Something is just a bit 'meh'.
Vince and the Casey family are a silly addition. I don't get the Vince/Lizzie thing at all.
Indeed, this is the exact word - 'meh' - ("uninspiring; unexceptional; expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm")

No idea where the Vince/Lizzie SL is supposed to be going when they are like chalk & cheese. Of course opposites often attract, but I don't feel any warmth in their relationship and never did. Now his damn daughters are also on the scene.

• Haha

Ben/Beth/Steph
The crappy Rave...

I was saying this exact thing myself listening to this week's omnibus. Its got so boring. 😴

Reactions: 3
Cheese and Cricket this week.

Do you have any of those past their sell by date bars of chocolate left Susan?
😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Story of workplace bullying coming up with Tracey and chicken factory Gemma?
I don't think we've had one of them before. Interesting as it presumably shows how it can happen to someone like Tracey, who you wouldn't consider a pushover.

Story of workplace bullying coming up with Tracey and chicken factory Gemma?
I don't think we've had one of them before. Interesting as it presumably shows how it can happen to someone like Tracey, who you wouldn't consider a pushover.
Yes think so.
Very presumptuous of Tracey here, no one likes to be told how to do their job. But yes, the subtle bullying has started, seen it in the workplace, it’s just horrible.

George's father Will always had a bit of a nasty streak when he was younger.

Didn't Brad attempt some insurance scam with the Grey Gables fire not long ago (when he was still a silent)? Seems unlikely with the Brad we see now.

George's father Will always had a bit of a nasty streak when he was younger.

Didn't Brad attempt some insurance scam with the Grey Gables fire not long ago (when he was still a silent)? Seems unlikely with the Brad we see now.
Brad also got drunk on Jazzers home brew!

• Haha
George is getting worse 😬
Seems to have inherited the worst aspects of the Horrobins (Clive), and the nastier side of Will.
I bet Susan can see Clive in him.

Talk of blackmail :oops:

A smoking Postbox :oops:

Tom, would you loike a spinach omelette?
You've got a gusty one there

Last edited:
Looking like the Horrobins being the main storyline, with the cost of living crisis, family strife, jobs etc.
I missed the show the past couple of weeks, enjoying it this morning.