The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their salaries will be under £12,500 each to pay no tax. She will make money by claiming “dividends”, which you pay a lower tax rate on if your salary is in the basic rate tax bracket.
It looks like she took £320k which had been building up and probably went towards the deposit for the new house. This would have been taxed at only 7.5%, instead of at 40% if her salary was £50k-£150k. So she had to wait until the end of the year to get the money but it would have saved her about £100k in tax. Loads of companies do this - it’s a commonly used loophole.
Lots of influencers purchase their house under their businesses too, not sure what that actually does though

Reactions: 3
Lots of influencers purchase their house under their businesses too, not sure what that actually does though
Think she can claim the interest on the mortgage as a business expense, and also can easily pass the property to another shareholder without paying inheritance or capital gains tax?

Reactions: 3
🤣🤣 We all have a bit of beige and boring. Do you still want it or can you not cancel it? I mean is bloody expensive and very simple stationary after all and is almost February.

About customs the rules are not really clear, today I got a fancy perfume from France delivered by Fedex and I was worried it would get stuck in customs or returned and no it passed like nothing.

This collab was so badly organised by someone who preaches all the time to be organised and a brand that should know very well how this works. Unbelievable.
You know what is the common trait among influencers, they don’t take ownership of the whole process. Do you remember how Lydia launched that £50 mitt and she MIA when there were some issues (I cannot remember what exactly though). Same as Anna, although she is probably not responsible for the distributing and shipping aspects of the business, it has her name on it, take ownership and explain what is going on. I am disappointed to hear this though when everyone says she has strong work ethics 😕😕 I really thought this is not one of those tit collabs

Reactions: 10
I would like to see how she looks with the pants without posing though
Yep I thought this too, that pose that all influencers do with the front leg out front pointing the toe, hips/waist at an angle to make it look smaller etc. If you saw her in real life with a normal posture, it wouldn't look half as good. I'm not saying she doesn't look great and the trousers arn't nice (she does and they are) ... it's just influencers have refined the art of making something look better than it is to sell it.

So when influencers “find a high street dupe” of their designer clothing, I doubt they have ordered it themselves to check if they actually replicate the look in real life. That’s why I never trust a quickly found dupe.
This is 100% true. Often cheaper alternatives are cut worse, material is lower quality etc, colour slightly off etc, plus they haven't even seen or tried on the dupe in real life! It's just a way to convince more people to buy something on your recommendation (and get AL money), I don't like this practise, unless the influencer has seen and tried on the dupe themselves I think it's morally wrong.

Reactions: 11
Yep I thought this too, that pose that all influencers do with the front leg out front pointing the toe, hips/waist at an angle to make it look smaller etc. If you saw her in real life with a normal posture, it wouldn't look half as good. I'm not saying she doesn't look great and the trousers arn't nice (she does and they are) ... it's just influencers have refined the art of making something look better than it is to sell it.

This is 100% true. Often cheaper alternatives are cut worse, material is lower quality etc, colour slightly off etc, plus they haven't even seen or tried on the dupe in real life! It's just a way to convince more people to buy something on your recommendation (and get AL money), I don't like this practise, unless the influencer has seen and tried on the dupe themselves I think it's morally wrong.
Like this, granted is windy but still..

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So it’s me banging on about the planner again. But honestly I’m so disappointed!
I’ve emailed appointed, no response. Emailed Anna, no response. DM’d Anna and appointed, no response.

I learnt from the comments!! That uk orders are being shipped from the US now and appointed are covering customs. I only ordered because 1. I thought it was undated, 2. It was shipping from the uk fairly quickly.

I always liked Anna, she’s beige and boring but so am I. I always felt like she treated it like a job and respected her followers but it’s radio silence on the delays for customers (who aren’t Caroline hirons who got hers very quickly...)

It was so bloody expensive too!

View attachment 395465
This is so bad from Anna and Appointed. I can't believe there has been no public comment about the change of plans re. shipping. A friend of mine ordered a kit and has emailed customer services to get an update and hasn't heard anything. SO poorly managed.

Reactions: 24
This is so bad from Anna and Appointed. I can't believe there has been no public comment about the change of plans re. shipping. A friend of mine ordered a kit and has emailed customer services to get an update and hasn't heard anything. SO poorly managed.
This is quite Anna’s modus operandi, never address anything negatives. Lily the first class marketing 👩‍🎓 can perhaps tell her a thing or two about the end to end customer experience 😆

Reactions: 8
This is quite Anna’s modus operandi, never address anything negatives. Lily the first class marketing 👩‍🎓 can perhaps tell her a thing or two about the end to end customer experience 😆
First class marketing advice such as - “I didn’t know guys. No one told me”?

Or sticking up a poo filter with a rudely worded “apology” where instead of admitting any fault she pushes the blame onto the buyer? “I didn’t force you to buy this. I’ve cashed my cheque, this is your problem now.”

I bet Lily is rejoicing at the situation behind Anna’s back like the amazing friend she is.....

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Put te blame on others just like Zoella did with her calendar and boots and then telling her fans she worked damn hard to do it and how ungrateful they are ☺

First class marketing advice such as - “I didn’t know guys. No one told me”?

Or sticking up a poo filter with a rudely worded “apology” where instead of admitting any fault she pushes the blame onto the buyer? “I didn’t force you to buy this. I’ve cashed my cheque, this is your problem now.”

I bet Lily is rejoicing at the situation behind Anna’s back like the amazing friend she is.....
LOL blame it on Birmingham because BCU is not London, so she wouldn't know. Can she not ask Mark to handle that side of the launch?

Reactions: 6
This must be a last minute collab, when the company actually released their regular planners compared to Anna's, covid and brexit weren't new so anyone who actually properly worked on creating such overpriced planner should have announced at the beginning of November to be available to purchase and deliver around November/December, the whole situation is embarrassing

Reactions: 15
I am sure Lily is really glad she didn't actually buy it.
HAHA why would Lily buy? The planner is too big for Lily, unless she puts removing boots, taking picture of herself making tea and operation baby Beige on her to-do-list.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
HAHA why would Lily buy? The planner is too big for Lily, unless she puts removing boots, taking picture of herself making tea and operation baby Beige on her to-do-list.
Those are the kind of things I write in my diary at work when I’m pretending to look busy.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Can you complain to trading standards? If they’ve said something and then done something else, there’s something you can do, surely.

Can you complain to trading standards? If they’ve said something and then done something else, there’s something you can do, surely.
I think most people who bought have the kind of loyalty and affinity that companies don't, I don't think her fans will complain to trading standards to be honest. :censored: It will tarnish her picture perfect image if she acknowledges it. She definitely should though, I think her fans will accept her apology, is stupid not to ;);)

Reactions: 10
The whole planner thing is so bad. You would think that with the use of what is ment to be an amazing planner they would all have meet their deadlines and got it out on sale last year.
not a good advertisement for the planner.

Reactions: 14
The whole planner thing is so bad. You would think that with the use of what is ment to be an amazing planner they would all have meet their deadlines and got it out on sale last year.
not a good advertisement for the planner.
They should have put it on their to-do list in one of their PLANNERS-organise and launch Anna Edit planner in an organised and planned way.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.