The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna's idea of a good hair day is my idea of bed-head hair that desperately needs straightened 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As far as I’m aware hotels in the U.K. aren’t doing discounts. Maybe for NHS staff but not for plebs. I know some countries are doing it, subsidised by the government, to boost domestic tourism, but not the U.K. (I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!)
I don't know about Brighton or the UK but where I am from, many hotels have started offering rooms that you can book for the working day (roughly 8 am to 5 pm) for less than half the price of an overnight stay. She could get a room, film the footage for about 4 videos in one sitting and then edit/publish them over the next few weeks. Of course, this would require planning and stepping out of her comfort zone of vlog/monthly favorites/makeup routine with matte brown all over the lid/capsule wardrobe/rinse and repeat.

For a person who has made a whole niche out of organizing her life, she is surprisingly clueless when facing a new situation. There's two of them, I am sure they could find a way to make this work if they really tried.
There’s definitely hotels in the UK that rent out for the day (Or at least, the hour) but I’m not sure they’d be the most instagrammable....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lol so this is a podcast ep Anna did with Lucy Moon. And her articulation here vs in the podcast w Pebbles-- SO different. Plus there's a conversation they have about influencers being "real" and it reminded me SO much of Pebbles' instagram presence. Lol.

Reactions: 3
Lol so this is a podcast ep Anna did with Lucy Moon. And her articulation here vs in the podcast w Pebbles-- SO different. Plus there's a conversation they have about influencers being "real" and it reminded me SO much of Pebbles' instagram presence. Lol.
What did she say? :)

That's because Jane Shepherson (the lady who overhauled it 8 or 10 years ago) sold her stake in Whistles and left as CEO. It's now owned by some big South African retail conglomerate and it has not been the same since. This company also owns Phase Eight and New Look I think, so says it all really. I used to work for Whistles in it's hey-day, hence my interest :)
I have to say I do agree Whistles is not as good as it used to be. But we hardly hear Anna about her Whistles “forever” pieces either.

I have to say I do agree Whistles is not as good as it used to be. But we hardly hear Anna about her Whistles “forever” pieces either.
The whistle camel coat is beaut, I love it because of my height I don’t think I can pull it off. She needs to down size her toteme coat

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Might have to listen to that. I only started following Lucy recently and having second thoughts haha so listening to the podcast might help decide

Reactions: 1
Is it just me or the latest skincare AD from Anna looks just like the ones made by Emma Hoareau?
Those videos with the direct sunlight and really zoomed in.

:cautious:
annas.png
emmas.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
What did she say? :)
Essentially they're talking about how it's good that they have to declare PR stuff. This is 2018 so probs at the start of the guidelines. But what I really liked and what I really thought was important was how she mentioned that she doesn't think that people who post pictures of them not at their best is being "real". Lucy seconded that and said the same, talking about how when she started to curate her image more people kept asking her why she wasn't being "real". Just reminded me of LP and her obsession w showing EVERYTHING. Anna also said that she's only going to share the parts of her life that she's okay with receiving criticism on. I liked the self awareness bc there are definitely influencers who'll share smth and then feel "attacked" when people don't share the same opinion as them.

Reactions: 13
I had to come here as I suddenly remembered that Anna used to (still does?) get up at 5am? I just had to come here to ask whether that's still a thing? I can understand doing that if you're some sort of huge yogi or meditation fan, or if you have a job that requires you to, but otherwise – why? She literally gets up at 5am to sit in her d-gown writing lists of 'content ideas': "Top five highlighters", "Four autumnal outfits"? It's not like she has a huge intellectual hunger for anything or needs the dawn hours to concentrate?

She's a nice girl but come on mate, have a lie-in, what's the point?

Also, I saw one of her Reels and I don't mean to be too mean but seriously. She needs to edit out the parts where she is sitting on the sofa arm struggling to put her shoe on! That's what Reels are for! To edit those bits out so it looks effortless and 'edited', her favourite word.

Reactions: 13
I had to come here as I suddenly remembered that Anna used to (still does?) get up at 5am? I just had to come here to ask whether that's still a thing? I can understand doing that if you're some sort of huge yogi or meditation fan, or if you have a job that requires you to, but otherwise – why? She literally gets up at 5am to sit in her d-gown writing lists of 'content ideas': "Top five highlighters", "Four autumnal outfits"? It's not like she has a huge intellectual hunger for anything or needs the dawn hours to concentrate?

She's a nice girl but come on mate, have a lie-in, what's the point?
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that part of the reason was that Mark had to get up early to commute to work, in which case it’s probably not a thing anymore!

Reactions: 5
Might have to listen to that. I only started following Lucy recently and having second thoughts haha so listening to the podcast might help decide
I cannot stand Lucy.

Also, I saw one of her Reels and I don't mean to be too mean but seriously. She needs to edit out the parts where she is sitting on the sofa arm struggling to put her shoe on! That's what Reels are for! To edit those bits out so it looks effortless and 'edited', her favourite word.
Yes, her reels make no sense at all. Just a bunch of clips in a row.

I swear she looks much better in Whistle coat https://www.theannaedit.com/my-autumn-style-predictions/ than the ill fitted Toteme
omg watch the video in that post - she mentions the toteme coat and says the whistles one is more structured, which i think she means in a way that it suits her better (it does). she also tries on a pair of weird cropped flare jeans like she wears now and doesn't think she pulls them off, and even calls them ridiculous on her! the jeans bit starts about 9:45 in the video

Reactions: 5
This is obscene. She been sent this by Net a Porter - £976 worth of skincare. Yes it is mad that one of these products is £391(JFC) but it has been sent to her for free!!! The world has gone mad.
But we should all look to Anna for budgeting tips...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
This is obscene. She been sent this by Net a Porter - £976 worth of skincare. Yes it is mad that one of these products is £391(JFC) but it has been sent to her for free!!! The world has gone mad.
Also Anna rarely show off her Ad gifted gift but I think she feel obliged to show off so the company knows Anna appreciates their effort

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.