The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking that the other day, you never hear her about Whistles anymore.
I thought it was interesting in the wedding episode of their podcast when she said she would still choose the same Whistles wedding dress now - I bet she wouldn’t!

Reactions: 8
I was just thinking that the other day, you never hear her about Whistles anymore.
That's because Jane Shepherson (the lady who overhauled it 8 or 10 years ago) sold her stake in Whistles and left as CEO. It's now owned by some big South African retail conglomerate and it has not been the same since. This company also owns Phase Eight and New Look I think, so says it all really. I used to work for Whistles in it's hey-day, hence my interest :)

• Wow
I've been avoiding watching her Insta stories recently as it's just constant ADs and aff links! She barely interacts with her audience since moving in with her parents. It's as if her flat was her persona!

Reactions: 14
Has she missed her upload schedule again today?

I mean... what else do she and Mark do all day? It can’t be that hard for two supposedly professional adults to film and edit two passable-quality YouTube videos per week.

I follow so many hobbyist YouTubers who upload three or four times a week AND have full-time jobs, also.

Reactions: 18
Has she missed her upload schedule again today?

I mean... what else do she and Mark do all day? It can’t be that hard for two supposedly professional adults to film and edit two passable-quality YouTube videos per week.

I follow so many hobbyist YouTubers who upload three or four times a week AND have full-time jobs, also.
I think when you're doing anything for fun you find the time. When it becomes a job it becomes a chore.

This is nowhere near on the same level but I bake bread and when I started everyone went on about how incredible it was and how I should sell it. So I did. And I started hating it, I procrastinated and made excuses. It wasn't until I stopped selling it and made it for love that I got my inspiration for new combinations etc back.

Reactions: 16
At some point their plan to move to the Airbnb of mom and dad to save on expenses must be backfiring against the reduced income ? Or else how long can these influencers skip on work before the paychecks stop coming ??

At some point their plan to move to the Airbnb of mom and dad to save on expenses must be backfiring against the reduced income ? Or else how long can these influencers skip on work before the paychecks stop coming ??
Depends what her next brand deal is!

Reactions: 1
slight diversion here. so I'm fairly young, and I think Anna probably appeals to an older audience. But because of her I've been so "influenced" to reconsider the hyper-consumerist culture that is sold to people my age (early 20s). Like, yes I agree Anna has her own issues with promoting obscenely priced items that are meant to be "forever" pieces that we only see for a year. But at the same time for someone like me who is constantly being sold 400 different makeup palettes and 2550 different clothing brands, Anna's so refreshing. It makes me feel like I don't have to try hard to exist at all. Since there is so much pressure on women to always be fashionable, always be put together, and for girls my age it translates to always looking ready to go clubbing. It's a terrifying objectification of the self that is marketed to us, and seeing Anna be "boring" has helped me so much with how I view my own self.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Depends what her next brand deal is!
We have to remember as well that influencers don't always get paid for the jobs straight away. They invoice the company they have worked with and can wait a number of days, few weeks, up to couple of months for the pay check. She might still have money trickling in from the ads she did in the summer. I wouldn't worry about her at all. I don't think she'd move in with parents if she'd known it would mean she'd suffer financially. She'd probably rent a cute flat if she needed a space for filming. I have a blogger friend back in my home country and whilst her new flat was being renovated, she'd rent an office space to film her content every couple of weeks and am pretty sure if that's something Anna could do as well.

Reactions: 2
I don't know about Brighton or the UK but where I am from, many hotels have started offering rooms that you can book for the working day (roughly 8 am to 5 pm) for less than half the price of an overnight stay. She could get a room, film the footage for about 4 videos in one sitting and then edit/publish them over the next few weeks. Of course, this would require planning and stepping out of her comfort zone of vlog/monthly favorites/makeup routine with matte brown all over the lid/capsule wardrobe/rinse and repeat.

For a person who has made a whole niche out of organizing her life, she is surprisingly clueless when facing a new situation. There's two of them, I am sure they could find a way to make this work if they really tried.

Reactions: 13
I don't know about Brighton or the UK but where I am from, many hotels have started offering rooms that you can book for the working day (roughly 8 am to 5 pm) for less than half the price of an overnight stay. She could get a room, film the footage for about 4 videos in one sitting and then edit/publish them over the next few weeks. Of course, this would require planning and stepping out of her comfort zone of vlog/monthly favorites/makeup routine with matte brown all over the lid/capsule wardrobe/rinse and repeat.

For a person who has made a whole niche out of organizing her life, she is surprisingly clueless when facing a new situation. There's two of them, I am sure they could find a way to make this work if they really tried.
As far as I’m aware hotels in the U.K. aren’t doing discounts. Maybe for NHS staff but not for plebs. I know some countries are doing it, subsidised by the government, to boost domestic tourism, but not the U.K. (I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!)

Reactions: 3
As far as I’m aware hotels in the U.K. aren’t doing discounts. Maybe for NHS staff but not for plebs. I know some countries are doing it, subsidised by the government, to boost domestic tourism, but not the U.K. (I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!)
Plebs ha ha 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Thing is, if she stayed dressing like this she would be fine, instead she’s latches on to who she see as cool, copies them, and rinses it till death!
She also forget the body shape of hers is different vs Lizzy, Lindsey and BB. She is building a capsule wardrobe for some imaginary BB/ Lindsey and Lizzy

Plebs ha ha 😂😂
I maintain that there is a strong correlation in the way the government and influencers view us regular mortals with jobs etc...little plebeians!! 😂 A similar disregard if you will.

I swear she looks much better in Whistle coat https://www.theannaedit.com/my-autumn-style-predictions/ than the ill fitted Toteme
Much more flattering. So are the cut of the trousers. When did Ann lose the modicum of fashion sense she had?

Reactions: 7
Idk why she stopped working with Whistles, their PR lady is the nicest person I’ve come across and they’re anything but cheap when it comes to influencer gifting

They do actually! Idk how they choose them or what criteria one needs but they do gifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.