The Anna Edit #12 Growing a human is tiring, for the sloppy crotch shot Mark needs firing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like to comment on another woman's motherhood journey but what gets me is the total lack of acknowledgement of the bigger picture of how insanely fortunate they are to both be off work and at home to care for the baby full time, with any baby gear and gadgets they want, some of which will have been given for free, with apparently no financial worries and able to shut themselves off from the world. Is there even anyone in their audience that can relate to that?!

For context I'm coming at it this through a lens of having a husband who works 12+ hour days, I'm on my second mat leave and will have a full-time job to go back to and when I do my husband will then be a stay at home dad because we can't afford 2 childcare fees. But I know how damn lucky I am to even have babies, have some time off to be with them and then also have my mum close by to help out.

Both Anna and Lily share their lives like it's the most ordinary thing - every post has that 'vibe' of *wink wink nudge nudge AmIRight? - and I'm like no, you are no longer #relatable, get out of your ivory tower for a minute and just share a bit of gratitude, not just for having adoring fans but for everything else. It's like they're afraid if they acknowledge their lifestyle the bubble will burst!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
It may not be relatable to all, but it’s the one thing I cannot judge Anna for. Privileged or not, she created this life for herself and I would totally live that life to its fullest myself too. So I do understand why Mark isn’t slaving away at some office in London, making long hours and having a long commute. You work to live, not the other way around.

I think in that sense, it’s a good example. In my circles (the Netherlands), more and more couples are choosing to both work parttime and each have at least one day off. Traditionally, it’s always the mothers who work parttime here.

Admittedly, these are people with slightly higher incomes, but I think it’s nice they choose to work less and be home with their families.

All that to say that I think this certainly an example of something that some can aim for to others. But the opportunities may vary per country (working parttime) is quite common in the Netherlands, just less for men than for women.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think anyone who influences full time is incapable of being relatable anymore (in most areas), and as creators they should stop trying and as viewers we should stop expecting it. I personally try to look at any influencers I follow as essentially heavily edited magazines who are creating content which should be taken as isolated pieces of advice/suggestions and nothing to do with the person creating it.
We shouldn't view Anna as someone who is really organised and knows the secrets on how to work 9-5 and still be really organised and put together. We should view her as someone who can spend their whole 9-5 being or at least appearing to be organised. The advice is still sound and has value, but we shouldn't take HER as an example of it working in real life. Same will go for any potential mom/baby advice. It's still valuable, but it is NOT relatable and she shouldn't offend us by trying to suggest it is. She should just give advice but appreciate it's her literal job to create this advice and make it appear like it's working (even if it isn't).
Viewing anyone who earns money to appear relatable is only going to make us worse off, comparing ourselves to people who have such a head start it's insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Wonder if she will admit to a bad sleeper/ colicky baby.
No chance. Good vibes only!

If she does happen to mention anything it will be referred to as a 'colicky moment' and she was not here for it, but is so thankful for Mark because he was amazing, and has she mentioned that he is the best dad ever, and is there anything this man can't do?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’ve only ever watched these women for light entertainment, maybe see some products or “fashion” items. They can keep their financial, planning or organising tips to themselves. I tuned out of those back when Anna was making lists adding bullet point, just so she can cross them off. I’m not a list person anyway, I don’t even make a shopping list for the supermarket.

But yeah, it was always very clear to me that they would have no clue how to be organised in my job or life. I don’t lead a super hectic life, but I do think that I have to get more things to juggle than the average influencer. Particularly in my job, which can be very unpredictable at times.

I would never take parenting advice from an influencer, they are just living their lives as parents like any other person, but they’re no experts. I would not even take product recommendations seriously.

Reactions: 20
So I do understand why Mark isn’t slaving away at some office in London, making long hours and having a long commute. You work to live, not the other way around.
Most high paying office jobs in London, like the one Mark used to have, are permanently work from home with optional coming into the office 2-4 times a month now (thanks, panini!). So he'd be able to have a pretty good work/life balance, but also bring in £40-60k a year of his own money.

Reactions: 16
Most high paying office jobs in London, like the one Mark used to have, are permanently work from home with optional coming into the office 2-4 times a month now (thanks, panini!). So he'd be able to have a pretty good work/life balance, but also bring in £40-60k a year of his own money.
I don’t think that was the case when he quit his job? But yes, things have changed now.

Reactions: 4
The reason most influencer’s boyfriends work for the influencer’s company, is so they can freely travel without worrying about HR/ holidays. Who wants to be in a grey London office, when you can be teetering on a cliff edge in santorini getting the perfect shot of your missus looking at the sea so she can post it “days like these”

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The reason most influencer’s boyfriends work for the influencer’s company, is so they can freely travel without worrying about HR/ holidays. Who wants to be in a grey London office, when you can be teetering on a cliff edge in santorini getting the perfect shot of your missus looking at the sea so she can post it “days like these”
But also, I sometimes get the impression the influencer women want their boyfriends/husbands around all the time.

I travel a lot for work (pre-pandemic) and I like going by myself and not having to worry about my partner while going to meetings and events.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But also, I sometimes get the impression the influencer women want their boyfriends/husbands around all the time.

I travel a lot for work (pre-pandemic) and I like going by myself and not having to worry about my partner while going to meetings and events.
I agree and sometimes I wonder why that is, maybe because they see them as content and cheap photographers? I couldn't imagine having my boyfriend around 24/7, as much as I like him, it wouldn't end well. Sure, Anna has a big house but if the only human I'd see day in day out was my partner, I'd explode???

Reactions: 19
I agree and sometimes I wonder why that is, maybe because they see them as content and cheap photographers? I couldn't imagine having my boyfriend around 24/7, as much as I like him, it wouldn't end well. Sure, Anna has a big house but if the only human I'd see day in day out was my partner, I'd explode???
I’d just get annoyed that we both had the exact same day every day. Minus a spinning class.

Reactions: 16
Yup, what would you even talk about? Mark and Anna have morphed into that one obnoxious couple with 0.5 personalities, same hobbies, same everything.

Reactions: 21
They remind me of certain family members of mine. Codependent, complacent and boring. They live in the very tiny universe of Nanna and Grandmark, worshipping Prince Messiah Mark Jr. Newton and their oatmeal socks in sandals wardrobe.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
They remind me of certain family members of mine. Codependent, complacent and boring. They live in the very tiny universe of Nanna and Grandmark, worshipping Prince Messiah Mark Jr. Newton and their oatmeal socks in sandals wardrobe.
Nanna and Grandmark gets my vote for next thread title!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
What do we think? Big return tomorrow or next Sunday at 6pm with a “We’re back!” video?

Reactions: 5
she will put out at least one video before Black Friday to lure the audience back in to use her affiliate links

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.