Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fluffnstuff

I do love this series, it is a little too addictive to the point I faked illness over a weekend to binge watch it at home instead of going out with my hubby:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8

LunaArthur

Finally got around to watching season 5, and just watched the last episode this evening! Really really good, especially that last episode! Agree with all who have said that song is stuck in their head, I immediately added it to my Spotify playlist! 👌🏻 I might have cried a little bit too. Very pleased with the ending!

Reactions: 6

Vera Stanhope

Chatty Member
I loved The Affair and spent lots of afternoons when I was ill last Winter curled up on the sofa watching a couple of episodes a day.
The way the episodes play out showing both sides of the story from two different perspectives is brilliant.
I'm so sad it ended - the final episode had me in tears. 😢

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Just finished the final episode of the final season..... I cried!!!!! Really liked the way it was all tied up in the end, thought they did a good job of it. 👍

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I only discovered The Affair last year and binge-watched it. I absolutely loved it. Series 5, the last episode was sad and I cried, especially the bit where Noah was on top of the cliff at Montauk and the song The Whole of the Moon was sung by Fiona Apple.

I have discovered the house which was the Butler’s house in the series. Google earth is a great tool for finding locations! 😉🏡

Reactions: 5

Gingercream

VIP Member
I might have to go back and watch the whole thing again now. Just to fully appreciate Joshua Jackson - I think he gets better with age!

Gingercream

VIP Member
I loved it too and the ending was perfect! I couldn’t see how it would tie together but it did in the end.

Rlulu67

I have the song on my playlist - obsessed! Such a good series, missing it already!

Reactions: 3

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
i think it was 2055-7. i worked out Cole would have been 75ish so Joanie late 30s early 40s - i think, i am rubbish at maths. I loved that Eddie was who he was, and that Helen and Noah were together. But when Noah told Joanie her mum loved her etc broke me. I really enjoyed it and think i will rewatch the entire thing over Christmas. Noah doing the wedding dance at the end - sent me off again, was crying mess. The only thing that i was not buying was when helen and noah were together after the wedding and they were doing it in the hotel with THE CURTAINS OPEN ON THE GROUND FLOOR. Helen would never have left the curtains open! haha

• Haha

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Am I the only formal Dawson’s Creek viewer who still thinks Joshua Jackson is 🔥
NO! He was the main reason I stuck with it.

Has anyone seen Brassic on Sky? Dominic West plays a drug fueled pervy GP - he's pretty good at it but it freaked me out when I was watching it. Grim up north comedy and in comes Noah Solloway.

I truly loved the last few episodes and the final one was just 👌for me anyway XX it was a bit odd through the seasons but won’t forget it in a hurry x
I LOVED the last episode:censored:

I also find it impossible to watch an episode without singing the theme song in a weird voice

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Anyone watch this show??

I’ve watched it since the beginning and really enjoyed the first season. 2nd & 3rd seasons were both a bit naff but I’ve just started watching the 4th and final season and it’s..... bizzare.

no spoilers please, I’m only on episode 1 but it’s gone a bit nuts!!!!

carolinefg

Just watched the final episode and cried pretty much all the way through - I thought Season 5 was sensational and the perfect ending. Glad I stuck with it after the dodgy season 4!

LunaArthur

Season 1&2 were brilliant, 3&4 ok. Haven’t started the final season yet as my husband keeps falling asleep, but hoping to get started soon 😂
And yes, Joshua Jackson is delicious! 😋🔥 I rewatched all of Dawson’s Creek last year and relived my youth as Team Pacey! 😍

• Heart

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I only discovered The Affair last year and binge-watched it. I absolutely loved it. Series 5, the last episode was sad and I cried, especially the bit where Noah was on top of the cliff at Montauk and the song The Whole of the Moon was sung by Fiona Apple.

I have discovered the house which was the Butler’s house in the series. Google earth is a great tool for finding locations! 😉🏡
If you go onto the website: Kellersandgren.com you will see the house they used in the series for Helen’s parents house. Then go onto Google Earth/maps and you can see the house at Sands Point, right by the ocean.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
aw I still can’t see Dominic West without seeing him as McNulty from The Wire!!!

and yes, Joshua Jackson is 🔥🔥🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Lilbear1

Just watched the final episode and cried pretty much all the way through - I thought Season 5 was sensational and the perfect ending. Glad I stuck with it after the dodgy season 4!
I cried too and now have that song going around my brain on a loop 🤪

Reactions: 2