Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I have MH issues, I accepted that as my lot. I went to group therapy and seen the other people. Their diagnosis had become their personality, they had no life. I decided that wasn't going to be me. I got medicated, intense therapy, done all the healthy eating, exercise and sleep hygine stuff. I'm not 100% but I'm so much better. I'm not a slave to it anymore. I realised I had to stop waiting to get better and I had to work at it myself.

Reactions: 6

tskiry56

Have you ever had that light bulb moment in life?
Up to 3 years ago I never used to confront how I was feeling and just let everything in life just happen to me. I never had the courage or strength to admit to what was happening in my life.
In the end the one persons actions gave me that 'light bulb moment' I made a decision which I guess changed the path of my life although it caused a lot of pain and resulted in a lot of changes it in the end made me realise that blocking out pain wont make it go away, admitting the truth will.

That lightbulb moment made my life better.

Reactions: 2

tskiry56

I have MH issues, I accepted that as my lot. I went to group therapy and seen the other people. Their diagnosis had become their personality, they had no life. I decided that wasn't going to be me. I got medicated, intense therapy, done all the healthy eating, exercise and sleep hygine stuff. I'm not 100% but I'm so much better. I'm not a slave to it anymore. I realised I had to stop waiting to get better and I had to work at it myself.
It's amazing how realising things makes you get the help you need. Well done for getting the support you needed.
I used to be ashamed of the situation I ended up in.. but I know I had to finally tell someone.
But it was getting the help and support that I needed and it turned my life around