Terrie McEvoy #2 Eeek all the Jake spam, I’ll work a few shifts but just for the gram!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A good friend of mine has covid. Caught it on the wards in st vincents. She's in her 2nd year of nursing and there on placement and is devastated. She has been working evening and weekend shifts in a nursing home when she isn't on placement too. I am furious that this excuse of a nurse got it before someone who is being exposed at all angles.

Em she’s not suppose to be working anywhere else ! Does her ward on James’s know this ? 🤬

Reactions: 3
Yeah the roll out of the vaccine is a shambles and imo it's going to benefit everyone anyway if they just vaccinate as many people as possible seeing as the HSE are not actually capable of doing it efficiently in the right way which isn't Terrors fault. But at the same time I totally get why people are annoyed and Terror shouldn't have posted that online cos it's obviously going to annoy people. She's so self absorbed though she wouldn't understand why people would feel annoyed.

Reactions: 5
Em she’s not suppose to be working anywhere else ! Does her ward on James’s know this ? 🤬
Thank you!! I thought it was just me! Does the nursing home know? Like surely it’s a massive risk to the residents having someone going from a hospital ward to a nursing home and that can’t be allowed

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately that’s the reality of not paying student nurses.. they need to continue working in their other jobs to survive.. some hospitals requested that students give up other jobs to prevent spread of infection between services but I’m not sure if all did this / or if they could actually force students to give up jobs. The government needs to pay all healthcare students if they are required to give up their other job to do placement (as this was not a condition of their course when they began).
oh 100% agree they should be being paid it’s ridiculous they’re not.

Reactions: 3
As I said , when she isn't on placement ina. Hospital she has a job in a care home. when she is on placement she has to go on PUP and isn't allowed work. This is allowed

Thank you!! I thought it was just me! Does the nursing home know? Like surely it’s a massive risk to the residents having someone going from a hospital ward to a nursing home and that can’t be allowed
Clarified in another response. She has a job in a home when it's during online classes etc. When she has to go to placement she essentially has to quit her job in the home and work for the hospital.

Clarified in another response. She has a job in a home when it's during online classes etc. When she has to go to placement she essentially has to quit her job in the home and work for the hospital.
Oh right that’s a different story it read like she was going from the wards to the nursing homes and back again each week which seemed like a huge risk to be taking. Totally different if they’re weeks apart

Reactions: 1
Oh right that’s a different story it read like she was going from the wards to the nursing homes and back again each week which seemed like a huge risk to be taking. Totally different if they’re weeks apart
I did say that in my original post that she works in the home when not on placement. She has to go do 2 weeks isolating and pcr test before going into the hospital after working in the home too so I assure you she's being unbelievably safe. Even when cases dropped last summer she didn't do or go anywhere, she's shielded herself for close on a year now. While Terrie had the time of her life out on the town and still got her vaccine 😠

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.