Temporary tooth replacement

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all

I’ve just had to have a tooth extracted due to an abscess (long story involving a filling that degraded the integrity of the tooth) and I’ve been told I need to wait 6 months until I can get a bridge to replace it as the bone needs to heal.

however in the mean time I now have a gap which is quite conspicuous and want something to fill it in in the mean time so I don’t feel self conscious. Has anyone tried these temporary teeth before or anything similar?

Is it a front tooth? If it is, it’s rather mean of your dentist not to offer a partial denture to fill the gap

It’s a bit further back, just behind the canines so you can see it if I’m laughing or smiling widely but probably not if I’m speaking. It mightn't be that noticeable at all but it’s more that I know it’s there, or not there I suppose!

Can I ask- why a denture over an implant? Asking cos I’ve got a similar situation so looking to discuss different options!

It’s a bit further back, just behind the canines so you can see it if I’m laughing or smiling widely but probably not if I’m speaking. It mightn't be that noticeable at all but it’s more that I know it’s there, or not there I suppose!
Ah ok, so not quite at the front! Sorry I’m not sure of anything you could do yourself. You could call your dentist and see if they can make you a partial denture for the time being. This would cost about £200 ish on NHS.

Can I ask- why a denture over an implant? Asking cos I’ve got a similar situation so looking to discuss different options!
an implant is gold standard and by the best option if you can afford to do so