Teen Mom OG (USA)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe Cole and Tyler (Cate’s husband) aren’t gay! 🤔
I really feel like Tyler isn’t straight, purely because he’s so unhappy with cate, I don’t think he’s ever cheated but there’s something off with him

Reactions: 7
I really feel like Tyler isn’t straight, purely because he’s so unhappy with cate, I don’t think he’s ever cheated but there’s something off with him
I think he’s straight but I don’t think he’s in love with cate. theyve just been together so long and they’re a staple couple on the show. I think if teen mom hadn’t have carried on they’d have split. I feel quite sad for Tyler cause he really is the only well adjusted one of the whole lot. He’s got so much potential. I think he really could have gone to university and/or had an amazing career. He’s been held back by teen mom tbh

Reactions: 13
I’m sick of every series seeing poor Tyler send off another member of his family to rehab AGAIN AND AGAIN. He needs to break free and live for himself

Reactions: 12
I think he’s straight but I don’t think he’s in love with cate. theyve just been together so long and they’re a staple couple on the show. I think if teen mom hadn’t have carried on they’d have split. I feel quite sad for Tyler cause he really is the only well adjusted one of the whole lot. He’s got so much potential. I think he really could have gone to university and/or had an amazing career. He’s been held back by teen mom tbh
I think he’s feeling so bad for cate so doesn’t want to leave her but I’m wondering what’s keeping him there?

Reactions: 1
I think he’s feeling so bad for cate so doesn’t want to leave her but I’m wondering what’s keeping him there?
I think they’re just trying so hard not to recreate their own childhoods they’re just staying together for the kids when they both know they’re not happy and haven’t been in years.

Reactions: 5
See I would agree but him and Cate has plenty of time to go to uni - the show even went off air for a while when Amber went to prison.

They’ve been given more money than we can imagine off the back of Teen Mom, so while he’s got a trauma bond to Cate he definitely could have done more. He’s just not that way inclined I don’t think.

Reactions: 2
See I would agree but him and Cate has plenty of time to go to uni - the show even went off air for a while when Amber went to prison.

They’ve been given more money than we can imagine off the back of Teen Mom, so while he’s got a trauma bond to Cate he definitely could have done more. He’s just not that way inclined I don’t think.
the thing that annoys me the most about Cate and Tyler is that the whole point of them placing Carly was so that they would go on and study and make lives for themselves. They didn’t do that

I think cause they were well liked in Teen mom and also if he left cate he’d have no need to still be on the show which means no cash. If you think the other moms ex’s are only on the show because of their shared child.

Reactions: 6
A good drinking game would be to take a shot every time Cate says “Trama” (trauma) or “postpartum” when actually referring to postnatal depression

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Agree, I feel he could do so much and be great! His family and (Some) friends are dragging him down. But his heart keeps him trying help others.

Anyone else also notice how there’s always beer either Maci’s hand or in shot during her scenes? Look closely, there ALWAYS is. She’s defended herself before saying something like “if I want to have a beer with my husband on a Sunday night I will” but surly they don’t just film on Sundays 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I used to think Ty & Cate would be better off separated but thought they genuinely seemed happier in the most recent season, he called off the ‘trial’ separation and they renewed their vows 🤞

Anyone else also notice how there’s always beer either Maci’s hand or in shot during her scenes? Look closely, there ALWAYS is. She’s defended herself before saying something like “if I want to have a beer with my husband on a Sunday night I will” but surly they don’t just film on Sundays 😂
Yes I noticed this. Sunday’s my arse! 😂

Reactions: 1
I’m sick of every series seeing poor Tyler send off another member of his family to rehab AGAIN AND AGAIN. He needs to break free and live for himself
Not only sending them off but paying for it. I haven't watched regularly in years but one episode I watched Butch needed like $10,000 (maybe more) for immediate admission to a rehab center so he called Tyler. I just remember the look of shock on his face when Butch told him the price but he paid for it.

I do feel bad for Brandon and Theresa. They had no idea what they were getting into but no one did back then. No one knew that 16&P and Teen Mom would take off like it did. I just remember the older episodes when Cate and Tyler wouldn't constantly talk about how their rights to see Carly were being violated and that they couldn't post pictures, advocating for birth parent rights. I thought the adoption counselor Dawn had some conflicts of interest after the adoption. I honestly thought B&T were going to close Carly's adoption at one point because of all the drama.

I do feel bad for Brandon and Theresa. They had no idea what they were getting into but no one did back then. No one knew that 16&P and Teen Mom would take off like it did. I just remember the older episodes when Cate and Tyler wouldn't constantly talk about how their rights to see Carly were being violated and that they couldn't post pictures, advocating for birth parent rights. I thought the adoption counselor Dawn had some conflicts of interest after the adoption. I honestly thought B&T were going to close Carly's adoption at one point because of all the drama.
I genuinely liked Cate and Tyler but they gave up their rights to Carly when they chose adoption. Open adoption does not give them the right to post pictures etc and demand access, they have to accept that she is no longer their daughter

Not only sending them off but paying for it. I haven't watched regularly in years but one episode I watched Butch needed like $10,000 (maybe more) for immediate admission to a rehab center so he called Tyler. I just remember the look of shock on his face when Butch told him the price but he paid for it.

I wouldn’t blame Brandon and Teresa at all if they were to close the adoption. I don’t think Tyler respects them at all!
it was very telling how when asked by Dawn if they had been keeping up with sending Carly cards and birthday/Xmas gifts they said they “had been slacking.” And also they admitted they don’t contact Brandon and Teresa to ask about Carly, they only contact when they want a visit! I agree about Dawn having a conflict of interest, too close Cate and Ty.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn’t blame Brandon and Teresa at all if they were to close the adoption. I don’t think Tyler respects them at all!
it was very telling how when asked by Dawn if they had been keeping up with sending Carly cards and birthday/Xmas gifts they said they “had been slacking.” And also they admitted they don’t contact Brandon and Teresa to ask about Carly, they only contact when they want a visit! I agree about Dawn having a conflict of interest, too close Cate and Ty.
this ^^ I remember Dawn asking them if they ever ask B&T about her and how she's doing.what she likes etc and they said no, and I was like ??????? Why would you not be asking how she is? That's a basic question? How do you not ask that ? do you just nag them for a visit?

Reactions: 3
this ^^ I remember Dawn asking them if they ever ask B&T about her and how she's doing.what she likes etc and they said no, and I was like ??????? Why would you not be asking how she is? That's a basic question? How do you not ask that ? do you just nag them for a visit?
Exactly!!! Why would they allow visits when they seemingly only care about carly when the cameras show up 🙄

Exactly!!! Why would they allow visits when they seemingly only care about carly when the cameras show up 🙄
The issue is Carly essentially is their storyline on the show aside from all the other mental health stuff that they and their family members have gone through at some point. I really respect B&T. I don't think they don't allow them because they want to be difficult. I think it is Cate and Ty's behaviour that puts them off and makes them not trust them. Also it must be quite sad for brandon and theresa to meet up with Carly's younger siblings. For me personally (even though Carly is B&T's daughter) seeing my adopted child with her bio siblings would make me feel like I'd ripped her from her family (they haven't obviously!) but I feel like that is something I would struggle with if I was them.

The issue is Carly essentially is their storyline on the show aside from all the other mental health stuff that they and their family members have gone through at some point. I really respect B&T. I don't think they don't allow them because they want to be difficult. I think it is Cate and Ty's behaviour that puts them off and makes them not trust them. Also it must be quite sad for brandon and theresa to meet up with Carly's younger siblings. For me personally (even though Carly is B&T's daughter) seeing my adopted child with her bio siblings would make me feel like I'd ripped her from her family (they haven't obviously!) but I feel like that is something I would struggle with if I was them.
Totally agree. It must be so hard for Brandon and Teresa and cate and ty just don’t seem to grasp that. I used to really root for Cate and empathise with her as I too had an alcoholic parent. But the show has really highlighted her serious lack of get up and go or drive to do anything really. Also as a mother I just couldn’t get behind her decision to return to rehab for another 6 weeks when she just returned rather than try outpatient treatment. She just seems very selfish and quite cold towards her kids tbh.

Totally agree. It must be so hard for Brandon and Teresa and cate and ty just don’t seem to grasp that. I used to really root for Cate and empathise with her as I too had an alcoholic parent. But the show has really highlighted her serious lack of get up and go or drive to do anything really. Also as a mother I just couldn’t get behind her decision to return to rehab for another 6 weeks when she just returned rather than try outpatient treatment. She just seems very selfish and quite cold towards her kids tbh.

I feel the exact same way as you, I had really absent and emotionally neglectful parent so I related to her in a lot of ways, and I always felt like their decision to place Carly was almost them vowing to break the cycle and separating themselves from their own upbringings. The reason it's so hard for me to support her now is her leaving Nova constantly to go back to therapy has exposed Nova to the exact same thing that Cate went through. When Cate dropped her off at school and Nova was bawling in the car I was like yeah you've done to your child the same thing your mom did to you! I definitely commend her for getting help (although I do feel like that was the whole point of placing Carly. She had like 6 years between her first and second child to seek help which also annoys me) however if you're fine during rehab but then come home and feel you need to go back then it's obviously not helping? The whole point of therapy is to help you cope with your life and deal with the trauma so you can function. It's learning to live with it not fixing it. It never felt like outpatient was an option.

Side note: my heart goes out to you in regards to your own parent ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.