Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HappyMum44

Chatty Member
Delighted to see Cathy won against them with the GDPR body in UK. Basically them recording their meeting and sharing it totally breached all GDPR rules so they found in favour of Cathy's complaint. It too her almost 2 years but fair play to her for sticking with it !! 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Exmemberhere

Oh my god. I stumbled across this page by accident after becoming a bit disenfranchised from team rh (to say the least) in the past few weeks and I'm so glad I did.

I'm only just starting to get my life back after a few weeks of not following the 'plan' and I was only following it from January to July 2021! Yeah the teaching of calorie deficit is spot on but the way it is put across is so damaging. I've left with more issues with food than I've ever had.

I'm a 21 year old woman who now weighs less than i did when I was 15. I started having panic attacks when eating food and and I would have pure dread over birthdays and meals out. I've had 3 takeaways since January because OBVIOUSLY you're a fat waste of space if you dare have a takeaway and a pint with friends after a year of being in and out of lockdown (sarcasm).

I was practically forced to stop following team rh as my mam just said enough is enough, my mental health was wrecked and I was teetering on the edge of an eating disorder. Felt faint all the time. My skin was atrocious. Bones sticking out yet I still didnt feel slim enough. And those fat calliper readings can fuck right off!!!

The final icing on the cake was getting some rude/snotty comments from some of the hardcore members in the POD (where I used to post quite often but stopped as it's so cliquey like a school playground) and also when my comment was removed. I'd commented about how I was struggling mentally and how it's important to put mental health first rather than steps as I'd injured my knee, shoulder and ankle by forcing myself to do 15k steps each day and not giving myself a break. Sorry that this is so long I just needed to get this off my chest without being attacked by his minions. This bastard sucked me in and I was honestly brainwashed for a while. Glad I got out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Sazzla89

I joined up with Peter due to this group. Thanks to his amazing support I’ve lost over 6 stone with him. He’ll be missed 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Geordieblogger

Nat(from the real sharpes) left in january after being told to move to the north east or he'd have to hire someone else for her job despite a lot of the workforce working remotely, moving here tore her family apart with her son not wanting to move and going to live with his dad. She got no help with moving, no relocation fees nobody offering to help her, and was bullied from pretty much her first day in the office. I'm guessing he didn't really want her to move and so resented her for that fact. He advertised her job when she was off work looking after an ill family member without even telling her, and then blamed others for it despite there being evidence it came from him. nessa (weight to go)left very shortly after because of the way Natalie had been treat, Lucy (coach lucy) left last month after some pretty horrific bullying leading up to her wedding and following it. Liam (the real sharpes) left last week after which Richie had a huge tantrum and deleted his social media, and removed himself from work groups, I think he's back on FB now but with no profile pic. He dangles the Carrott to these people (who are usually in need of money or a history of MH issues) promising them fortune and glory , this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney etc etc. Uses it as an excuse to treat them like rubbish paying bad wages and if someone is not willing to be available 24/7 then they don't "give enough f*cks" lots of people have left behind the scenes too,
He's known for whatsapping his staff at 3am and expecting immediate responses. The garbage he puts on FB about his superpower being to see himself as the problem First is rubbish he is the first to put blame on others.
Tells managers to cut hours of staff then denies all knowledge of it.
Shouts and screams at staff in front of other people to the point of the staff being in tears, everyone scared of him.
Nearly everyone who has worked with or for him has some form of PTSD or eating disorder they all want to come out and say stuff but he made them all sign NDA and let's be honest he'd find someway of spinning it into publicity for himself. He's a horrible human being and it will all come crashing down. He's got no mates, he's got a little hareem of people who are scared to stand up to him. I can't wait to see the back of him and team rh.
I really wish something could be done so all his little followers could see the real him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Marchs24

Just catched up on this thread it's been a while I thought I'd update you and the newbies who are here. 9 months ago I was in such a bad mental health stage that had nothing to do with a pandemic. I was weighing every scrap of item that was going in my tummy. I would wake at 5 to weight and put everything away for my breakfast and lunch as I work full time I study and I have 4 kids so time is key. I weighed myself naked every morning at the same time. I broke down many times calling myself fat or mirroring what is said about fat people in the group. I didn't realise how mean I was to myself. I would stomp in one place for hours after work because I needed those 2000 steps for the target. I took daily pictures and updated on the app. I hated myself when I was on my periods and wanting to eat chocolate.
It has taken 9 months for me to step out of that toxicity I mean I could have had a 5th child 🤣.
Now I dont weigh myself daily nor do I take pictures to see a difference. I wear clothes that fit me even if it is a size bigger. I don't use food scales at all unless it's for a recipe. I find I am automatically doing exercises without even trying such as playing with the kids or walks. Iv kept my Fitbit on but I take it off for breaks too. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full and if I want that snack IL have it. I just cannot believe how much the whole process affected me and my personal life. So to any newbies if you are finding any bit of doubt then just stop let them have their 6.99 a month until contract ends. There is no price on mental health. Sorry it's so long I am just so proud of myself of loving myself rolls and all lol

• Heart
Reactions: 23

heyimaninfluenzer

Hi all, just found this thread and have been plowing my way through them all. Team RH is a tinpot company who shouldn’t be nowhere near the fitness industry. Richie is a glorified bodybuilder hence the near ED methods he advises. Calorie deficit is a tool that works but like most tools it doesn’t work well for everyone. The best diet is the diet you already have with just a few tweaks to make it better (1 or no sugars in tea instead of 2, Coke Zero instead of full fat etc etc). Also the 15,000 step target is ridiculous unless you are unemployed with no family. Just go for a walk when you can and workout 3 times a week (again no stress if you can’t) If you do want to count calories simply work out your TDEE for free online and deduct 500 cals to get your target number of cals. Remember you have to consistently go over your TDEE (a lot too trust me) to put on weight. As for protein, gym goers will hit high targets as they are trying to keep hold of muscle when burning fat but to be honest just ensure you eat a a balanced plate which contains a serving of protein at each meal and you will be golden. We are generally not protein deficient in the UK so not sure why Team RH are getting everyone chugging down protein powder. Above all don’t overthink it, I know it’s frustrating but some of them FB groups will do you no favours trust me. If anyone ever wants any help or support my inbox is always open. Just don’t want a single extra person handing over their hard earned money to them. He’s a prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bikerbabe

Well here you go. I joined rh on 3.7.19. It was a nicer place when I joined but went down hill quickly. I have been suspended a few times from the fb page for helping people. I was warned they pay the coaches commission and if they don’t answer questions then they don’t get paid. Crap business model in my view. However until a few weeks ago I hadn’t posted for a while. Just lurked out of curious. Then started making a few posts to answer questions. Very quickly got the message stop posting …. Which I did. Then on Tuesday 22nd I couldn’t find the page at all. So messaged to ask if it was down and got told I had been blocked with no explanation. I have tried all week to get an answer and they point blank refuse. Asked what would happen if I renewed and was told you can have use of the app but not fb. I flagged up that all the crappy videos on the app can only be accessed via fb. I personally think a certain mr howie is behind this. I also think they don’t have a reason why I have been blocked and it’s plainly because they don’t want me in the group but are too cowardly to say so. These are the conversations. Form your own opinion

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 20

doddie004

Sorry to sound mean but that Baking El has the charisma and personality of a crayon. There is more to life than getting up at 5am and stepping on the spot!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Elle-elle

I joined TeamRH years ago, when it was just the two of them in their wee flat. I learned loads about nutrition and macros and TDEE etc. Didn’t know all that before, and I was really pleased to learn it.

I was a member for YEARS, but never commented cos I was too scared. I never lost weight cos the exercise element was beyond me in my life at that time.

I felt like a huge failure, and I really needed support and encouragement, but I knew if I asked for it in the calorie club and he saw it, that I’d get some horrible response back about being lazy.

I had a sick child that never slept for 6 years. I worked, I walked miles, I ate well, but could not lose. I paid my money every month until last year.

At that point I realised there were supportive free groups based around the same science. They understood challenges at home and offered support and practical suggestions. No judgement or bullying.

Every few week RH likes to find some poor person to publicly offer support to, and the acolytes gush. It’s a promo, it’s cheap, it’s exploitative, and it makes me sick.

In the beginning I think there was so much potential, but he got lost. He made being a bully his usp.
Oh my I'm so sorry to hear that was your experience 😢.

Like you I got got an initial benefit with cals, tde, macros etc. I was a member for a year and got a lot out of it, I wasn't a big poster, i never really warmed to Richie but I liked Rachael, she's kind, warm and seems to genuinely want the best for people, I don't think I ever posted on the pod, but I got into lifting and I did a lot of Rach's workouts, which were great for a beginner. They made a big deal about the suspension trainer and booty bands so I invested in those thinking they would put out a lot of workout content related to them (it didn't materialise), my year was up so I paid for another thinking they've got the app, Richie's promising loads of content and flexibility and although he's marmite I like Rach so I'll stick around, but then Rach just took a huge step back and the vibe just changed and any decent workout content had gone, suddenly it became the Richie Howie and his minions show, he veils his misogyny as humour and his minions are there lapping it up, egging him on. He then purposefully puts out content to divide people so he can take a step back, watch like MJ eating a bucket of popcorn and then have a massive go at people for it getting heated, and again the minions are there supporting him. He's an antagonistic little shit who just thinks he's above everyone else. Like you say it's changed and I've now no idea what I'm paying for, I certainly don't want to listen to a 2 hr live of Richie's diatribe, I don't want to watch chrissie dance or get up with El at 6am. I mean seriously what's going on there? I also don't want a fucking team RH fridge magnet either or the most vile tasting protein powder which gives people the shits 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

towlawrian

Here's a link to my honest review of them.
After the review I then received an email from trust pilot basically saying team RH were trying to remove the review and I had to provide proof that I was an actual customer. To which I did and trust pilot have now labled it verified.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member
I joined TeamRH years ago, when it was just the two of them in their wee flat. I learned loads about nutrition and macros and TDEE etc. Didn’t know all that before, and I was really pleased to learn it.

I was a member for YEARS, but never commented cos I was too scared. I never lost weight cos the exercise element was beyond me in my life at that time.

I felt like a huge failure, and I really needed support and encouragement, but I knew if I asked for it in the calorie club and he saw it, that I’d get some horrible response back about being lazy.

I had a sick child that never slept for 6 years. I worked, I walked miles, I ate well, but could not lose. I paid my money every month until last year.

At that point I realised there were supportive free groups based around the same science. They understood challenges at home and offered support and practical suggestions. No judgement or bullying.

Every few week RH likes to find some poor person to publicly offer support to, and the acolytes gush. It’s a promo, it’s cheap, it’s exploitative, and it makes me sick.

In the beginning I think there was so much potential, but he got lost. He made being a bully his usp.

• Heart

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Try preece nutrition
If you don't like it you only lose a month price
I just signed up to Preece. Left a message in the Facebook inbox and ten mins later Peter had replied with six lovely encouraging voice notes. Seems really kind and supportive and the private FB group is lovely.

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I know a lot of people recommend Peter preece /preece nutrition, just to let you know he's died.

He was 10 times the man Ritchie is

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Emperortooco

VIP Member
Peter Preece was a top bloke well known in the area for the right reason‘s unlike Mr Howie. R.I.P gentle giant x

• Heart
Reactions: 16