Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I find once you wash them a good few times they lose all that fluff. Put them on a 90 degree wash before using them. Never thought I’d be in a tea towel thread at 5am on Tattle but here we are 😆
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Sorry to go off topic again 😅 but it's bugging me and this thread doesn't mind talking about random stuff as well as celeb stuff, so thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone recommend where to buy some decent tea towels? I use kitchen paper to dry the dishes, which is a pricier way to do so. I can never find good tea towels, they just end up leaving bits on the dishes and don't dry well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

RichardScratcher

Chatty Member
Sorry to go off topic again 😅 but it's bugging me and this thread doesn't mind talking about random stuff as well as celeb stuff, so thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone recommend where to buy some decent tea towels? I use kitchen paper to dry the dishes, which is a pricier way to do so. I can never find good tea towels, they just end up leaving bits on the dishes and don't dry well.
If it’s an emergency I can let you have a Charles and Diana wedding one.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 1

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Sorry to go off topic again 😅 but it's bugging me and this thread doesn't mind talking about random stuff as well as celeb stuff, so thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone recommend where to buy some decent tea towels? I use kitchen paper to dry the dishes, which is a pricier way to do so. I can never find good tea towels, they just end up leaving bits on the dishes and don't dry well.
Are you in a Ringtons area? They do smashing tea towels but only for a few weeks a year unfortunately.

Alternatively, some of the charity shops sell them (new stock). The last ones I got were (IIRC) from Cancer Research UK. They were two for three quid. I always buy cotton terry towelling ones now because I find they are the most absorbent. They wash well, too and last for ages.

Sorry I can't be more specific or helpful re: where to get them, but definitely go for Terry towelling rather than linen or smooth cotton - IME they are the best.
 

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I buy Lamont teatowels in Arnotts, Dublin. Good quality, wash perfectly and last forever. I imagine you would easily find them online if there's no stockist near you.
 

Carapop

VIP Member
Sorry to go off topic again 😅 but it's bugging me and this thread doesn't mind talking about random stuff as well as celeb stuff, so thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone recommend where to buy some decent tea towels? I use kitchen paper to dry the dishes, which is a pricier way to do so. I can never find good tea towels, they just end up leaving bits on the dishes and don't dry well.
Try asking here too, lots of household related chat

 

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Are you in a Ringtons area? They do smashing tea towels but only for a few weeks a year unfortunately.

Alternatively, some of the charity shops sell them (new stock). The last ones I got were (IIRC) from Cancer Research UK. They were two for three quid. I always buy cotton terry towelling ones now because I find they are the most absorbent. They wash well, too and last for ages.

Sorry I can't be more specific or helpful re: where to get them, but definitely go for Terry towelling rather than linen or smooth cotton - IME they are the best.
Thanks for this. Yeah i did read Terry towels are high quality. I'll look out for them then. I've happened to buy so many tea towels over the years and I've never been happy with any, so was just looking for recommendations on good ones. Appreciate it!