Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been a fan of Taylor since Love Story. I saw her concert last year and it was amazing.

The media used to love to call her a serial dater. There's been rumours for years that she is gay and that is why she has never kept a man. All of her boyfriends are apparently beards. She never came out because she started off in country music, a genre in which being gay is frowned upon by many fans.

I was sceptical at first but fell down the rabbit hole when Reputation came out. A lot of talk about secret relationships (Dress, Dancing with our hands tied, Don't Blame Me) and on tour, a lot of gay symbolism in her costumes.

Anyone else read about this? This is the Tumblr that I read https://kaylorevidence.com - I think her and karlie kloss dated when that video of them "kissing" came out but I no longer believe they're together like some do. I also think that Taylor's boyfriend Joe is a beard. They're only seen together when they both have something to promote movie wise and Taylor is trying to get into acting.

Another interesting Tumblr is Taytaysbeard

And there's also a forum called swiftchat on Tapatalk.

Obviously, you have to take it with a pinch of salt but a lot of it makes sense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t really care if she is or not, it shouldn’t really matter. Il talk about her when there’s something to take about but “is she gay” isn’t it. ?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm not sure if they dated but I'll def read. I love a good theory lol. I actually thought she was super conservative for ages so was surprised when she and her mum posted about voting for the more liberal candidate. I know a large percentage of her fanbase in the US is probably republic, especially with her previously being country, so it was nice that she finally spoke up about it.

Reactions: 3
I actually thought she was super conservative for ages so was surprised when she and her mum posted about voting for the more liberal candidate.
I loved her suddenly voicing a political opinion the moment the tour was over and she had already snatched the money from all the republican states.

She's so petty - knew the Spotify ban had to be lifted now streaming is so important and chose the release of Katy Perry's witness as the day to make her back catalogue streamable.

Not sure what's happening with Lena, Jack and Lorde. If she loses Jack new music could be a while away.

Reputation tour made money, but way short of estimations.

She could still be in hiding for a long time before there's any news or music. Glad her polaroid advert (that's actually a fuji something) isn't playing on youtube every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 11
I'll be disappointed if she doesn't drop a new single or album on Friday. Arianna is breaking all the records with her quick turnaround album and Tay Tay really needs to get something out soon.

So over long buildups to a campaign, just put it out there.

Reactions: 2
Long time lurker, and first post. I personally think that Taylor is just watched so much that she's careful. I don't care if she's gay, I often wondered if H Styles is gay, but you know, it's all about the career and good luck to them. I don't think they are obliged to tell us how it is. Ariana is a queen, and I respect her so much for coming back and doing gigs in Manchester again - she's facing everything that happened, and most young girls just wouldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I highly doubt she's gay, but if she was it wouldn't really make a difference, I'd just be confused about her using covers for so long.
Her lack of content though is really the only letdown.

I personally don't believe the Kaylor stuff, I think it's all grasping at straws a lot. I don't really see why she would hide it at this point in her career anyway.

I think Ariana is doing great at the moment but I don't think of them really on the same level because Taylor's always been known for her songwriting, whereas I think Ariana is the perfect pop star package at the moment.

I just hope TS7 strips it back, because I barely listen to reputation.

What does everyone think of her not doing interviews anymore? I'd love to see her do some again and shes'll probably have to when she promotes Cats at the end of the year. I just dont know if she has the Beyonce-esque power to ignore the media from now on.

Yel

I think Ariana is doing great at the moment but I don't think of them really on the same level because Taylor's always been known for her songwriting
Taylor was known for her songwriting, although not so much these days since "the fella, with the hella good hair"

Disappointed there wasn't a new song today. It's a long time since red and Taylor was at the top. I liked reputation and the Look video was amazing. But Jack said the next album was going in the direction of new years day. Which is good but get why she had to do reputation to then go in a different direction.

I don't care for her personal life, but she's going to have to do a few interviews this time around. She can't keep using the same quote about no discussion just reputation.

So many theory's around her, I do believe that the investment banker dad bought tens of thousands of copies of her first album to get her in the charts from no where. Think it was confirmed that he bought part of her label.

Don't get how she can take control, she already controls everything!

Reactions: 1
I highly doubt she's gay, but if she was it wouldn't really make a difference, I'd just be confused about her using covers for so long.
Her lack of content though is really the only letdown.
Wouldn't be unusual. Ellen and Ricki Martin both used beards (covers) for years.

Taylor was known for her songwriting, although not so much these days since "the fella, with the hella good hair"

Disappointed there wasn't a new song today. It's a long time since red and Taylor was at the top. I liked reputation and the Look video was amazing. But Jack said the next album was going in the direction of new years day. Which is good but get why she had to do reputation to then go in a different direction.

I don't care for her personal life, but she's going to have to do a few interviews this time around. She can't keep using the same quote about no discussion just reputation.

So many theory's around her, I do believe that the investment banker dad bought tens of thousands of copies of her first album to get her in the charts from no where. Think it was confirmed that he bought part of her label.

Don't get how she can take control, she already controls everything!
Yeah, she is already a control freak. I thought Rep was an ok album but not her best. I saw the concert though and it was good, although I thought her vocals were better on the 1989 tour.

Red and 1989 are my favourite albums. I don't think she will top the quality of 1989. It was such an amazing production.

Personally was a fan of her earlier stuff, for me Red was the last album I liked of hers, I wish she'd go back to her country roots. Also don't care about her sexual orientation.

Reactions: 5
Personally was a fan of her earlier stuff, for me Red was the last album I liked of hers, I wish she'd go back to her country roots. Also, don't care about her sexual orientation.
That's exactly my thoughts as well. Reputation was rubbish while Red was her best album. I agree she needs to go back to her country root.

Her country music days were the highlight for me and where she’s at her best. Not that I didn’t enjoy 1989, reputation not so much.
Sadly she moved to generic pop for the money and will probably continue to do so until the money train stops.

Her country music days were the highlight for me and where she’s at her best. Not that I didn’t enjoy 1989, reputation not so much.
Sadly she moved to generic pop for the money and will probably continue to do so until the money train stops.
Given that she left Big Machine and went to Republic, I don't see her going back to country anytime soon. I loved Speak Now, Red, and even 1989 as the lyrics told a story. I found the lyrics of Reputation pretty generic and not up to Taylor's usual standard. The one song that reminds me of her older music in the way of story telling is Getaway Car. But Reputation has so many filler tracks: Ready For It, End Game, Look What You Made Me Do, So It Goes - if any other artist released those, people would have no problem saying how terrible they are.

Agree about Red, Speak Now and 1989. I also loved Fearless.
I do have to note that what I think are the better songs on Reputation such as Get Away Car, New Years Day, This is why we can’t have nice things and Call it what you want to- are co written by Jack Antonoff.

Reactions: 2
Agree about Red, Speak Now and 1989. I also loved Fearless.
I do have to note that what I think are the better songs on Reputation such as Get Away Car, New Years Day, This is why we can’t have nice things and Call it what you want to- are co written by Jack Antonoff.
Yes, also love Fearless. That was the album that got me into Taylor. I prefer Jack Antonoff's songs. I am not a fan of Max Martin or Shellback they are a bit generic pop for me.

I Did Something Bad sounds like it could be a generic Britney song. Normally Taylor's bridges are amazing but I didn't find that so much with Rep, although I do love the bridge in Dress.

I would love for her to go back to using her band on her album, instead of the synth etc.

Reactions: 4
For the most part, does everyone here believe that guy really grabbed her butt? the guy she went to trial over? I think it happened, that's just gut feeling but I wonder if there's evidence to the contrary I don't know about.

The way the whole thing was presented by the press made it seem a very open and shut case. That Mueller was guilty end of story.
Dave Mueller has always denied it, saying Taylor has the photos taken with him and moved straight on to have photos with fans etc. He questioned if she was so upset and shocked why didn’t she take a break. Which is a fair point. Taylor said she didn’t want to disappoint the fans. ?‍♀
My instinct is that it’s true, she didn’t want any financial gain out of it. Which to me supports the idea she simply wanted justice done. Her bodyguard and photographer also backed her claims.

100% believe it. It happened years ago and the only reason it was made so public in 2017 was because he decided to sue her for losing his job so she counter sued him for 1 dollar. Her and her team only complained to his workplace at the time, and didn’t try and sue him or whatever. I really thought she was amazing at the trial.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.