Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's hilarious and deserved that even with all her work and shady trying to sell the same song in 8 different formats she still didn't get a hot 100 #1. To be beaten by a country inspired song too :LOL:

The song has performed so badly for her standards, the only region it got #1 is Scotland. Didn't even make it into the top 10 in many countries.

I bet she's fuming with a sore hand after signing all those copies :ROFLMAO:
I loved her but if this is what she’s bringing, I’m not buying it 😐
she’s sold out. I’m glad it’s reflected in sales.
With reputation she became this “evil persona,” before artist 🤷‍♀️ annoying but the music was still there 😐
“Me” is like something from the cutting room floor of the greatest showman soundtrack.
Yes it’s “catchy”
but so is baby shark 🥺

Reactions: 3
It's catchy with a decent hook, but so are most of the tunes from kiddies TV. She should scrap it and start again, but she's so arrogant will probably just repeat it's achievements like most views in 24 hours for a music video and totally ignore the backlash. She went very quiet after missing the #1.

This reads like she's congratulating herself, despite me not challenging her at all as an artist.
Screenshot_20190515-191103.jpg

That's hilarious and deserved that even with all her work and shady trying to sell the same song in 8 different formats she still didn't get a hot 100 #1. To be beaten by a country inspired song too [emoji38]

The song has performed so badly for her standards, the only region it got #1 is Scotland. Didn't even make it into the top 10 in many countries.

I bet she's fuming with a sore hand after signing all those copies [emoji23]
If this album does not do well she is still young enough to be on the top again all the artists have dips in their careers. Look at Mariah her Frist couple of albums done really well and giltter nearly ended her career and than she brought emancipation of mimi out and she was on top again. I think Taylor has the nicest fans out of all the others the behives are crazy.

Reactions: 2
If this album does not do well she is still young enough to be on the top again all the artists have dips in their careers. Look at Mariah her Frist couple of albums done really well and giltter nearly ended her career and than she brought emancipation of mimi out and she was on top again. I think Taylor has the nicest fans out of all the others the behives are crazy.
Of course she's still got at least a dozen albums in her - no one's said she's over. But needs to challenge herself and not care about charts and money.

Mariah's emancipation album still sold way less than her earlier albums and that's before streaming. Glitter was ruined by her ex getting Jenifer Lopez to rip off the best tracks. When him and Mariah were together they were pulling all kind of tricks to keep getting her #1's.

Reactions: 1
Of course she's still got at least a dozen albums in her - no one's said she's over. But needs to challenge herself and not care about charts and money.

Maria's emancipation album still sold way less than her earlier albums and that's before streaming. Glitter was ruined by her ex getting Jenifer Lopez to rip off the best tracks. When him and Mariah were together they were pulling all kind of tricks to keep getting her #1's.
I did not mean that she was over just she is still young enough to get on top. Yes jlo and Mariah have never got on and they don't blame Mariah jlo has been shady as duck. I would love to see Mariah back on top of the charts but I don't think she can pull it off maybe she will shock us and bring some decent music out.

I did not mean that she was over just she is still young enough to get on top. Yes jlo and Mariah have never got on and they don't blame Mariah jlo has been shady as duck. I would love to see Mariah back on top of the charts but I don't think she can pull it off maybe she will shock us and bring some decent music out.
If Mariah Carey would learn to accept the fact that she is 49 and not 19, that would help. The woman refuses to age with any class or dignity and her career has suffered because of it. She is one of the defining voices of a generation and she most certainly could dominate the charts again if she would chose grown up material that was catchy. Kelly Clarkson does it all the time. Surely Mariah could manage it just once.

And the only thing I'll say about JLo is she needs her looks to stay relevant because she can't sing or act well at all. Bless her heart.

If Mariah Carey would learn to accept the fact that she is 49 and not 19, that would help. The woman refuses to age with any class or dignity and her career has suffered because of it. She is one of the defining voices of a generation and she most certainly could dominate the charts again if she would chose grown up material that was catchy. Kelly Clarkson does it all the time. Surely Mariah could manage it just once.

And the only thing I'll say about JLo is she needs her looks to stay relevant because she can't sing or act well at all. Bless her heart.
Tbf Mariah's album caution is really good. Yes her voice is amazing but she has issues she always faces backlash because she doesn't sound the same as she did when she Frist came out. Everything you have said about Jennifer love tits is true.

jlo has been shady as duck.
To be honest I think jlo is just a puppet used by Marian's ex, can't blame Mariah for not knowing her.

Jlo often doesn't even sing the chorus on her own songs. Mariahs voice is not what it was and can't hit the notes in her old songs. But the last album is the best she's done in ages. Her reality TV show was great, for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway hope Taylor releases something new to move this on. Probably still got another few weeks to wait

To be honest I think jlo is just a puppet used by Marian's ex, can't blame Mariah for not knowing her.

Jlo often doesn't even sing the chorus on her own songs. Mariahs voice is not what it was and can't hit the notes in her old songs. But the last album is the best she's done in ages. Her reality TV show was great, for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway hope Taylor releases something new to move this on. Probably still got another few weeks to wait
I still don't know her. Caution is an amazing album #lamb

Yel

I'm not sure how I feel about her jumping on LGBTQ issues with her pastel aesthetic. While it's undeniably a good cause and difficult to be critical of, it's not a brave issue in 2019 and doubt she would be doing any of this unless she was right in the middle of an album campaign.

I'm not sure how I feel about her jumping on LGBTQ issues with her pastel aesthetic. While it's undeniably a good cause and difficult to be critical of, it's not a brave issue in 2019 and doubt she'd be doing any of this unless she was right in the middle of an album campaign.

I feel exactly the same. I'm not going to complain about anybody standing up for LGBTQ rights but it's not a particularly brave stance in 2019, and the timing is suspect. She never managed to be a big icon for the gay community (she's no Gaga for sure) so it feels to me like she's courting a demographic that perhaps doesn't buy many of her albums.
In addition, she was happy to remain silent when alt right websites were calling her the aryan princess and claiming her as their own, saying that her lyrics contained subtle right wing messaging. It helped sell Reputation to that demo and she didn't have a word to say. She could have put out a statement saying that she wasn't allowing people to use her lyrics for political purposes but she didn't want to rock that boat.

Taylor Swift is a PR machine, she will follow the positive PR, nothing feels genuine to me anymore, everything feels like an effort, and to be about PR.

I'm not sure how I feel about her jumping on LGBTQ issues with her pastel aesthetic. While it's undeniably a good cause and difficult to be critical of, it's not a brave issue in 2019 and doubt she'd be doing any of this unless she was right in the middle of an album campaign.

Yeah its a bit odd how she's only recently been open about her political views and supporting LGBTQ people. I feel like people were trying to get her to speak on it for years but she wouldn't, as she knew she had quite a big conservative and christian fanbase.

I actually think she is going to come out. Whether as bi or pansexual, I'm not sure.
If she is LGBTQ then I hope for her sake that she can feel safe to come out of the closet. We don’t need to go too far back to think of at all the damage done to movie and music stars who were forced to “play straight”.
It would certainly explain her string of very high profile short lived relationships.
Does anybody remember the really cringeworthy summer of the Hiddleswift? That was... weird.

Reactions: 3
If she is LGBTQ then I hope for her sake that she can feel safe to come out of the closet. We don’t need to go too far back to think of at all the damage done to movie and music stars who were forced to “play straight”.
It would certainly explain her string of very high profile short lived relationships.
Does anybody remember the really cringeworthy summer of the Hiddleswift? That was... weird.
If you look into her relationships they're all for PR, even Joe. He wasn't seen for three months, then they're photographed together and then the next day I t is announced he is going to be in a bbc show. All their outings align with his movies coming out. Before TSwift no one knew his name. They are bearding. I believe Taylor is edging out of the closet with these hints after being stuck in it while being in the country music scene which is very conservative. She even has an advert where it says "and now she's trapped in the closet" and her hash tag for her last single was "#MeOutNow." I think she's testing the waters.

She's also been wearing the pride pin on her clothing a lot recently. One of the lyrics in me is "like a rainbow with all of the colours" and on tumblr she liked posts with people who are lgbt quoting this lyrics with their gf or bf. Also who calls their boyfriend "baby doll"? That is a very feminine term. And when Me was coming out a lot of the media started questioning if Taylor was coming out. In her music video there are chicks and Taylor says "this is my first song about baby chickens, you may have heard about that in the media and it's true." Chicks = girls. She's throwing the bone.

These are her Tumblr likes https://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/taylorswift

edit to add: being closeted and bearding is still very much a thing in Hollywood. Ellen talks about it in her Netflix show.

Last edited:
  • Heart
If you look into her relationships they're all for PR, even Joe. He wasn't seen for three months, then they're photographed together and then the next day I t is announced he is going to be in a bbc show. All their outings align with his movies coming out. Before TSwift no one knew his name. They are bearding. I believe Taylor is edging out of the closet with these hints after being stuck in it while being in the country music scene which is very conservative. She even has an advert where it says "and now she's trapped in the closet" and her hash tag for her last single was "#MeOutNow." I think she's testing the waters. She's also been wearing the pride pin on her clothing a lot recently.
If it’s true and Joe needs a comforting arm, he can deffo come to me, I’ll give him a better night than his wedding night to Emma Stone’s character in The Favourite - a disinterested handjob, poor fella. 😂😂

edit to add: being closeted and bearding is still very much a thing in Hollywood. Ellen talks about it in her Netflix show.
Without going too OT there are a few other big names who are all but outed and I find it really sad because I wish they could live their life out of the closet, but in a way they also seem to make a choice of fame over freedom.

Yeah its a bit odd how she's only recently been open about her political views and supporting LGBTQ people. I feel like people were trying to get her to speak on it for years but she wouldn't, as she knew she had quite a big conservative and christian fanbase.
This exactly, is a little weird to me. Her fanbase was mostly this, and then I remember last year during the elections, she shocked a lot of people down south here by supporting a democrat in her home state and asking people to vote her candidate after saying she'd never get into politics. It doesn't matter tbh whatever the view, I just find her timing to be odd.

I watched her on Graham the other day and EVERY guest on the couch was so enamored with her and they were all fangirling, and even James McAvoy had a kind of doting look as he sat right next to her and he sometimes seems not as amused with other people so I was surprised. She has a way with most people and can pull out some pretty witty stuff and knows how to stay "relatable" but I question how much of it is true humility anymore. I do wonder if it's just a veil of it.

This exactly, is a little weird to me. Her fanbase was mostly this, and then I remember last year during the elections, she shocked a lot of people down south here by supporting a democrat in her home state and asking people to vote her candidate after saying she'd never get into politics. It doesn't matter tbh whatever the view, I just find her timing to be odd.

I watched her on Graham the other day and EVERY guest on the couch was so enamored with her and they were all fangirling, and even James McAvoy had a kind of doting look as he sat right next to her and he sometimes seems not as amused with other people so I was surprised. She has a way with most people and can pull out some pretty witty stuff and knows how to stay "relatable" but I question how much of it is true humility anymore. I do wonder if it's just a veil of it.
I always feel like people put on this “adoring” persona around her...she must be very charismatic in person, because through the tv it didn’t work for me 😂 I don’t like the way she’s obviously exploiting her obsessive fans with the 120 releases of one song, etc. How greedy can you get? I’m not naive, I know they are all about business but how much more money can you possibly need? Do you really need to take every last cent of your 15 year old fans to get to number 1?
I also wish she’d grow up with her fans but she seems determined to keep appealing to the young demo for as long as she can.

On another note, and NOT body shaming, but me and a friend who does drag are convinced she wears hip pads when performing in bodysuits. She’s very thin and lithe and the sculpted bum and thighs she has on tour really don’t match her silhouette in dresses and skirts (this is all opinion). Obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants but if I’m correct, I find it sad that she thinks she needs to look a certain way because the “fashion” is big butts and small waists. Also a bad influence on all the young girls who want to look like her and think she’s all natural.
She’s obviously beautiful in that “model” like way and doesn’t need any enhancements.
Anybody else noticed that or have I watched too many drag shows? 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.