Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reputation was a really good album as were the previous ones. I’m not too sure about Lover, some songs bang but most are dull. Very excited for the doc! I love her.

Reactions: 2
Intersting read. I am surprised she spoke about it. I thought she Def alluded to one in her ELLE interview last yr when she said she had to retrain her brain that it's OK to have body fat. She says she was almost passing out on tour.

Reactions: 1
I'm just so cynical with everything to do with her. To go from saying nothing to all of a sudden saying quite a bit, the day after her tour finished in the rebplican states😂. I feel everything she does is for commercial reasons, it's not really risking sales in 2019 to support the democrats. She can say her opinions without forcing them onto people.

She's shown that even in the states a Listers can just disappear if they want to.

I still haven't watched the gaga doc

Reactions: 2
I'm just so cynical with everything to do with her. To go from saying nothing to all of a sudden saying quite a bit, the day after her tour finished in the rebplican states😂. I feel everything she does is for commercial reasons, it's not really risking sales in 2019 to support the democrats. She can say her opinions without forcing them onto people.

She's shown that even in the states a Listers can just disappear if they want to.

I still haven't watched the gaga doc
She said she didn't speak out cause of her safety. At the Sundance q&a, she said she gets threats daily and many of them aren't known but her father has to go through them. They have a file of her stalkers, death threats, etc. That is why her team didn't want her to speak out about politics as they were worried someone could kill her. She said her dad worries even just about her standing on stage in front of a big crowd. For her, it wasn't about the sales. She ends up arguing with her team and father as they cite concerns about her safety if she posts it on Instagram and Taylor says "duck that. I don't care anymore" because she was so upset she never spoke out against Trump. They had to get armored cars for her after revealing her political stance. She has some real nut jobs stalking her, and even more scary in the USA where guns are so readily available.

She said she didn't speak out cause of her safety. At the Sundance q&a, she said she gets threats daily and many of them aren't known but her father has to go through them. They have a file of her stalkers, death threats, etc. That is why her team didn't want her to speak out about politics as they were worried someone could kill her. She said her dad worries even just about her standing on stage in front of a big crowd. For her, it wasn't about the sales. She ends up arguing with her team and father as they cite concerns about her safety if she posts it on Instagram and Taylor says "duck that. I don't care anymore" because she was so upset she never spoke out against Trump. They had to get armored cars for her after revealing her political stance. She has some real nut jobs stalking her, and even more scary in the USA where guns are so readily available.
I'm just not sure I buy it. Political stance or not I don't think a Listers safety is affected that much. She's one of the most famous people on the earth, she's always going to have huge security concerns. Plus her dad had a really dodgy Facebook account that wasn't that long ago just deleted.

I'm sorry but I as much as I like her, I just can't take anything she says at face value.

Reactions: 3
I like Taylor a lot, always have.
But I think she plays the victim card like a pro when she feels it’s necessary.

I don’t think fear has influenced her decisions in the past,
I think she’s a very smart woman who shows her cards when she feels it benefits her the most 🤷‍♀️

I do not like Selena and I think they’re cut from the same cloth!

Reactions: 7
I'm really looking forward to the documentary and I'm glad there isnt any Scooter Squared talk in it. It'll be good to see a more mature version of her, which I'm liking recently.

I dont particularly think she plays the victim necessarily. I've always thought she is just quite overdramtic about the stuff that happens to her and has trouble letting things go.

Like the reaction to Kanye's VMA crashing was quite OTT when she came back singing 'Innocent' the next year. And the fact she put so much weight on his approval made it burn 10x more when he did that phonecall stuff that we're still getting references to it on Lover 3 years later.

And although I love the snake imagery for rep, it was A LOT of snakes - she doesnt do subtle lol.

Also with this doc I'm confused about why she keeps saying no one saw her for a year when she released the 50 shades song, and did a concert in that time.

So I think sometimes things are overegged because she's obviously fairly sensitive. But cant really complain when we get great songs out of it!

Pitchfork are still at it

I hope she's actually going to make a video for the man, this era has lacked a good video and it's a shame.

Guys the documentary is GOOD.

No doubt it’s been very carefully crafted to put across a specific narrative so I take it all with a pinch of salt but even so.. it’s good.

So interesting to hear how the songs on Lover took shape, and why the Kanye West thing had such a massive impact on her and why it all came out on Reputation the way it did.

Also interesting to hear her observations of public scrutiny - thinking of parallels with how some influencers live their lives online and there’s a “mistake” causing a fall from grace: “When you’re living for the approval of strangers and that is where you derive all your joy and fulfilment one bad thing can cause everything to crumble.”

Reactions: 8
I swear pitchfork have influenced me to watch this by saying it's like a long behind the song video

Her and Joel (Lorde) little celebrating ME! Surrounded by Voss bottles and the next scene is her management company all drinking smart water 😂 I'm easily amused

The private jet going through turbulence and their yellow green spinach sliding around 😆

Taylor is so fascinating as a popstar, I'm so mixed about her. Really worth watching although didn't reveal anything.

Why didn't Katy and you need to calm down make the cut? They never released the behind the scenes video for that did they? And that's the one everyone was waiting for.

I still don't buy her "nice girls don't have an opinion, I was sick of people telling me to stay out of it". She's had complete control for a long time, I bet the advisors in her management company that she owns just changed their advice that now is the right time to say something. She owns her team, I doubt they were actually annoyed at her. All she showed is her dad and other old cronies saying dont do it, we know from her dad's deleted Facebook how crazy he is. I don't doubt she believes what she's saying, but think she's taking too much personal credit for what was a no doubt a team effort and carefully planned.

Not a fan of the "only the young" song, it's not very good with terrible cringe lyrics.

Taylor is so fascinating as a popstar, I'm so mixed about her.
this is exactly where I stand with Taylor.
No doubt she has a huge talent.
but I keep hopping back onto that fence because she seems so calculating. I feel like everything she does and says is planned, and definitely not genuine.
I haven't watched it yet but I will this weekend.

Reactions: 3
this is exactly where I stand with Taylor.
No doubt she has a huge talent.
but I keep hopping back onto that fence because she seems so calculating. I feel like everything she does and says is planned, and definitely not genuine.
I haven't watched it yet but I will this weekend.
The thing I liked about the doc is that it shows her dorky side and not just her performing side. She is pretty silly and doesn't take herself too seriously. Also shows vulnerable moments that are definitely not put on.

The thing I liked about the doc is that it shows her dorky side and not just her performing side. She is pretty silly and doesn't take herself too seriously. Also shows vulnerable moments that are definitely not put on.
But we have seen her “dorky” side before,
she plans when she wants to show that to the world, this is my thing I feel like everything about Taylor is planned, like we see Easter eggs in her videos that are planned months in advance, or now we hear what certain songs *could* have been about and why she released what when, and that amount of planning deserves respect, she’s a very clever very talented woman, but I don’t think anything about her is raw and unedited.
I actually think her “raw” footage is probably more staged than everything else.

that’s my opinion having not watched it yet though. And I do still like her. I just have a weird feeling at times 😬

Reactions: 4
I actually think her “raw” footage is probably more staged than everything else.
This. The most "candid" moments in the doc - talking about trump, being political or her relationship all felt very well rehearsed.

This. The most "candid" moments in the doc - talking about trump, being political or her relationship all felt very well rehearsed.

Yes. Whilst watching I found myself thinking, what came first, the politics or the documentary?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.