Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t love the Christmas song at all. 😬
there’s cheese and then there’s that 🤦🏻‍♀️

the lyrics are “Christmas song for dummies 101” bad.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Not feeling the new Christmas song either, her voice sounds a bit odd also. I'd rather listen to the cheeky girls Christmas attempt.

People are saying it's great after a few listens, I don't think I'll get that far. Cute video though

• Haha
Reactions: 2

"Thankfully, there’s power in writing your music. Every week, we get a dozen synch requests to use “Shake It Off” in some advertisement or “Blank Space” in some movie trailer, and we say no to every single one of them. And the reason I’m rerecording my music next year is because I do want my music to live on. I do want it to be in movies, I do want it to be in commercials. But I only want that if I own it."

Hahahaha! Just as we thought, she's waiting to rerecord her music and then she'll make money from the rights of the new versions, while blocking the old versions. I love this and I'm really glad she's being so open about what she has planned. A few years ago she would've been called 'calculated'.

Reactions: 5

"Thankfully, there’s power in writing your music. Every week, we get a dozen synch requests to use “Shake It Off” in some advertisement or “Blank Space” in some movie trailer, and we say no to every single one of them. And the reason I’m rerecording my music next year is because I do want my music to live on. I do want it to be in movies, I do want it to be in commercials. But I only want that if I own it."

Hahahaha! Just as we thought, she's waiting to rerecord her music and then she'll make money from the rights of the new versions, while blocking the old versions. I love this and I'm really glad she's being so open about what she has planned. A few years ago she would've been called 'calculated'.
Hahahah, love it. At least she is being honest, good for her. Some people will still call her "calculated" but she deserves to own her own music and make all of the money off it!

Reactions: 4
Hahahah, love it. At least she is being honest, good for her. Some people will still call her "calculated" but she deserves to own her own music and make all of the money off it!
No wonder Scott Squared are trying everything to stop her and silence her. I can't even imagine the amount of money they're gonna lose/miss out on from this. I know that most people will still listen to the old versions (as will I), but I guess that's not where the money is. I reckon whoever said the songs will be as identical as they can be is right. She'll probably change the deep cuts a little more?

Reactions: 1
No wonder Scott Squared are trying everything to stop her and silence her. I can't even imagine the amount of money they're gonna lose/miss out on from this. I know that most people will still listen to the old versions (as will I), but I guess that's not where the money is. I reckon whoever said the songs will be as identical as they can be is right. She'll probably change the deep cuts a little more?
Well, Scooter "bought" them for $300 million, I think. He had to have financial help for it. That is a hell of a lot of money. Taylor's catalog makes up most of Big Machine's revenue. Without her music, they are nothing. She was the biggest artist on their roster.

It’s going to be fascinating to see how she “launches” the new recordings. Nothing like this has been done before afaik. I wonder if she will have the old recordings removed from her Spotify profile.

It’s going to be fascinating to see how she “launches” the new recordings. Nothing like this has been done before afaik. I wonder if she will have the old recordings removed from her Spotify profile.
Yeah, it will be very interesting. I can't wait to hear the albums with her maturer voice.

Jojo did it last year and just released 2 rerecorded albums on one day. Her originals were never on streaming though.

Jojo did it last year and just released 2 rerecorded albums on one day. Her originals were never on streaming though.
Just reading about this now - very interesting - her label withheld releasing her music until she LOST WEIGHT. Wtf. Also the label seemed to pull all (or a lot of) its music from Spotify including Aaliyah’s last two albums. It’s Aaliyah’s uncle’s label. Presumably he’s the guy in the R Kelly documentary, pleading ignorance/forgiveness about R Kelly and what happened to Aaliyah. What a wrong ‘un.

Taylor's Billboard Woman of the Decade speech... really good. Also, I would never be able to do a speech like that without notes. Haha.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Taylor's Billboard Woman of the Decade speech... really good. Also, I would never be able to do a speech like that without notes. Haha.

Not that it matters but I think she's got autocue prompts, you can tell in some parts where she's looking down the camera that she's reading. It's barely noticiable though, she clearly rehearsed it a lot!

Confirmed for Glastonbury if anyone’s interested...
I was really pleasantly surprised she got the Sunday slot, and Macca didnt! I hope she doesnt get too ripped into for her voice.

I wonder how much longer she will be in the public eye. Things don't last forever right?

I wonder how much longer she will be in the public eye. Things don't last forever right?
They could! There are plenty of singers that are still going - Madonna, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springstein. And then people like Celine and JLo who have had a second wind in their careers recently.

The good thing is she can write so she could go away, have a family if she wants to and write music for other people or musicals.

They could! There are plenty of singers that are still going - Madonna, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springstein. And then people like Celine and JLo who have had a second wind in their careers recently.

The good thing is she can write so she could go away, have a family if she wants to and write music for other people or musicals.
Yeah, she said she sees herself writing for other people when older.

I like Taylor, but my eyes roll so hard most times she speaks these days. Especially about "her music" that the label paid to make the recordings for not belonging to her as if it's a huge injustice.

That said I look forward to what others say about this and if it's worth watching.

The only pop docs I like are where they have no control, like totally Scott lee or that lily Allen doc that she was tweeting to tell people not to watch 😂

I like Taylor’s music but the last couple of albums haven’t been as good. 1989 was the last great one in my opinion.

I think she’s very clever because she portrays a feminist image but in reality she uses other women to get headlines and then drops them as soon as they are no longer of use to her. The girl gang she created was full of beautiful models and actresses with Lena Dunham thrown in so she couldn’t be accused of only showing unrealistic beauty.

She wants the press but only when she’s portrayed exactly how she wants to be. I don’t get all the hysterical young girls following her around everywhere.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.