Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this. Her calling upon her fans to talk to Scooter and Scott was shortsighted and idiotic. This is backfiring on her.

Taylor of all people knows what it is like to get death threats and have people break in to her house trying to kill her. She knows how scary it is.

I agreed with every part of her statement apart from where she involved her fans. Her fans would have spoken up regardless.

If she doesnt say something, it will look appalling.

I am no fan of Scooter but this looks bad on her.

Reactions: 4
Her calling upon her fans to talk to Scooter and Scott was shortsighted and idiotic.
Ah I missed that bit.

Just read in the Grauniad, a mistake I'm assuming?

"Scooter Braun, the former manager of Taylor Swift – whom she accused of forbidding her to perform her own music – has asked her to resolve their dispute."

Anyone watch the AMS’s?

I liked the songs she performed, she totally skipped everything from reputation 😬

was Selena sitting with her parents during, awkward Camila was up there and not her 😂

She was brilliant, a consummate professional in her performance, as always. And I liked the way she thanked Carole King in her speech, it was pitched just right.

Halsey’s speech was good too. I confess I don’t know much about her.

Reactions: 1
She was brilliant, a consummate professional in her performance, as always. And I liked the way she thanked Carole King in her speech, it was pitched just right.

She almost made Carol cry! So graceful. I am glad she didn't mention Scott and Scooter. She took the high road as everyone was expecting her to take a jab at them. I liked the shirt with the prison font of all the albums they own though. Her mum crying almost made me cry. Lol.

I can't stand Camilla Cabello and her mousy voice.

I was kind of surprised/disappointed that she didnt sing more songs. She's so good at mash ups that I thought we'd get at least one song from each album.

She has so many popular songs (as in hits with the public not just fans) - most of the 1989 singles, WANGBT, YBLM, Mean, Our Song. I feel robbed lol.

But her performance technique has improved so much in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Ah, this version is so gorgeous. This is what I wanted, not the tit collab with Shawn Mendes. Totally want to use it for our first dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm glad she didn't actually mention scooter (auto correct came up with scatter 🤢), although him pretending to be all innocent and surprised by a backlash after he posted that he bought Taylor still pisses me off.

Probably for the best, she's pretty problematic - the embodiment of woke tumlbr. Although I've ignored her after that racist shampoo stuff.

I'm glad she didn't actually mention scooter (auto correct came up with scatter 🤢), although him pretending to be all innocent and surprised by a backlash after he posted that he bought Taylor still pisses me off.

Probably for the best, she's pretty problematic - the embodiment of woke tumlbr. Although I've ignored her after that racist shampoo stuff.
I find Halsey annoying, same with Camilla. Don't get me started on Billie Eilish. I didn't realise she is only 17. Thought she was in her 30s and she seems like an utter prick.

I find Halsey annoying, same with Camilla. Don't get me started on Billie Eilish. I didn't realise she is only 17. Thought she was in her 30s and she seems like an utter prick.
Yeah I've never really got Camila, work from home is the only thing decent she's been involved with. I was impressed that Billie E and her brother wrote and produced all of her album but so sick of hearing bad guy advertising sky or bt broadband, cringe.

Totally ot but Dua Lipa is one of the few big pop girls I like, hope she's not a dick.

Yeah I've never really got Camila, work from home is the only thing decent she's been involved with. I was impressed that Billie E and her brother wrote and produced all of her album but so sick of hearing bad guy advertising sky or bt broadband, cringe.

Totally ot but Dua Lipa is one of the few big pop girls I like, hope she's not a dick.
I don't mind Dua Lipa, her latest song is definitely a "grower". She has a nice deep alto range and it sounds more wholesome than if she tried to sing high riffs like a lot of other singers.

I actually enjoyed Taylor's performance on the AMAs. You can tell she really appreciates her fans and performs for them.

I don’t mind Camila, I think she has the potential to become the next biggest pop girl in the way Ariana did after a few years. She can sing well live too. Her and Shawn’s PDA is annoying though.

I like Dua’s new song, glad to see she improved her dancing after all that roasting 😂

Billie comes across really awkward to me and can’t really hear a word she’s singing but I like that she’s different.

What’s the tea on Halsey @Yel ? I found her unlikeable from the v little I’ve seen of her

Miss Americana was playing in morrisons, I do love their playlist. I wish they had a radio station.

I feel like everyone is being shady about the new dua song saying it sounds like h&m music 😂

I don't know any tea on Halsey, she's just very wOkE and unlikeable

Reactions: 2

Off topic, but I actually like Billie Eilish, she seems still quite down to earth. Some of her fans sound crazy though 😕

Controversial.
i dislike (don’t wanna say hate) most of the new females doing the rounds.

maybe I’m just getting old but I find them all SOOOOOO “try hard“ whilst pretending they aren’t trying 🤣

camila is just a clown, I’ve no idea if she’s talented because her fake relationship takes away from her vocals.
i see her and scream “he’s not into you, you’re female, STOP LYING!!!!l“

Reactions: 4
Controversial.
i dislike (don’t wanna say hate) most of the new females doing the rounds.

maybe I’m just getting old but I find them all SOOOOOO “try hard“ whilst pretending they aren’t trying 🤣

camila is just a clown, I’ve no idea if she’s talented because her fake relationship takes away from her vocals.
i see her and scream “he’s not into you, you’re female, STOP LYING!!!!l“
I'm sure they both know. It's so obv a PR/bearding relationship. Plenty of rumors she is gay too.

Everybody seems to think Shawn is gay (myself included) even Wendy Williams very heavily hinted he was. The fake relationship is just adding to the speculation.

So she has a Christmas song out. I was suspecting it as a Nashville radio station said she would have new material out before the end of 2019.

I really like it. That old-school style singing intro is beautiful. The chorus is so catchy, kinda the same catchiness as Shake It Off. And I LOVE the bridge.

Not going to lie, the video made me tear up. Baby Taylor is cute and it is weird to look at that little girl and knowing she grows up to be Taylor Swift, Artist of the Decade. Also, the scene when she opens her first guitar almost made me bawl. Haha.

Weird to think this is probably the last song of her 20s we will get.

Taylor's had some good content this week. She did a little interview with Vogue which I really liked. Again, she alluded to some type of eating disorder in the past, as she did in the ELLE 30 things interview.

AND, she said this in an interview, which I have a lot of respect for:

“The more women are able to voice their discomfort in social situations, the more it becomes the social norm that people who ask the questions at parties like ‘When are you going to start a family?’ to someone as soon as they turn 25 are a little bit rude,” she says. “It’s gonna take a bit for people to catch up with that, and I understand that, but it’s good that we’re allowed to say, ‘Hey, just so you know, we’re more than incubators. You don’t have to ask that of someone just because they’re in their mid-20s and they’re a female.” https://people.com/music/taylor-swift-refuses-to-stress-about-her-body/

She had previously been asked by a German outlet now that she is almost 30 is she going to become a mother, and Taylor said "if I was a man, I don't think you would ask me that so I am not answering that question."

Also, this photo is from last year, of her at her childhood home and the image of the left is from the music video.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.