Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its so weird how fans position this as “Taylor treating us“. It’s interesting how she’s been able to sell this completely self-motivated business move as such.
Shes very fan focused though. Many musical artists arent despite them paying the bills.

Yes this is a business move from her, but why shouldnt it be, she deserves to make the money from her masters. Fans also getting a new TV is awesome.

Fwiw it sounds amazing 😍 I really hope it is about Alexander Skarsgaard.

I dont think any of her fans begrudge her re-releasing her albums at all and recognise why she is doing it.

Reactions: 3
I haven't liked barely any of the Taylor's version songs so far. I feel bad for saying that but it's the truth.

Shes very fan focused though. Many musical artists arent despite them paying the bills.

Yes this is a business move from her, but why shouldnt it be, she deserves to make the money from her masters. Fans also getting a new TV is awesome.

Fwiw it sounds amazing 😍 I really hope it is about Alexander Skarsgaard.

I dont think any of her fans begrudge her re-releasing her albums at all and recognise why she is doing it.
I don’t think fans begrudge it nor should they, but it’s interesting how they digest and circulate certain narratives. Even the way they refer to “Scooter not getting any money”, like they were given the name and that’s an easy story to repeat and they now feel as though they are active participants in righting this big injustice… it’s a smart marketing move as it’s an easier story to remember if fans just see it as this one fight against one “bad man”, nevermind that Scooter sold the masters years ago and she obviously has motivations beyond him.

It’s hard to sell the concept of re-recordings and have fans buy them, and so she uses certain strategies to do so, and it ends not in fans realizing the huge commercial feat they perform to purchase re recordings en masse— but rather fans saying “She is doing this for us! She is treating us! Taylor is so good to us!” It’s actually… really bleeping weird lol.

I also think it’s funny how clear it is that her fan interaction is solely a marketing tactic but fans think they are really friends. Taylor blatantly appears on platforms now just before a music release in order to get fans to start promoting and sharing her work but you see fans saying it’s because “she missed us!” Uh no, it’s a stage in a marketing strategy. She has her own friends and life. But there is labour she can easily ask of fans now but they don’t see it as such. It’s just interesting.

Reactions: 15
I prefer WD original, TV is missing the airy production. But glad we don’t have to keep playing the horsey film clip now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
tbh, I wish we had the full treatment of the horsey film version. I think I described the drums as like something from king of my heart on this very thread

still, it's a beautiful song, as it always has been. it's one of my favourites (I even have a place in my mind where I want to be seen standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset).

as with all the TVs, it's improved with her matured vocals and better production

I'm gonna just have to wait for my king of my heart Big Drums TV, aren't I?!

Reactions: 2
Is the horsey film out? Maybe the trailer version of Wildest Dreams will be on the soundtrack for that (if its already out then ignore me lol, not much of a film follower).

Reactions: 1
I've seen so many social media posts acting like releasing Wildest Dreams TV is some sort of clue, but surely it's just because like others have said it's trending and she would rather her version be used. So more of a business decision than anything, or am I missing something?

I don’t think fans begrudge it nor should they, but it’s interesting how they digest and circulate certain narratives. Even the way they refer to “Scooter not getting any money”, like they were given the name and that’s an easy story to repeat and they now feel as though they are active participants in righting this big injustice… it’s a smart marketing move as it’s an easier story to remember if fans just see it as this one fight against one “bad man”, nevermind that Scooter sold the masters years ago and she obviously has motivations beyond him.

It’s hard to sell the concept of re-recordings and have fans buy them, and so she uses certain strategies to do so, and it ends not in fans realizing the huge commercial feat they perform to purchase re recordings en masse— but rather fans saying “She is doing this for us! She is treating us! Taylor is so good to us!” It’s actually… really bleeping weird lol.

I also think it’s funny how clear it is that her fan interaction is solely a marketing tactic but fans think they are really friends. Taylor blatantly appears on platforms now just before a music release in order to get fans to start promoting and sharing her work but you see fans saying it’s because “she missed us!” Uh no, it’s a stage in a marketing strategy. She has her own friends and life. But there is labour she can easily ask of fans now but they don’t see it as such. It’s just interesting.
Agree. I find her relationship with her fans really interesting. She does seem to genuinely appreciate them, and does more than she has to, seeking out individual fans to give back to them, inviting to her house to hear songs etc. But this all works in her favour and makes her fans love her even more, even though it is still a nice thing for her to do.

It is v weird how people act like she's doing THEM a favour by releasing these new versions, when they are the ones building her career and earning her money. 😂 She is obvs very clever and has a smart team behind her. I really love her music but don't really follow all the Easter egg stuff it's a bit exhausting haha.

Reactions: 8
My theory is that 1989 TV will come out on her birthday. She makes such a big thing about being born in 1989 that releasing on her birthday would be perfect

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a surprise drop like this too. Also if she gets her vinyl and cd production in order this time she’d hit the Christmas present market at an ideal time.

Reactions: 11
I've seen so many social media posts acting like releasing Wildest Dreams TV is some sort of clue, but surely it's just because like others have said it's trending and she would rather her version be used. So more of a business decision than anything, or am I missing something?

Agree. I find her relationship with her fans really interesting. She does seem to genuinely appreciate them, and does more than she has to, seeking out individual fans to give back to them, inviting to her house to hear songs etc. But this all works in her favour and makes her fans love her even more, even though it is still a nice thing for her to do.

It is v weird how people act like she's doing THEM a favour by releasing these new versions, when they are the ones building her career and earning her money. 😂 She is obvs very clever and has a smart team behind her. I really love her music but don't really follow all the Easter egg stuff it's a bit exhausting haha.
I love Taylor but I totally agree with you - it’s interesting that she really engages with her fans when there is a new release/works in progress but as soon as she is between releases or projects she goes so quiet….. no coincidence in my mind.

I do think she gives back alot and she does love her fans I’m sure. But as joey said in friends, there’s no selfless good deed 😂

Reactions: 4
I think it's a shame she is filtering herself so much on TikTok. The wildest Dreams one looks like a cartoon version of herself. Very AI looking.

Reactions: 6
adjusted my countdown! exciting! (assuming time of release is 0500 gmt/0000 est)

20210930_190219.jpg

Reactions: 1
I hope the rumours are true that Adele is releasing and that’s why she moved the date

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
My theory is that 1989 TV will come out on her birthday. She makes such a big thing about being born in 1989 that releasing on her birthday would be perfect

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a surprise drop like this too. Also if she gets her vinyl and cd production in order this time she’d hit the Christmas present market at an ideal time.
i hadn’t thought of this but I was pinning Speak Now as a surprise drop for her birthday because she’d be “32 and still growing up now” 🙈🤷🏼‍♀️. Can’t believe I have to get my emotions in check quicker than I thought, I think it’s definitely due to another ‘big’ release that’s coming late November and it’s obviously an artist she respects.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.