Tattle Turds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so call me a sad sack if you will, but the parcel I was waiting on today was a GIANT folder pencil case πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ The postie knocked today btw just to prove me wrong I'm sure πŸ˜‚

I've just spent a possibly ridiculously enjoyable 30mins organising my pens, pencils and other arty supplies πŸ™ˆ It juuuust closes! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now I can have all my things on my knee easy to hand rather than needing a giant space to spread out on πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚

Ah it's the simple things!
I used to work in a stationers. I was the buyer. I was in stationery heaven. It wasn’t well paid, I have a completely different career now, but that was my most enjoyable job.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to work in a stationers. I was the buyer. I was in stationery heaven. It wasn’t well paid, I have a completely different career now, but that was my most enjoyable job.
Ooh I hope you got to test lots of samples!

I really love fountain pens but barely write anything by hand these days :LOL:

When I worked in my first office I used to enjoy my trips to the local stationers we had an account with (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ooh I hope you got to test lots of samples!

When I worked in my first office I used to enjoy my trips to the local stationers we had an account with (y)
I used to have a large budget and I was in 7th heaven, getting in all these niche stationery makers. Buying beautiful paper, pens, cards, address books, desk accessories. It was a great job. I still love nice pens and notepads.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When I was feeling sorry for myself the other day I bought quite a bit of wool

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The pencil case in all it's glory *Heavenly Choral music swells* ;) As a bonus, it's got a cute panda motif :LOL:

I managed to fit in it 168 wax pencils (2 sets), a watercolour pen brush, 36 watercolour pencils, 3 fineliners, a mechanical pencil, 3 different grade sketching pencils and an eraser. There's a zip in the front I can pop my pencil sharpener into, along with some other, flatter items like swatch sheets or something πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
IMG_1642.JPG
IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG

I've got gel pens I'd have liked to get in there too but ran out of space πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When I was feeling sorry for myself the other day I bought quite a bit of wool
Ooh did you get anything you particularly loved? I once bought some really cool bobble wool and me and my mum sat and ran up a quick blanket for my best friends birthday, she really loved it and the bobble wool was super quick to knit up with (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Lovely @Penguin86 I especially like the blue/green one!

How many baby hats do you usually get from a skien of wool do you reckon?

Do you crochet too?

• Heart
I have had wool for the past 5 years and keep looking at it and saying I must make a start on it. My mum was an amazing knitter. She used to have a side hustle knitting jumpers for people. They were fabulous. Unfortunately she died when I was 13 so I didn’t learn at her knee. I taught myself the basics from a kid’s learn to knit book (when I was an adult) but I haven’t picked up my needles for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I picked up loom knitting in the first lockdown.
I tried normal knitting but i blame being left handed 🀣

• Heart
You did something useful in lockdown then. I sat on my arse and drank a lot of wine!
I took it up as a distraction to my anxiety because I was in the vulnerable category and ended up paranoid. I was cut off from my niece and nephew for months because my housemates were my bubble.
Then I found a knitting group on Facebook who make blankets and baby hats for people who have nothing so started making things for them and sending them off. Then they wanted hats and scarves for homeless/refugees.
I also occasionally knit birds nests for animal charities for injured birds.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That's pretty awesome to get 5 or more hats out of 100g (y) I tried crochet but it never lit a fire in me tbh made a few Christmas tree decoration snowflakes out of sparkly white wool though for my best mate and then gave it up :LOL:

I tried to start a jumper but it was just too much of a large project. I used to knit toys for the millions of (it seems) kids in my family :ROFLMAO: But I've not knitted in years now. I still have a big box of wool just in case I fancy it again!
I find my hands I get quite sore, but I think that's partly because I sometimes have a death grip on the needles πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I think you are absolutely amazing for knitting for charitable causes @Penguin86 ❀

I'm like @House of Tea and didn't learn anything new during lockdowns 😬 :LOL: I taught myself knitting with the power of Youtube (y) :LOL:

I've been leaning more into getting back into drawing/arty things though to keep myself busy.

I tended to stick to pencil drawings and ink line cartoons but this year I decided to no longer fear the colouring in pencils and just get my rainbow on! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I used to be awesome at art but my hands wobble too much now.
I knitted some kittens to hang on my window handle but i took them down for Christmas and have no idea what i did with them

• Heart
I used to be awesome at art but my hands wobble too much now.
I knitted some kittens to hang on my window handle but i took them down for Christmas and have no idea what i did with them
Bless you that must be hard πŸ˜₯ Have you tried painting at all? Thinking because it's larger scale than drawing a picture with a pencil/pen and a bit more free form so wobbly hands might not be such a hurdle to create art?

Because I'm still a beginner and learning/teaching myself as I go all the things I draw/colour in take a stupidly long time and if I'm freehand drawing I don't have the control to draw figures much bigger than 4-5inches high - super artiste I am not πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO: I quite enjoy my scribbling though and I think that's the main thing even if it doesn't always look all that great to anyone else :LOL:

ETA: I've got my completed pictures on a wall and there's 9 total from 2 years worth of scribbling and they are all basically doodles :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Aw knitted kittens! 😻 That's mega! 😁 Got pictures? πŸ™ I Hope you find them! 🀞 🧢🐈

ETA: @Penguin86 remembering what you said about colouring out of the lines the other day, I came across an Aussie artist guy on Youtube who makes fun videos. He sometimes does art challenges where he has to use a colouring in book and make it look really awesome and he is like really well known for basically saying "duck staying in the lines!" :ROFLMAO: (y) πŸ™Œ And his stuff comes out looking really good and you'd never know he'd not coloured in between the lines at the end :)

ETA2: Arg! Forgot to put in his name πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It's Jazza (y) sorry what a numpty I am! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Bless you that must be hard πŸ˜₯ Have you tried painting at all? Thinking because it's larger scale than drawing a picture with a pencil/pen and a bit more free form so wobbly hands might not be such a hurdle to create art?

Because I'm still a beginner and learning/teaching myself as I go all the things I draw/colour in take a stupidly long time and if I'm freehand drawing I don't have the control to draw figures much bigger than 4-5inches high - super artiste I am not πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO: I quite enjoy my scribbling though and I think that's the main thing even if it doesn't always look all that great to anyone else :LOL:

ETA: I've got my completed pictures on a wall and there's 9 total from 2 years worth of scribbling and they are all basically doodles :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Aw knitted kittens! 😻 That's mega! 😁 Got pictures? πŸ™ I Hope you find them! 🀞 🧢🐈

ETA: @Penguin86 remembering what you said about colouring out of the lines the other day, I came across an Aussie artist guy on Youtube who makes fun videos. He sometimes does art challenges where he has to use a colouring in book and make it look really awesome and he is like really well known for basically saying "duck staying in the lines!" :ROFLMAO: (y) πŸ™Œ And his stuff comes out looking really good and you'd never know he'd not coloured in between the lines at the end :)

ETA2: Arg! Forgot to put in his name πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It's Jazza (y) sorry what a numpty I am! :ROFLMAO:
I need to try and get back to it. I have been doing a colouring book.
Here they are 🀣
IMG_20220120_001937_248.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I need to try and get back to it. I have been doing a colouring book.
Here they are 🀣
View attachment 1001216
Ahhh! They are adorable! 😻 🧢 😻 Are they pipe cleaner ears or have you done teeny tiny i-chords? I think I need glasses πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :geek:

Thread title suggestions Feeling Flush or Armitage Shanks R Us? I'm stuck on Turd adjacent titles πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ahhh! They are adorable! 😻 🧢 😻 Are they pipe cleaner ears or have you done teeny tiny i-chords? I think I need glasses πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :geek:

Thread title suggestions Feeling Flush or Armitage Shanks R Us? I'm stuck on Turd adjacent titles πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :LOL:
Pipe cleaner ears. I have a huge drawer full of craft bits 😻

I'm rubbish at picking names

What about Poop Deck like a ship

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.