Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really getting annoyed with the whole “don’t @ me/ I’m entitled to my opinion/ that wasn’t directed at you/ I’m sure I’m going to get jumped on for my unpopular opinion” shite. FFS. Also the Tamika stuff. Such a snooze fest. We def need more material!

I had no idea she was married to him till I looked her up last night! Tom from Succession and Keeley Hawes!
I was watching Still Game as i am want to do and I was like I recognise that fella. Was a cameo by Martin Compston from Line Of Duty he's a massive fan and wanted to be in the final season. He flew over from the Line Of Duty set to film for a day.

I haven't watched it yet it's on my list but the list is long and I know it's fantastic so I will just binge the whole thing 😂😃😂

Reactions: 3
There’s a new series stating on Britbox soon. Hotel Portofino. I am looking forward to a bit of escapism from grey ol January.
Oh bloody hell, can I get this where I live? Please! I love Italy and the Italian coast and would watch this on repeat just for the scenery.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s a new series stating on Britbox soon. Hotel Portofino. I am looking forward to a bit of escapism from grey ol January.
I don't have Britbox, that looks really good. I wish they just had one subscription service for everything! I think Natascha McElhone is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, totally mesmerising.

Agree, especially BIB. Look at all the flack I got for saying people were 'gushing' over Bianca. They absolutely were, I read back through the thread and don't believe that I was overreacting in any way, but instead I was gaslighted (gaslit?) and told that's not what happened at all. I am fairly neutral on BW - saying that we don't know enough about her or her intentions so I want to reserve judgement - and that was taken as me being anti-BW. I'm glad you're back with us. I was a bit worried the other day over something really silly so it's really good to have you back here.

100% agree. And I share your sentiments on those involved in general, which I wouldn't really class an extreme or unreasonable set of opinions...but here we are.

OMG! This! Yes! You took the words out of my mouth.
And what is it with this insistence on evidence to prove an opinion?

I had a quick go through of a few pages of the MT earlier, it was worse than when I left 2 days ago. No idea what's happened since. It looks like a couple of unpleasant characters have shown up though.

I'm now in bed with a hot chocolate :)

I do love this thread and the rapport we've all built.

How was the 'out out?' Did you have a good night?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm looking forward to the itv series Trigger Point with Vicky McClure
That looks good. She is heavily promoting it at the moment. I like her.

I like a series called The Marvellous Mrs Maisel. Set in 1950s New York. Love the humour, the clothes, the colourfulness of it. Series 4 is long awaited. Covid put the kibbosh on it. I need a bit of froth this time of year.

• Heart
OMG! This! Yes! You took the words out of my mouth.
And what is it with this insistence on evidence to prove an opinion?

I had a quick go through of a few pages of the MT earlier, it was worse than when I left 2 days ago. No idea what's happened since. It looks like a couple of unpleasant characters have shown up though.
Hope your dinner was wonderful this evening!!
I think my brain was just fully fried when the conversation was a competition of who would and wouldn’t be upset if their partner cheated, and subsequently invalidating peoples feelings who would be hurt by it? Affairs suck, people get hurt by it, but everybody can find some reasoning as to why they happen, whether than be to absolve yourself of guilt or to make the blow less heavy if it happens to you. Just EURGH.

• Heart
Oh bloody hell, can I get this where I live? Please! I love Italy and the Italian coast and would watch this on repeat just for the scenery.
I haven’t a clue about the extra channels. I asked my husband if we had it, he said yes. A result! It is due to be shown on ITV in 2023 IG’s you don’t have it. I often watch stuff for the scenery. I watched Bradley Walsh and his son’s show tonight, purely for the Croatian scenery.

That looks good. She is heavily promoting it at the moment. I like her.

I like a series called The Marvellous Mrs Maisel. Set in 1950s New York. Love the humour, the clothes, the colourfulness of it. Series 4 is long awaited. Covid put the kibbosh on it. I need a bit of froth this time of year.
I'm don't tend to watch a lot of period stuff but I really really love the costumes! ❤ I'd hate to be an actor but think it would be amazing to get to wear the outfits (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think my brain was just fully fried when the conversation was a competition of who would and wouldn’t be upset if their partner cheated, and subsequently invalidating peoples feelings who would be hurt by it? Affairs suck, people get hurt by it, but everybody can find some reasoning as to why they happen, whether than be to absolve yourself of guilt or to make the blow less heavy if it happens to you. Just EURGH.
It was lovely, thank you! We didn't stay out as long as intended but we did have dinner and walk along the river. We were going to go a friend's thing in Covent Garden but we just weren't in the mood for it in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm don't tend to watch a lot of period stuff but I really really love the costumes! ❤ I'd hate to be an actor but think it would be amazing to get to wear the outfits (y)
In the Marvellous Mrs M I just love the costumes. You need a waist though. Boy do you need a waist.

• Haha
Forgot to say! Tell me about these musical notes 😂 what are you trying to do? Are you trying to make your notes into crochets, minims etc? You can easily work it out if you look up a simple guide to note writing grade one to two.

Or tell me what your trying to do and I can try help. I'm a grade 8 opera singer but I mostly sight sing these days and haven't written in a whillllleeeee 😂

• Heart

Re spoiler:
Yeah that whole thing was....odd. Really odd.

@Ena Sharples I really enjoy your posts and you put your point across well and fairly I think! I know what you mean it’s only as I’ve got older I’ve been less afraid to voice my opinion.

Ughhh I tried replying to everyone else but it all got deleted :( I need to go to sleep now… stingy eyes.

Will try again tomorrow!
❤

• Heart
In the Marvellous Mrs M I just love the costumes. You need a waist though. Boy do you need a waist.
:ROFLMAO: I'm a bit on the smaller side but even I'd need squeezed with serious corsetry to achieve that look! :eek: I actually have a middle to my body... and ribs... like most people ;) :ROFLMAO:

They always make them look like they are 3" wide around the midriff, think it's an impressive (if that's the right word) combo of really well cut and made costumes, corsetry, teeny tiny actresses who would blow away in a moderate wind and post production black magic ;)

Really gorgeous costume design is such a treat for me when I watch something though (y) It makes me wish I could make clothes sometimes!

Forgot to say! Tell me about these musical notes 😂 what are you trying to do? Are you trying to make your notes into crochets, minims etc? You can easily work it out if you look up a simple guide to note writing grade one to two.

Or tell me what your trying to do and I can try help. I'm a grade 8 opera singer but I mostly sight sing these days and haven't written in a whillllleeeee 😂
BIB yes I think this is what I'm trying to do (y) Sorry I haven't done music since secondary school so I've forgotten all the terms :ROFLMAO:

If I wasn't such a truly shite singer I'd record myself singing it and try and upload it for you, but I'm cracky and breathy and off key so it wouldn't sound like it was supposed to anyway :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh wow you get more fascinating by the day! 😍 Criminologist Opera singer would make a cool detective mystery drama premise! 😄

@Ena Sharples I really enjoy your posts and you put your point across well and fairly I think! I know what you mean it’s only as I’ve got older I’ve been less afraid to voice my opinion.

Ughhh I tried replying to everyone else but it all got deleted :( I need to go to sleep now… stingy eyes.

Will try again tomorrow!
❤
BIB I did that the other day too and it's really frustrating isn't it 😓 ❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
:ROFLMAO: I'm a bit on the smaller side but even I'd need squeezed with serious corsetry to achieve that look! :eek: I actually have a middle to my body... and ribs... like most people ;) :ROFLMAO:

They always make them look like they are 3" wide around the midriff, think it's an impressive (if that's the right word) combo of really well cut and made costumes, corsetry, teeny tiny actresses who would blow away in a moderate wind and post production black magic ;)

Really gorgeous costume design is such a treat for me when I watch something though (y) It makes me wish I could make clothes sometimes!

BIB yes I think this is what I'm trying to do (y) Sorry I haven't done music since secondary school so I've forgotten all the terms :ROFLMAO:

If I wasn't such a truly shite singer I'd record myself singing it and try and upload it for you, but I'm cracky and breathy and off key so it wouldn't sound like it was supposed to anyway :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh wow you get more fascinating by the day! 😍 Criminologist Opera singer would make a cool detective mystery drama premise! 😄

BIB I did that the other day too and it's really frustrating isn't it 😓 ❤
I'm going to sleep soon (apparently) as I have to get up early to see the guests off tomorrow.I have put on my task list for tomorrow to remember and find you the best thing to use to transpose what you have into music 😜😂 we shall get it done! Have been singing Opera for over thirty years though I don't do it professionally anymore just for fun! Fingers crossed there will be a community choir when life is allowed to happen again.

• Heart
I'm going to sleep soon (apparently) as I have to get up early to see the guests off tomorrow.I have put on my task list for tomorrow to remember and find you the best thing to use to transpose what you have into music 😜😂 we shall get it done! Have been singing Opera for over thirty years though I don't do it professionally anymore just for fun! Fingers crossed there will be a community choir when life is allowed to happen again.
Aw that's really sweet of you thank you ❤ It's such a silly thing but it's kept me occupied today :ROFLMAO:
I've taken a picture of what I've done so far, it's literally just the first verse ha ha! I'm sorry my writing isn't very easy to read and it's not particularly neatly set out in general 🤦‍♀️ I think you'll get what I was going for though (y)
Tbh I want to tweak it coz I'm not overly happy with it yet :rolleyes: :LOL: I think this is the first time I've tried to do this since I was about 13/14 and it definitely wasn't my favourite part of music classes then either :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1651.JPG

That's really cool! ❤ Keeping my fingers crossed for your community choir starting up again too! 🤞
I imagine it might not work doing it over zoom so well?

I'm sure we had another choir singer in the first thread was it Junebug? Anyone seen her about lately? I can't remember her exact username so a bit 😬 about tagging anyone in case I tag the wrong Junebug :LOL:

ETA: Also noticed tonight that the treble clef in the first bar thing on every page! is in the wrong place... which confused me for faaar too long :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
I haven’t a clue about the extra channels. I asked my husband if we had it, he said yes. A result! It is due to be shown on ITV in 2023 IG’s you don’t have it. I often watch stuff for the scenery. I watched Bradley Walsh and his son’s show tonight, purely for the Croatian scenery.
I watch so much stuff just for the scenery. I even managed
I watch so much stuff just for the scenery. Don't judge me but I even managed to sit through about 30 minutes of Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo just for the one shot they kept showing of a canal boat in Amsterdam.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.