Tattle life and poor journalism

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of the articles this week have been laughable how inaccurate they are. I know staff writers at papers are under pressure to churn out words but there's no fact checking or even basic diligence. They've decided tattle life is this horrific dark web site despite it being not as bad as most of their own comment sections.

Even the i started off an article with this:

Hateful comments, vicious trolling and dangerous doxxing – the online forum Tattle Life is basically everything that’s bad about the internet all in one place.

Dispite there being no doxxing here (unlike other forums, Twitter and Reddit), no hateful content (saying you don't like someone's coat is not hate speech) and no trolling (as this is targeting someone in their feed to upset them, not gossip on a site thats easy to ignore that you have to make an effort to go and read.) Anyone that encourages trolling on someone's feed is banned as a core rule is "keep it on tattle", but I guess tattle is an easy target for the media and all infuencers to blame everything on?

The sun was "users of the site are even calling Harry and Meghan narcissistic." Can't they see the ridiculous irony with these trolling claims?

Reactions: 17
They need a narrative that makes you click, apparently if the truth isn’t enough you can embellish it.

I’ve noticed it’s happening across social media as a whole now.

Journalists are reporting Chinese whispers as facts,
Instagram users are putting a spin on a story so it gets them comments and likes, and the media are accepting that as fact and running with it.

It’s hilarious that THAT is exactly what this site is trying to put a stop to,
the lies of influencers and how it’s impacting others 😐

Ignore that we are one of the few places discussing an influencer trying to make inappropriate contact with basic children, getting family members to “troll” the young girls he’s tried to contact, ALL while his family have a million subs and earn money from Youtube,
Forget the influencers who are giving their kids cold showers, or the ones who are accepting PayPal donations with no indication of where the money is going 🤷‍♀️
That would require a journalist to do some work and investigate it themselves.

“Hate” and “trolling” sells.
That’s why the “target” and the “journalist” runs with this twisted story.

we call Megan narcissistic,
whoever is offended by that needs to keep away from the DM comments section when they run a story on her.

I would love if a journalist (who happens to find themselves on here) would do an accurate “review” of this site.
Yes at times it banter, maybe sometimes users go too far 🤷‍♀️ But look a bit deeper, look at the Ingham’s allegations, the SJ threads, Sali Hughes thread away from her twisted, beneficial narrative.

The MOD/FOD thread which ironically shows more sympathy for her situation than her own “friends” do

it’s easy to copy and paste a narrative.
Easy but sloppy.

that was a rant 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You've said it far better than I could!

Journalism really is down the sink, circulation is falling every year and they never invest in a story. Just a quick half assed article with a deceptive title to get the clicks then on to the next story to butcher.

Reactions: 5
Journalism used to be a worthy career, you told stories that changed the world and educated people.

Nowadays its all about clicks, so many articles are clickbait and filled with crap skimmed off social media. Particularly online media outlets which just copy and paste a handful of tweets and regurgitate the reaction as outrage or whatever. Its lazy, cheap and lacking any form of credibility. No research, no groundbreaking story and the dumbing down of news to the lowest common denominator of crap.

Reactions: 6
When articles are written mentioning Tattle life, do these ‘journalists’ contact Tattle for their view/to see how accurate the story is/verify details?

Yel

This quote from the sun is dumb

And the online personalities most frequently under attack are – naturally – the ones doing the best.

No, it's the shadiest. Out of all the influencers making vast amounts of money only a handful have long threads.

When articles are written mentioning Tattle life, do these ‘journalists’ contact Tattle for their view/to see how accurate the story is/verify details?
I think admin just gives them all the same reply. They've decided what their story will be from the start and only want what they can use for their narrative.

Reactions: 2
If they think Tattle is bad...imagine the hand-wringing if they ventured onto somewhere like Kiwi Farms.

The Sun article has basically the same headline I used to see when searching for GOMI.