Tattle instead of social media??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bare with.. first thread I've started.. EVER!!

Since finding this site I've become hooked!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I've since figured out that I enjoy reading thread upon thread rather than scrolling FB or Insta. Haven't had a FB account for years after seeing too many people I know posting false things ie. Homelife etc and I've distanced myself from Insta after all of the influencers being exposed one by one.

Tattle.life now feels like its where I belong! Used to love scrolling mumsnet threads as well. My fave ones were the most ridiculous AIBU tales πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Anyone else being like me?? Preferring this site to SM?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I've since figured out that I enjoy reading thread upon thread rather than scrolling FB or Insta. Haven't had a FB account for years after seeing too many people I know posting false things ie. Homelife etc and I've distanced myself from Insta after all of the influencers being exposed one by one.

Tattle.life now feels like its where I belong! Used to love scrolling mumsnet threads as well. My fave ones were the most ridiculous AIBU tales πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I’m hooked too - although you are all far too slow posting for my liking!!! 🀣🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m hooked too - although you are all far too slow posting for my liking!!! 🀣🀣
Haha!! Yeah sometimes I'm constantly refreshing for any updates. Just love sitting here reading. Work breaks, school run, tv watching, with my morning coffee and in even bed πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8

What's SM? X

Yep! I only discovered tattle a couple of days ago and I can't stop reading!
I thought everything I was 'feeling' was personal to me, now I can see there are a whole load of like minded people out there, we can't all be wrong 🀣
Some of the posts are laugh out loud funny, which when I try to explain to my husband, he just doesn't get!!

Reactions: 1
Social media is so overrated. It's vapid, shalow and just an excuse to mine your data and sell you stuff.

It's addictive to keep scrolling ever hopeful to come across something good that released endorphins to stimulate pleasure, but ultimately it's very unfulfilling and I've no desire to share my private life for validation.

Forums are better for me as it's more in depth and your not at the mercy of an algorithm choosing something. Tattle is especially good as it uses your critical thinking and people working together to uncover lies.

I do like youtube thesedays as on my TV get decent recommendations to watch mostly 20-30 min long well thought out and researched documentaries. No desire to watch the basic lazy gleam or channel mum content. But facebook and Instagram are the worst.

Reactions: 3
Facebook seems to be full of idiots that have no brain or unable to think for themselves . Or rescues, in the loosest sense of the word, stealing other people's animals.

In my frame of mind at the moment I really shouldn't be on SM lol

Yep! I only discovered tattle a couple of days ago and I can't stop reading!
I thought everything I was 'feeling' was personal to me, now I can see there are a whole load of like minded people out there, we can't all be wrong 🀣
Some of the posts are laugh out loud funny, which when I try to explain to my husband, he just doesn't get!!
Well I've struggled a lot the last few days with Tattle... the speed some threads have moved at 😳

Tattle for me has been an eye opener and I think it has for many which is why the so called β€œinfluencers” are a bit riled up
About it

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Social media is so overrated. It's vapid, shalow and just an excuse to mine your data and sell you stuff.

It's addictive to keep scrolling ever hopeful to come across something good that released endorphins to stimulate pleasure, but ultimately it's very unfulfilling and I've no desire to share my private life for validation.

Forums are better for me as it's more in depth and your not at the mercy of an algorithm choosing something. Tattle is especially good as it uses your critical thinking and people working together to uncover lies.

I do like youtube thesedays as on my TV get decent recommendations to watch mostly 20-30 min long well thought out and researched documentaries. No desire to watch the basic lazy gleam or channel mum content. But facebook and Instagram are the worst.
I do love a forum! I can sit and just peruse them for as long as I like. Stop reading and then come back right where I left off!!

Facebook seems to be full of idiots that have no brain or unable to think for themselves . Or rescues, in the loosest sense of the word, stealing other people's animals.

In my frame of mind at the moment I really shouldn't be on SM lol
I attempted to go back to my deactivated Facebook and lasted mere hours.. that thing has been scheduled to be deleted permanently now!!! Just couldn't stand and the fakeness and false pretences from people who I know are faking it, yet they expect you to like or love their posts to support them πŸ€₯

I don’t follow very many people, they are mostly artists, Cooks, designers or travellers, but I’ve been ruthlessly culling. I hate it when people go on holiday and just post story after story of their meals or day trips. It’s a brag fest.. I hadn’t heard of most of these influencers either before I joined here. I really wonder why people follow so many irritating people. Also, I heard Candice Braithwaite on Women’s Hour extra today, talking about crappy maternal care for WoC. Anyone else?

Imo Instagram is the most dangerous of all social media platforms, twitter is bitchy as hell but it has its uses.
I see nothing of value when it comes to Instagram.
It’s a platform to advertise now.
Even Tracy with the twins who works in Asda fills her grid with visual lies πŸ˜‚
Tracy probably edits her images from her weekend with the family sitting in the staff room eating her home made cheese sandwich while pretending she’s off to an exciting meeting in London 😐
You’re not Tracy... you’re off to do clean up in isle 2.

I can’t get on board with it anymore and I deleted Facebook long ago.
I prefer the conversations and banter I find here. Nobody has to prove anything to anyone and everyone is equal 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I only joined FB 2.5 years ago to research Natural Care for Animals. I hav3 had to take three separate breaks from it, each lasting three to four months.

Reactions: 1
Seems I'm in the minority here! [emoji85][emoji85] I love Tattle to bits, but I love Ig just as much. If it wasn't for Ig, Tattle would be hugely missing out on juicy content!! [emoji23][emoji23] Most of the times I can't be arsed watching ridiculously long vlogs, so I turn to Ig to see what bollocks those idiots are up to!
Also, it is absolutely incredible in the sense that you get to connect with people who do do the most extraordinary things.
I follow lots of explorers from all corners of the earth and it's so exciting getting to follow their adventures in the most remote places as they actually happen.
Ig is only toxic if you let it be. If you don't follow people who make you feel crap about herself and instead follow inspiring people who you can learn valuable lessons from, who visit places and do things you know you never will, then it's simply brilliant!!!

Reactions: 4
Interesting, and good, to see the numbers increasing on Tattle. Don't much like the name, think it does it a disservice, but it really is the antidote to Insta bollocks.
There are many wonderful, engaging Insta accounts..... and then there are the Insta sellers, the ones who promote emotional insecurity to build their next sale on, the ones who manipulate their comments to remove dissent, who shamelessly deceive about their advertising deals and, of course, those who shill their children.
I am somewhere in the middle I guess. I like engagement so like a forum but I also enjoy the better Instagrammers...... and coming here to call out the shameless ones.

Reactions: 2