Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sad to see the next one has David Baddiel in it who I can't stand. He is an awful pompous know all.
Can’t wait for the next series because Ed Gamble is in it and I love him, he’s really great stand up (His Amazon Prime special is well worth a watch) and, let’s be honest, I think he’s very attractive to me. 😂😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched the first episode of the new series and am hoping that I can warm to the contestants a bit more. I wasn’t even sure I’d bother with this series as Jo Brand and David Baddiel have both always struck me as smug, obnoxious prats.
I think that Ed Gamble and Katy will be amusing as they seem happy to make fools of themselves, I’m still undecided about Rose Matafeo.

35854E55-E320-43BB-A4D3-F648C9003DA5.jpeg

I love Ed Gamble, Katy and Rose could be good, Jo I’m ambivalent about so far, and David Baddiel I’ve decided I don’t like already.

Reactions: 1
I love Ed Gamble, Katy and Rose could be good, Jo I’m ambivalent about so far, and David Baddiel I’ve decided I don’t like already.
David Baddiel is a prat. He is awful on Twitter. Thinks he is far cleverer and funnier than he is, and is incredibly thin skinned and unpleasant.

Reactions: 2
Is it me or is it all a bit lacklustre so far?
Yehh I wasn’t sure if it’s because I’m not familiar with Ed, Rose etc and then jo brand and David have never appealed to me, normally there’s always someone i warm too, nevertheless, the tasks I always think are genius!

I love this prof although I’ve not seen the latest series. Not sure I’ll bother judging by the comments 😂

David Baddiel and Jo Brand seem to be dragging it down for me this series. I love Ed Gamble. Katy seems to be hilarious, and Rose is good, somebody I’ve never heard of.

Richard Herrings gonna ruin it for me 😭

but Daisy May Cooper AND Katherine Parkinson 😍

Richard Herrings gonna ruin it for me 😭

but Daisy May Cooper AND Katherine Parkinson 😍
Rumours have been swirling for a while about Herring being on it. He tweeted at the start of lockdown he was filming for something and it had to be halted. I'm not sure how he'll be on it.

Vegas I think will either be amazing or dominate it so much it'll be annoying to watch him, I'm not sure which.

Despite the channel switch, Davies and Horne have retained control so I hope that the format/feel stays unchanged.

Rumours have been swirling for a while about Herring being on it. He tweeted at the start of lockdown he was filming for something and it had to be halted. I'm not sure how he'll be on it.

Vegas I think will either be amazing or dominate it so much it'll be annoying to watch him, I'm not sure which.

Despite the channel switch, Davies and Horne have retained control so I hope that the format/feel stays unchanged.
yeah he was always gonna be on it eventually he’s been hinting for so long 🤣 the mans desperate. I think Johnny Vegas will be good he seems a bit more mellow these days haha

I know Richard Herring, absolutely no idea who any of the others are....
Really? Katherine Parkinson probably best known in comedy for IT Crowd. Daisy for This Country and Johnny Vegas has been around years been in tonnes of stuff. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it they’re all very funny. Apart from RH who I cannot stand 🤣

I LOVE taskmaster! But yeah i am never sure when they announce a line up, but always enjoy it when i watch it! Katherine Parkinson will be fun i bet and i did National Youth Theatre with Mawaan like 10 years ago now... He was funny and likeable then and the stuff he's done after has been too, so i think he might grow on those who don't know him.

Reactions: 3
New series, don't know 4/5 of the contestants.

Nice to have a bit of male eye candy in Mawaan Rizwan. Know nothing about him, but best looking bloke since Ed Gamble. Now I just hope he is good.

I love taskmaster!!! I love daisy May copper. Hope it’s a good series!

Well that was delightfully shambolic.

Daisy May is good TV.

Mawaan Rizwan might just be the most precious bean ever. He is just so happy to be on Taskmaster and is trying so hard to do the clever thing and the mess it ends up being might just be so endearing to me.

Richard hasn't really registered with me yet.

Katherine and Johnny still need more time for me to decide my feelings, but I'm liking them overall.

I think it was a bit of a shambles overall with the failure rate, but hey, that's what Taskmaster is all about.

I really enjoyed it! It was such a nice distraction from covid, I laughed out loud throughout!

Really enjoyed this. Caught up with some of the previous series on Dave over lockdown. Great escapism.

Rarely for me I'm also liking all of the lineup so far.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.