TarMar (Irish blogger living in NYC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TarMar is literally the only Irish influencer I can bare tbh. I think she has a cool vibe about her. Sorry but I find most Irish influencers to be incredibly basic and kinda fiat 500 (as much as I dislike that term)

Reactions: 9
I had to unfollow TarMar during lockdown, I found her content particularly boring! I just wasn't into the constant 'arty' pics, her dancing around the loft and getting iced coffee and sandwiches from La Cantine!

Reactions: 12
I had to unfollow TarMar during lockdown, I found her content particularly boring! I just wasn't into the constant 'arty' pics, her dancing around the loft and getting iced coffee and sandwiches from La Cantine!
To be fair I'm a fairly new viewer, I may well go the same way as you 😂

Reactions: 2
She broke up with the boyfriend - uploaded a video saying this, then took it down and reuploaded the video with that clip cut out.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
What did she say in the video? I only saw the edited version and suspected it was a breakup. Crazy as they’ve gone out for about 10 years I think!

Reactions: 7
I’ve kept up with Tar on and off for probably the last 5ish years or so. Can’t believe she’s broken up with her Bf! Covid really has been tough on relationships even the more stable seeming/long term ones. I also missed the unedited vlog but I assumed something was up from how she basically stopped mentioning him and also I did notice she’d lost weight (which ofc doesn’t necessarily mean anything but can also be ‘an end of relationship’ tell).

Very bizarre to think this about a stranger I know but I always did think it was a bit of a shame for her to be living this super exciting independent New York lifestyle whilst having to balance a long distance relationship. I know her bf did eventually move in with her but idk I always felt like enjoying your 20s as a single gal in NYC would be the dream and she was missing out haha. Also I’m super curious about her financial situation. I remember all the vlogs she’s done about apartment hunting and people would always comment in shock about how she could afford 2500 usd a month and she’d always reply that she’s splitting it with her bf (I guess to seem more relatable). But it doesn’t look like she’s moving anytime soon so she can obviously afford to cover the rent on her own. She’s a low to medium level influencer so honestly I’ve never understood how she affords the lifestyle she has.

Wow shocked they broke up. They seemed to be a great team when they were doing up the loft together. I've often wondered about her income, I'm pretty sure she's not a silver spooner though.

Reactions: 4
Wow shocked they broke up. They seemed to be a great team when they were doing up the loft together. I've often wondered about her income, I'm pretty sure she's not a silver spooner though.
same! like nothing about her has ever screamed trust fund baby but at the same time I just can’t square it in my head. I’ve been watching her for years and can’t think of anything she does outside of social media, but she just doesn’t have the followers/viewership to fund such a lifestyle in one of the worlds most expensive cites...

Reactions: 5
What did she say in the video? I only saw the edited version and suspected it was a breakup. Crazy as they’ve gone out for about 10 years I think!
she said people had been asking and she confirmed that she had recently become single but didn’t want to go into specifics out of respect for the other person in the relationship. And she chatted a bit about how it has been a hard few weeks and she’s doing self care and self reflection etc to get through it.

cathal only came over on a one year J1 graduate visa I remember, then he started working for her - I wonder if it was some sort of staying on on a tourist visa or she was able to do an o2 (what Kaelin fox has) where you are an assistant to a freelancer on an O1 visa. He had to go back to Ireland a few months ago and now all work visas are frozen so he has no way of applying for a visa or even coming on holiday to the US. If she leaves the US she won’t be able to get back in even on her valid work visa. She also doesn’t have that long left on her visa if I remember correctly and was in the process of applying for a renewal. So I guess that whole situation might have put a death knell in the relationship.

She mentioned work had dried up for a while and obviously she has to front all the rent for the loft now, and won’t be making anything on renting it out.

she had a great attitude during covid and really tried to put out a positive vibe, and even when cathal went home initially cos his visa was up she was very ‘glass half full’ about it and conscious of not complaining on camera, which made me like her I have to say

Very surprised they broke up, he was an architect right?
and didn’t she plan to return to Ireland in 2021?

I don’t dislike Tara, but I find her vlogs boring lately, and that fake “Brooklyn bish“ accent she does drives me crazy.
I obviously skipped so many I didn’t realise he‘d gone back home 🤣

Reactions: 4
Very surprised they broke up, he was an architect right?
and didn’t she plan to return to Ireland in 2021?

I don’t dislike Tara, but I find her vlogs boring lately, and that fake “Brooklyn bish“ accent she does drives me crazy.
I obviously skipped so many I didn’t realise he‘d gone back home 🤣
that was initially what she was saying for ages and then she wanted to reapply for the visa, hence why they invested in that loft etc.

if she could just calm down a bit with the ‘vibes’ it would shake off the annoyingness. She is a bit lazy as well with content but seems to have gotten better lately.

Reactions: 6
Oh wow. I haven't watched her (or really wanted to) since she got money from Puma to mention their brand on her vlog/infomercial, and boy did she ever. If I had a nickel for ever time she mentioned Puma in even 5 minutes of that vlog episode, I would be able to afford a five bedroom apartment in the UWS!! It was such a turn off that I snarled "tough it out sister and get a boring "real" job like the rest of us" before clicking away from the episode and I haven't really been able to feel good about her channel since. I tried to, I truly did because there is definitely something likable about her. She has such a winning, on air persona, and that may be the problem. Youtube just took off and changed from a means to connect with other people with similar interests and became Network TV 2.0 with all the insistent and intrusive ads once they realized people would throw money at them to invade our minds with their stuff. TarMar seemed more like an old school YouTuber, at heart, but the new reality and the glittering Cha-CHINGery of it all just got to her. Yeah, sure once you wave big money the soul of the thing will be killed. But her amiability and seeming sincerity implied that she wasn't a one note shill trying to score PR boxes and money from sponsors. That made it extremely unpleasant when her kindly manner seemed less her personality and more a lure to get into my bank account. Well, I wish her luck in NY now. Things have really changed here after the lockdown.

Reactions: 1
I never followed her just looked at videos now and then but just looked at the ex boyfriends Instagram and some of his photos are amazing. It's sad that people with actual talent like him that use Instagram for what it was originally supposed to be (a photo sharing app) have so few followers but influencers with boring content who just use the app to make money have thousands!

Reactions: 7
I never followed her just looked at videos now and then but just looked at the ex boyfriends Instagram and some of his photos are amazing. It's sad that people with actual talent like him that use Instagram for what it was originally supposed to be (a photo sharing app) have so few followers but influencers with boring content who just use the app to make money have thousands!
Yeah I looked him up out of interest and his photos are great!

Reactions: 2
wow I am super surprised they have broken up when they stayed together for so many years long distance etc. that must have been so hard... to then eventually break up years and years later they seemed in it for the long haul.

Reactions: 1
I haven't been following her for long but knew my fondness for her would be short-lived. Can she go a single day without saying BiG LiBrA eNeRgY?? I also can't look at her incessant posting of her looking extremely sweaty... posing provocatively with sweat literally dripping off her 🤢 She looks unwashed all the time

• Haha
i followed her since she had a blog she used to be interesting and have interesting style. she would vlog about her fashion design degree etc. now she is just annoying and vapid. unfollowed long time ago.

Reactions: 3
Used to follow, unfollowed a few months ago..she's beyond irritating. Since being friends with Ruthyruby she's clearly trying to emulate her (that girl seems to have natural charisma!) And TarMar is trying to do this weird sexy-cool vibe like RR but she's coming off as hella annoying and makes one hell of a smug face. Cannot look at it! YA GIRL got you with the outfit info!! AF LINKS out the WAZOO. I get the feeling she's a total miser as well.

wow I am super surprised they have broken up when they stayed together for so many years long distance etc. that must have been so hard... to then eventually break up years and years later they seemed in it for the long haul.
Probably didn't have the energy to do long distance (again) would not be shocked if they settle down together one day, unless something major happened.

Since being friends with Ruthyruby she's clearly trying to emulate her (that girl seems to have natural charisma!)
Am I alone in saying that I can't stand RuthyRuby? There is something so off about her as well like she's trying to give off faux Parisian chic x Sex and the City "vibes" it just seems so goofy to me. Her style isn't exactly groundbreaking either imho

Reactions: 19