TarMar (Irish blogger living in NYC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sick of her constant use of “my mans”…. Like she tries soooo hard and it comes off as so pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So sick of her constant use of “my mans”…. Like she tries soooo hard and it comes off as so pathetic
She is an awful one for appropriating African American vernacular. Sick of the "my mans" "your gurl" "hittin' different" and the "I do be" usage from a girl who grew up in Cork.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She is an awful one for appropriating African American vernacular. Sick of the "my mans" "your gurl" "hittin' different" and the "I do be" usage from a girl who grew up in Cork.
Agree with the first three, defo appropriation and sounds off given the rest of how she speaks.

"I do be" is a pretty common thing amongst irish people though, it stems from the irish language - i do be at it myself all the time tbh!

Reactions: 8
Yesss, she loves putting on a blaccent!! I don’t think I’ve ever even seen her with any friends who are black, so not like she’s picking up on mannerisms or phrases from friends! And agree with the other commenter who said “do be” is quite common amongst Irish but I do feel the way Tara uses it and with the accent she puts on when saying it is definitely not how most Irish people use that phrase

Reactions: 7
Yesss, she loves putting on a blaccent!! I don’t think I’ve ever even seen her with any friends who are black, so not like she’s picking up on mannerisms or phrases from friends! And agree with the other commenter who said “do be” is quite common amongst Irish but I do feel the way Tara uses it and with the accent she puts on when saying it is definitely not how most Irish people use that phrase
Yeah was about to say that it's definitely an Irish thing but she definitely doesn't say it in the Irish way at all. It makes me cringe so hard every time she speaks like that.

Reactions: 4
I’ve seen my doctor more than she’s seen ‘her mans’…. Hahaha I wonder could I make a few IG posts with him??
And so much for not putting him online, I’ve seen more of him than her ex who lived with her ffs!!

Reactions: 8
Yah and he is the image of her ex. I thought she would upgrade.

Guess her fella didn't move to china in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yah and he is the image of her ex. I thought she would upgrade.

Guess her fella didn't move to china in the end.
Nah he isn’t really tho, Ive seen her ex and they look nothing a like, except the beard… which he doesn’t have anyways haha

Had to roll my eyes at her stories. “De-vovling” because her life isn’t as aesthetic in a dressing gown at her parents house compared to her prancing around in that soulless Brooklyn loft drinking iced coffee.

And her drive and inspiration to do what exactly?? A moment of silence for her lack of motivation to post lovers sunday photos on her stories or harp on about manifestation and mercury in retrograde.

F4F97F2E-2C1B-4758-AC93-610C771A6488.jpeg

49333C5F-90F0-4040-941F-0B26454343B0.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wasn't she talking about buying property here and isn't her boyfriend the most Irish-looking fella you could get? You're not above Ireland girlie.

Fairly sure you have the same Nespresso machine in NY, I'm so sorry it's not the same vibe in Ireland.

Reactions: 20
Yessss, found those dressing gown stories so condescending! Like you think being in Ireland is a regression, yet all her friends/boyfriends are Irish?!

Reactions: 22
What a snob. Imagine thinking you’re better than a whole country simply because you moved to a foreign city.
As cherrytreex’s spot on post above said, why would she need to be in New York to post any of her usual shite?
It’s like she’s 18 and has moved away for the first time and now thinks she’s above her hometown. Except she’s 29 and seems to think no one in Ireland could imagine what New York is like. Eyeroll.

Reactions: 14
"Devolving" is such a horrible word to use, so insulting to her parents, friends and her Irish audience. Useless bint!

Reactions: 19
Yeah she some snob.

Aother hilarious thing is she just lives in NYC. Another country that speaks English and has similar culture to Ireland.

Reactions: 5
Yeah she some snob.

Aother hilarious thing is she just lives in NYC. Another country that speaks English and has similar culture to Ireland.
And she barely lives there. Going out getting iced coffee and spending all day in your loft isn't exactly living. She could emulate that lifestyle in any place in the world

Reactions: 11
Really says more about her personality and creativity if she’s openly saying she’s tit at her “job” and can only “produce content” when it’s handed to her on a plate.

NYC try hard woke gal,
ya girl is ten a penny in NYC. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah that's a good point. She just uses NYC as her content... there's nothing else to her content.

She actually used to work hard at fashion videos etc. years ago and make decent content. Even when she first moved to NY her content was fairly varied and she put effort in.

Yeah that's a good point. She just uses NYC as her content... there's nothing else to her content.

She actually used to work hard at fashion videos etc. years ago and make decent content. Even when she first moved to NY her content was fairly varied and she put effort in.
Yes, she genuinely seemed to be trying to make it work in NYC, she was interning, she was making videos of her style, her vlogs were busy, her apartment was basic, it felt inspiring. I really liked her back then. Now she is a carbon copy of her friend Ruthy Ruby, has no personality outside of iced coffee, Mercury in retrograde, and " lovers Sunday ". It is tragic.

No offence to anyone but she looks like she smells and smokes weed all day while burning incense and talking to fellow stoners about books that she’s never read, or that bleeping Rupi Kaur book of pomes

• Haha
Reactions: 9