TarMar (Irish blogger living in NYC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I alone in saying that I can't stand RuthyRuby? There is something so off about her as well like she's trying to give off faux Parisian chic x Sex and the City "vibes" it just seems so goofy to me. Her style isn't exactly groundbreaking either imho
I like her, as I think there's something genuine about her but I couldn't follow her insta, it'd be too much for me :ROFLMAO: When I see her online in articles from time to time I'm like ah, she's enthusiastic and positive. The vibe stuff though, I cannot stand it. 'Such a vibe' 'VIBE!' 'you are a vibe' Stop trying to make fetch happen. Yeesh.

Reactions: 1
Am I alone in saying that I can't stand RuthyRuby? There is something so off about her as well like she's trying to give off faux Parisian chic x Sex and the City "vibes" it just seems so goofy to me. Her style isn't exactly groundbreaking either imho
They're two stunning girls but I couldn't cope with the constant astrology talk and manifesting and vibezzzz

I do like their sense of style and the music and art they both shared but I unfollowed both because if I heard mercury retrograde one more time I was about to bash my head off a wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They're two stunning girls but I couldn't cope with the constant astrology talk and manifesting and vibezzzz

I do like their sense of style and the music and art they both shared but I unfollowed both because if I heard mercury retrograde one more time I was about to bash my head off a wall.
Nothing like blaming MIR for all the shite you cause for yourself in life. So not a vibe! Agree on stunning mind you! Tara just melts. Your online lover? Don't make me vom on my Libras

Reactions: 2
ruthy Ruby is soooo cringe. I had to refollow her cos her insta feed is so mortifying and funny

Reactions: 3
I don't follow ruthy Ruby she seems grand but I find her a little annoying 😂😂. Not into her style either. And yes tara has changed her style to be more like Ruth but I guess it's normal friends influence each other's style.

I never followed Ruth but I find her face extremely annoying to look at when she pops up in Tar's content 😬
I also can't tell her apart from her other friend Edele lol

I've followed Tara since she was doing her Leaving Cert which is mad to think. I moved to NYC myself six years ago and really enjoyed watching her do the real-life NYC struggle in a shite apartment with no mates (unlike the Fox sisters) just after I'd moved over. She ended up moving up the road from me in Brooklyn and I'd see her around doing her bits. Our lives were/are very similar so it was fun to watch but I've honestly been driven up the wall by how "unique" she's been making herself out to be with her style/astrology when she has literally just turned into a clone of the standard Williamsburg/Bushwick girl. There's about a million Taras walking around in vintage Levis and crop tops, sipping on iced lattes from La Cantine, and talking about their "rising signs." All of this "ya girl" and appropriation of African American vernacular makes me cringe so so much too. I do feel very bad for the break up though. I bet she's raging she spent all of these years in NYC in a long-distance relationship that didn't work out when she could have been out on the dating scene. There is truly nothing like being single in your 20s in New York so I really hope she makes the most of her time left here before her visa runs out and she can't renew it.

Reactions: 14
Idk I found her really unrelatable when she moved to NYC. I was so confused why a young girl wanted to live in the upper east side. I thought she was more interesting than that lol. I was also really surprised she could afford to live in an apartment by herself from the get go and not share. Her content just started to be about her eating pastries and drinking coffee every day. All her vlogs were called doing XYZ in NYC but she would rarely do anything interesting. Thats around when I unsubscribed.

She used to have a more interesting style also she would take risks and play around with her style. Now it's meh.

Reactions: 8
I don't get her schitck at all, she is just so bland
Depends on your taste I guess, there are many others like her too! It's all a bit blaaahh and all about aesthetic. I'm a long time viewer and I'd like to see more of the business side of things rather than iced coffee day in and day out.

why did she go to Cali during the wildfires 🙃
I was wondering the same thing! It looked so smoggy in her photos. I get that she's been stuck in Brooklyn for the entire pandemic (me too) but heading across the country during COVID just seems insanely reckless to me. The numbers have been going up in Lake Tahoe and they're saying visitors are partly to blame. I really wish everyone could just suck it up and stay put till this thing is over. I know it's frustrating but there are worse things than having a couple of months of down time in your beautiful loft apartment.

Reactions: 4
Not to mention AFAIK California's doing a lot worse than New York re: pandemic so there's a possibility that she might have to quarantine in Brooklyn when she gets back. That's just dumb. of all the places she could've gone to, she chooses the covid hub of the US lol

I used to really like Tara but I get so much secondhand embarrassment from seeing her constantly eye bleeping herself in every ig video, especially her dancing videos where she looks like someone's drunk 50 year old aunt trying to dance at a wedding. I think the nail in the coffin was seeing her constantly go out to restaurants and completely disregard social distancing rules during the pandemic.

• Haha
Uhh why was she so snarky about the are you 'single question' in her insta Q&A? Isn't she the one who reuploaded that video having taken out the bit when she said her and Cathal broke up?
Influencers man 🤦🏻‍♀️

Uhh why was she so snarky about the are you 'single question' in her insta Q&A? Isn't she the one who reuploaded that video having taken out the bit when she said her and Cathal broke up?
Influencers man 🤦🏻‍♀️
Came on to say this. Like she was happy to set up an interiors insta page with him, vlog with him, talk about how he was working for her etc? It’s reasonable for people to be curious

Reactions: 4
puts up a Q and A and says literally ask me anything make it interesting ! then puts up a snap saying preparing herself for all the invasive questions. uhm ok.

She's getting some mileage out of her Cali trip posting so many videos and photos after beforehand saying she just wanted to be offline the whole time and have a nice trip with friends. didnt realize that meant taking a million pics and excessive posting after said trip. Such a narcissist couldn't possibly have a trip and not post about it lol. She's turned into such a self absorbed girl.

I find it hilarious when Instagrammers get snarky on their Q and As. They could just ignore the question or not do a Q and A at all. they love the attention really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I really liked her in the beginning but once again another YouTuber ends up as shallow and narcissistic as the rest, which makes me think most people who do YouTube are basically lazy greedy attention seekers. They construct a personality to suck people in and then the real person emerges when they start getting more followers and money because thats what they really want, money and attention.
Also what is the astrology thing? it's bleeping boring. Being a libra is not a thing, it doesn't make you interesting or have a personality.

Reactions: 5
She kept her boyf semi Low key in the few years I have followed her but her long term followers Still gonna be invested. Like live your authentic single life girl. I thought authenticity is her USP 🙄
I guess that’s why she’s all about embracing her sexiness now, tho I think she toned down the thirst traps. I did have to unfollow for a bit