Tanya Burr #6 Where's Martha Moo? Let your followers know it's the least you could do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with this. For all we know, Fleur and the like are miserable despite acting like they have what they ‘want’, and Tanya might well be the one more content with her life choices.

Perhaps she looks at Fleur and thanks god that she didn’t go down that path!
Exactly. It always seemed to me like Tanya and Jim got married because they’d been together so long that it seemed like the next relationship milestone. Tanya never seemed bothered about having children and always seemed to vaguely say ‘in the future’ as if she wasn’t overly bothered about it all. Then she started behaving like a single person with all the travel alone/the Rhys thing. I’m sure the split was very unsettling for her, because it usually is when you break up from a long term relationship, but it looks like she wanted to be free/single/not tied down to Jim. Maybe she regrets that now or has a sense of the grass wasn’t actually greener, but that’s definitely what it looked like she thought she wanted at least.

Reactions: 7
Yeah she did say that but how else is Fleur successful personally? Looks to me like “I’m not saying X, but X” tbh. Like I said, Tanya was acting like someone who wanted to be free and single before the split - now she’s free and single. And all the stuff about kids always came from Jim. So she could very well ‘have what she wants’ even if you follow that part of the post through. Weird comparison to make.
Whew, those reading comprehension skills. I literally said that Fleur is more personally successful because SHE HAS WHAT SHE WANTS. She wanted the baby, the husband, the big house in the country. And she has that. Tarn wanted the big acting career. Doesn't have that. The famous boyfriend. Doesn't have that. The seemingly perfect life. Doesn't have that. Now you get it?

Funny how you're criticizing me for such an "outdated" view on life when... I am child free by choice and happy and consider that personally successful since... it's what I freaking want. Plus, I'm not the one bashing someone when I couldn't even be arsed to read what they said...

Agree with this. For all we know, Fleur and the like are miserable despite acting like they have what they ‘want’, and Tanya might well be the one more content with her life choices.

Perhaps she looks at Fleur and thanks god that she didn’t go down that path!
Sure, Fleur could be acting like it's what she wants. None of us know 100% what goes on behind doors, not for YouTubers, not for people on these threads. But if anyone thinks Tanya is happy right now, I would have to wonder who they spend their time with and how unhappy those people are. Tanya hasn't had life behind the eyes in months, if not years. She can't even act happy and she's an actress.

I regret having mentioned Fleur at all in my comment. My point is, Tanya doesn't seem happy. And if she is, she does a damn good job of hiding it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Whew, those reading comprehension skills. I literally said that Fleur is more personally successful because SHE HAS WHAT SHE WANTS. She wanted the baby, the husband, the big house in the country. And she has that. Tarn wanted the big acting career. Doesn't have that. The famous boyfriend. Doesn't have that. The seemingly perfect life. Doesn't have that. Now you get it?

Funny how you're criticizing me for such an "outdated" view on life when... I am child free by choice and happy and consider that personally successful since... it's what I freaking want. Plus, I'm not the one bashing someone when I couldn't even be arsed to read what they said...

Sure, Fleur could be acting like it's what she wants. None of us know 100% what goes on behind doors, not for YouTubers, not for people on these threads. But if anyone thinks Tanya is happy right now, I would have to wonder who they spend their time with and how unhappy those people are. Tanya hasn't had life behind the eyes in months, if not years. She can't even act happy and she's an actress.
My reading comprehension skills means I can read between lines that clearly you cannot even see in your own post lmao. You're the one who chose someone who is married with child, pointed out they are married with child, drew a weird comparison to Tanya about it, and called Fleur more 'personally successful.' Just because you prefaced it with 'not to say X' doesn't mean you then didn't go right ahead and at least imply X. Do you follow now? Even weirder a comparison to make if you're happily child free tbh - perhaps you feel like other people see you as being less personally successful because of your choice, who knows. I did read what you said. It's just nonsensical.

You have no idea whether Fleur is at all happy in her life choices. Fleur is highly intelligent and got an excellent degree, for all we know she could be wildly unhappy doing Youtube as her career. Which is why it's again strange to compare speculations about Fleur's life to Tanya's. You're right Tanya clearly wanted an acting career, but if you'd read anything else I said you'd see I pointed out a) she behaved like a single person for several months before the split which strongly suggests she wanted to be free and single, able to travel alone and whatever happened with Rhys, and b) the stuff about children always came from Jim. She maybe never wanted children at all. So yeah. She doesn't have the acting career - you got me! - but she may well have the other things she wanted that required splitting from Jim. Maybe she also regrets all this now, that doesn't change that she got what she thought she wanted. Nobody said she was happy about it.

Reactions: 4
My reading comprehension skills means I can read between lines that clearly you cannot even see in your own post lmao. You're the one who chose someone who is married with child, pointed out they are married with child, drew a weird comparison to Tanya about it, and called Fleur more 'personally successful.' Just because you prefaced it with 'not to say X' doesn't mean you then didn't go right ahead and at least imply X. Do you follow now?

You have no idea whether Fleur is at all happy in her life choices. Fleur is highly intelligent and got an excellent degree, for all we know she could be wildly unhappy doing Youtube as her career. You're right Tanya clearly wanted an acting career, but if you'd read anything else I said you'd see I pointed out a) she behaved like a single person for several months before the split which strongly suggests she wanted to be free and single, able to travel alone and whatever happened with Rhys, and b) the stuff about children always came from Jim. She maybe never wanted children at all. So yeah. She doesn't have the acting career - you got me! - but she may well have the other things she wanted that required splitting from Jim. Maybe she also regrets all this now, that doesn't change that she got what she thought she wanted. Nobody said she was happy about it.
Cherry picking on top of the reading comprehension, lucky me. I literally put "she has what she wants" as the basis for my definition of success. Based on what I can see. Which is exactly the same thing any of us can do, unless we know these people personally. I don't. Maybe behind cameras Tanya is wildly happy and Fleur is miserable. Maybe. But that's not what I see on camera.

I'm one of the people who have previously said that it is likely Tanya initiated the split with Jim and clearly wasn't happy in their marriage, probably changed her mind about the whole family and kids thing because she wanted her acting career or at least on the timeline for it, which means good for her for divorcing Jim since Jim 100% wants a family pronto so theoretically now they can both get what they want.

I put the other things Tanya clearly wanted besides a career and which she doesn't have: the career, the famous boyfriend, the perfect life. You could add big, wide fame, being the face of a big brand, collaborating with fancy labels, being in big acting projects to that list. Things she has literally sought to get and shown over the years that she's desperate to have. And what does she have? Not one of them. Maybe the boyfriend and she's keeping quiet, but it wouldn't be a famous one in that case. I don't know why it triggers you so much that I don't think Tanya is personally or professionally successful, but ok. Enjoy the cherry picking here too :)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Seems unfair to keep insisting "I know what you really mean"" when someone clearly spelled out what they meant in the first place and then clarified it multiple times.

I wonder why Tanya doesn't keep doing youtube at the same time as her "acting career". Surely it would help her out, it's clearly what got her her first role in the play. She would make more money in the meantime too. I wonder what put her off youtube so much. I miss her videos.

Reactions: 31
I wonder why Tanya doesn't keep doing youtube at the same time as her "acting career". Surely it would help her out, it's clearly what got her her first role in the play. She would make more money in the meantime too. I wonder what put her off youtube so much. I miss her videos.
Even weirder when actual actresses have made YouTube channels where they post makeup videos, vlogs, cooking videos, etc. Like Lana Condor or Shay Mitchell.

I think Tanya had this idea that she was going to be Jennifer Lawrence type of famous and of "serious" actress and therefore she couldn't have these videos of her acting goofy distracting from her "acting talent".

Had I been her, I'd have kept YouTube, done a series taking my viewers with me on the acting lessons, auditions journey. But that would have required honesty and humility, and constantly telling viewers: remember that audition? I didn't get it. Since she's barely got any roles. And that's not something she seems interested in doing.

Reactions: 11
Had I been her, I'd have kept YouTube, done a series taking my viewers with me on the acting lessons, auditions journey. But that would have required honesty and humility, and constantly telling viewers: remember that audition? I didn't get it. Since she's barely got any roles. And that's not something she seems interested in doing.
But that would be so much work.....!

Reactions: 2
Even weirder when actual actresses have made YouTube channels where they post makeup videos, vlogs, cooking videos, etc. Like Lana Condor or Shay Mitchell.

I think Tanya had this idea that she was going to be Jennifer Lawrence type of famous and of "serious" actress and therefore she couldn't have these videos of her acting goofy distracting from her "acting talent".

I know she was already in the industry before she started her yt channel but look at Carrie hope fletcher, by doing YouTube it helped her get some job roles in theatre also it makes more people aware and interested in acting and whatnot. Tan was stupid to poohpoo the whole YouTube thing, I mean what she got now?! No make up line, crappy books that I've seen in pound land, no dior invites.

Reactions: 5
I put the other things Tanya clearly wanted besides a career and which she doesn't have: the career, the famous boyfriend, the perfect life. You could add big, wide fame, being the face of a big brand, collaborating with fancy labels, being in big acting projects to that list. Things she has literally sought to get and shown over the years that she's desperate to have. And what does she have? Not one of them. Maybe the boyfriend and she's keeping quiet, but it wouldn't be a famous one in that case. I don't know why it triggers you so much that I don't think Tanya is personally or professionally successful, but ok. Enjoy the cherry picking here too :)
I don’t think you can say that she wants these things. She’s gone out of her way to bin these things off. Maybe when she was an ‘influencer’ but I don’t believe she wants these things now anyway bar being a successful actress. All she wants from what I see is the acting jobs.

Also, Fleur recently suffered two miscarriages and various personal issues so I think it’s important to remember we only see what they want us to see. She clearly didn't have what she wanted then and was unhappy but kept it well hidden

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The rejection of a platform which was a big part of her life thing, I think it is the YouTube- Chapman connection. It is one last thing that is connecting them and she can't think of it as just her job, it was a part of her identity from that time. And maybe it's like working with your ex- husband in the same department in a big corporation? As long as she keeps doing it there'll always be people asking about Jim, comparing her and his new whatever he calls her these days. It would make you go mad but I think I would still do it for the easy money and use some of it for therapy 🤣

I think you guys are crediting Tanya too much with regards to her career choices!! Personally I think her management/Gleam team told her to stop with the YouTube /make up lines whilst they moulded her into a serious actress. They’re the ones pulling the strings for her, she just shows up. Probably assumed she would walk into big acting parts no problem as she has a large social media following but obviously that hasn’t happened. She isn’t an actress but I could see her as a light hearted presenter/interviewer. Even Alexa Chung does this.

I blame her management for giving her false hopes.

Reactions: 4
I’m not saying marriage and children would make her happy, but she is also clearly not happy right now. In the last couple of close-up face pictures on her Instagram she looks so sad. It’s actually sad to see.

I think Fleur did feel tied down by motherhood initially but seems to be enjoying it more now. Her lockdown vlogs have been great.

Reactions: 2
I’m not saying marriage and children would make her happy, but she is also clearly not happy right now. In the last couple of close-up face pictures on her Instagram she looks so sad. It’s actually sad to see.

I think Fleur did feel tied down by motherhood initially but seems to be enjoying it more now. Her lockdown vlogs have been great.
We all deal with big life changes differently and it takes some longer than others to get used to things being a different way or to find what we want in life. Tanya’s just left a 10+ year relationship. I don’t think she grew up with her own thoughts. It takes time to find yourself.

I agree about Fleur. She seems to have settled into motherhood over time.

Reactions: 6
I just watched Jim’s latest video he explains about his breakup with Tanya and some of the hate. It turns out they’d split up before it was leaked to the press (probably Tanya leaked it)🤣 My guess is they split up after they came home from their holiday, early January 2018, Jim probably moved out then. So therefore they’ve been split for about two and half years, so they must be divorced. Jim said the relationship was over a long time before they split, it was more like a friendship. Maybe they split before their last holiday, but they still went ahead with it cos it was already paid for and they were still friendly. I remember people on GG were speculating about their relationship in September 2017

Last edited:
I just watched Jim’s latest video called Were getting married, he explains a bit about his breakup with Tanya and some of the hate. It turns out they’d split up before it was leaked to the press (probably Tanya leaked it). My guess is they split up after they came home from their holiday, I think that was early January 2018, Jim probably moved out then. So therefore they’ve been split for about two and half years, so they must be divorced. Jim said the relationship was over a long time before they split, it was more like a friendship. Maybe they had even split before their last holiday, but they still went ahead with it cos it was already paid for and they were still friendly. I remember people on GG were speculating about their relationship in September 2017

You think he moved out in January 2018 but went back to film in the house for another year? Sometime in the beginning of 2019 is the earliest they could have split up

Reactions: 14
They were together, yeah clinging on desperately sure, but together nevertheless. GG started speculating something was up only in fall 2018— and it wasn’t because they were acting overly friendly lmao. It was because they stopped spending any and all time together. Summer 2018 they were still loved up, etc. And Jim was still always Instagramming her as “his wife” a couple months into 2019. Yeah I think they were on the outs at that point but him acting as though it was just a chill friendship that drifted apart is obviously to save face.

I’m sure for Jim its convenient to now say or think the “long over” friendship thing but LBR a divorce just like two years into marriage doesn’t come about like “hey best friend know what? I think it would be more fun to just divorce k? Whew that was easy and fun even!” Things happen, painful arguments happen, bitterness happens, even in really ‘good’ breakups. It hurts! That’s okay!

Breakups— never mind divorces— are difficult and can be devastating. (It’s clear it shook up Tanyas life pretty badly). It’s okay to just admit that and admit that the decision was HARD and admit that there is regret and pain or whatever, even if you know it was the right choice and even if you actually are now with someone who suits you.

But Jim can’t admit that because he obviously thinks it indicates something bad or shameful about him and Sarah and because he has some need to wield control over the situation. He literally has to render his marriage into a platonic buddy friendship (ouch) just to smooth things over for his own needs.

Reactions: 27
But Jim can’t admit that because he obviously thinks it indicates something bad or shameful about him and Sarah and because he has some need to wield control over the situation. He literally has to render his marriage into a platonic buddy friendship (ouch) just to smooth things over for his own needs.
100%! That video was totally self serving, ‘I’m a nice guy, family man’ to save himself and Sarah on his terms. I’ve said before, I highly doubt Tanya wanted that renewed interest right now, so he did it for himself and his next wife, sod Tanya. He also never addressed it when the fans asked, just when it suited him. What an hole!
he gets engaged and within hours he’s announced it on social media, talked about venue recommendations and released a ‘tell all’ video. What a sad life that every thing is for the Likes

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Jim did say that they both drifted apart and have both moved on and I don’t see any point in dwelling on the past, I mean it’s not like Tanya died and she was all over Rhys like a rash, so she wasn’t that heart broken. Jim was talking about getting married next year, but his brother and sister are getting married next year within two weeks of each other, so I think they’ll have wait longer. He said their engagement got a lot of press coverage, so that will probably translate into more sponsorships.

They do seem more relaxed and happy since the engagement. I suppose spending time in lockdown with her family is a good indicator of whether you’re right for each other and he’d also been on holiday with them. It helps that Sarah’s parents have large properties in the Cotswolds and a holiday home in Spain, they must be pretty wealthy.

Last edited:
It seemed to start going wrong when she was in Confidence. It's also when she began to distance herself from You Tube, whether this was in a bid to be taken seriously as an actress or she was just totally bored with it I don't know but no doubt it would have caused friction given how much of their income it accounted for. Also wanting/not wanting to start a family. The holiday the following January was already booked and perhaps a last ditch attempt to see if they could make a go of things.

It seemed to start going wrong when she was in Confidence. It's also when she began to distance herself from You Tube, whether this was in a bid to be taken seriously as an actress or she was just totally bored with it I don't know but no doubt it would have caused friction given how much of their income it accounted for. Also wanting/not wanting to start a family. The holiday the following January was already booked and perhaps a last ditch attempt to see if they could make a go of things.
Yes and that’s also when she met Rhys, if people think Jim hooked up with Sarah before the split its a bit ironic, cos there was actually more suspicious goings on between Tanya and Rhys that summer. The fact that Rhys and his gf seemed to fall out with Tanya after the holiday they all went on in January 2019 and are no longer in touch on SM, seems a bit suspicious. But Tanya still continues to go to Barry’s where Rhys works, is she stalking him or something, seems bizarre.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.