Tanya Burr #3 Bye-bye jim, edit yourself slim, career's looking grim

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really?! [emoji15][emoji15] It is such an extreme weight loss though. She reminds me of Nicole Richie tbh. [emoji51]
I think she went to LA with the dream to be an actress and was slapped in the face with the harsh reality, her body type isn’t Hollywood.
She’s used methods to lose weight and it’s getting her attention, nothing else is, her acting is tragic, her YouTube is dead, her husband has moved on, she getting positive attention for one thing, her weight.
And she probably getting more call backs being thinner.
But I don’t think she has an eating disorder no. Not at all. I just hope she doesn’t go so far that it eventually turns into one because she loses all control

Reactions: 7
I would assume someone at gleam... a lot.of what they do seems bizarre
I think it was a huge mistake to encourage her acting. Whatever you feel about Tanya, she was obviously doing something right back in the days when she was mostly a beauty youtuber. Theres nothing wrong with her having ambitions and using her fame as a springboard but acting at the level she aspires to is a tough, unforgiving business. People should have been honest with her that her talents aren't quite there. Anyone can train to be an actor, but it's not like learning to drive or studying for an exam.. you don't just do the time and get the career or whatever because you studied. You need talent, discipline and also luck.

You can really see the difference in photos with her sister...I feel like her sister looks like old her (body wise).
I def agree that the stuff she's posting is becoming more and more 'thinspo'-esque. Especially the last few photos she's posted. Her arms especially look SO thin, and the fact that she never responds to comments at all as well...even the ones praising her.

Reactions: 8
It was interesting seeing Kate Middleton at Wimbledon today who also is rail thin. But the difference being she doesn't look (to me) unwell. No doubt she is probably incredibly pernickity about her food but it looks like she exercises as her arms and legs look toned unlike Tanya's, who doesn't look like she ever exercises (though she says she does).

I almost feel like Tanya is loving this. All the fan girls telling her how amazing she looks, yet there are comments she hasn't managed to delete yet telling her shes gone too far. Her newest post makes her look very unwell yet shes singing and dancing around. She needs to seek help and stop posting images because her young fan base will copy her. I'm so fed up of seeing this.

I feel a worrying fascination with looking at her pictures. They feel very ‘thinspo’. Reminds me of when Geri Halliwell & Lily Allen kept posting pictures of themselves having lost loads of weight. Many years later they admit that it wasn’t healthy. But when I was teenager I just saw an ideal weight that I thought must be attainable. Really really not the desired behaviour from a role model to young girls.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Someone said that people with ED are so obsessed with food that they take any opportunity to make food for others and you have Tanya baking when people come round and making risotto for her sister late at night. Making risotto for her sister late at night is a lot of trouble to go to after they’ve just been to a concert in Hyde park. Anorexic Scarlett Curtis also enjoys baking cakes for family and friends.

Reactions: 11
She’s starting to look so frail 😐 has anyone noticed this all started when she became friends with Marcus butler’s model girlfriend? Is she trying to get ‘skinny’ to become a model? 🧐 I watched one of her old YouTube videos the other day to remind myself of what she used to look like and it’s like looking at a completely different person now. Not in a good way either 😫 such a shame.

Reactions: 2
Her latest post...a picture of her posting with a 'gifted' picnic. It looks so awkward!

Reactions: 2
She’s starting to look so frail [emoji52] has anyone noticed this all started when she became friends with Marcus butler’s model girlfriend? Is she trying to get ‘skinny’ to become a model? [emoji3166] I watched one of her old YouTube videos the other day to remind myself of what she used to look like and it’s like looking at a completely different person now. Not in a good way either [emoji31] such a shame.
I hope not, or she’s just doomed for failure once again. Skinny or not, she doesn’t have a model’s body, regardless of how progressive we’re getting with body positivity lately. She’d be met with the same response from designers, etc as casting agents— derogatory comments about her shape. Sad, but that’s the reality of both businesses.

She just doesn’t have “it,” in any sense other than perhaps a lifestyle vlogger/blogger, and we know how she half asses that nowadays. It’s a shame.

Reactions: 3

Also your friend is filming her anxiety breakdown ..and you turnrd to give some supermodel looks to the camera. Narcissistic and staged

View attachment 28601
Also your friend is filming her anxiety breakdown ..and you turnrd to give some supermodel looks to the camera. Narcissistic and staged

View attachment 28603
Wow that is some screen grab skills lol I'm pretty sure Alfie was sat behind the camera so they both kept turning and talking to him.

I know that Tan lost the weigh way too fast and probably not in a healthy way but she's not too thin. She looks like a size 8 maybe 6 at a push and that is not too thin. I was an 6-8 all my life till I had my 4th child and I was a healthy weight. I think telling people they are too thin is just as damaging as telling people they are fat.

Reactions: 1
. I think telling people they are too thin is just as damaging as telling people they are fat.
Completely agree,
but you’ll notice most of the comments ARE about the speed she’s lost the weight and her general washed out appearance making her look unhealthy.
Nobody is fat/skinny shaming her. This is about more than just her appearance.
Her attitude is what’s really “triggered” me into commenting on her. She sends a very dangerous message out to her fan base, the majority of which are young girls.
And she’s loving the attention she’s getting from it.

Reactions: 8
Completely agree,
but you’ll notice most of the comments ARE about the speed she’s lost the weight and her general washed out appearance making her look unhealthy.
Nobody is fat/skinny shaming her.
Also it’s about what is natural to your body, she has clearly made a significant change in the way she eats which can’t be good, but we could all be wrong

Wow that is some screen grab skills lol I'm pretty sure Alfie was sat behind the camera so they both kept turning and talking to him.

I know that Tan lost the weigh way too fast and probably not in a healthy way but she's not too thin. She looks like a size 8 maybe 6 at a push and that is not too thin. I was an 6-8 all my life till I had my 4th child and I was a healthy weight. I think telling people they are too thin is just as damaging as telling people they are fat.
I don't think you can justjudge what is too thin based on clothes size, it differs from body to body and what you csn see in her is her face now looks weirdly out of proportion (which personally reminds me of how i looked when suffering from an eating disorder - i was also a 6/8)

The constant food posts are starting to grate. No comment about her weight loss but multiple posts of meals out, cakes etc. We aren’t stupid.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.