Taira's family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup.

The ends in tears is a bit clickbaity to make it seem like they hated it - Ollie was just upset she’d lost a game at school.
Just starting the new video... the fact that iris was so excited to go to school really makes me wonder why they didn't leave her there in the UK

Reactions: 3
I have just watched their latest video and I am really shocked!

The world is in the middle of a global pandemic. We are supposed to be coming out of it in the summer (hopefully!) so why have they chosen to travel to Mexico and send their two youngest daughters to school there now? Why couldn't they just wait until it was safer?

I don't have a problem with family's that travel I think it's a great opportunity and experience but in the current situation it just doesn't feel right.

Its like there pretending this virus doesn't exist.

They clearly have plans to stay there for a while...

Reactions: 4

The world is in the middle of a global pandemic. We are supposed to be coming out of it in the summer (hopefully!) so why have they chosen to travel to Mexico and send their two youngest daughters to school there now? Why couldn't they just wait until it was safer?

I don't have a problem with family's that travel I think it's a great opportunity and experience but in the current situation it just doesn't feel right.

yeah I agree,especially moving to a country that is struggling with it, seems quite selfish

Just starting the new video... the fact that iris was so excited to go to school really makes me wonder why they didn't leave her there in the UK
Taira never gives her kids a decent shot at school, she sends them to school then pulls them out and does it again and again. All of her children who have been to school (i.e Elsie, Max, Iris and Olive) all really seemed to enjoy it. I don't understand why they never stayed in school.

Reactions: 5
Taira never gives her kids a decent shot at school, she sends them to school then pulls them out and does it again and again. All of her children who have been to school (i.e Elsie, Max, Iris and Olive) all really seemed to enjoy it. I don't understand why they never stayed in school.
She wants them to not like it so she can claim it’s their choice to be homeschooled I think. Never letting them settle so they’ll think they don’t like school when it’s actually the upheaval. The same seemed to be behind her claiming it made Elsie too tired for cheer - though that somewhat backfired when Elsie decided to quit cheer.

I still think the initial decision to send Iris because she was naughty was meant to be some sort of weird punishment to make her “realise” how much better homeschool was which also backfired when she loved it and got her siblings interested.

She wants them to not like it so she can claim it’s their choice to be homeschooled I think. Never letting them settle so they’ll think they don’t like school when it’s actually the upheaval. The same seemed to be behind her claiming it made Elsie too tired for cheer - though that somewhat backfired when Elsie decided to quit cheer.

I still think the initial decision to send Iris because she was naughty was meant to be some sort of weird punishment to make her “realise” how much better homeschool was which also backfired when she loved it and got her siblings interested.
I feel like that as well. I think because Taira didn't like school she is forcing it onto her children maybe without even realising it.

Reactions: 2
I think a lot of the more touristy parts of Mexico have been quite lenient with covid regulations and it's probably because their economy depends on it. It's pretty sad, a lot of people wouldn't survive without those jobs. The last I heard, Mexico's vaccine rollout has been quite slow and the US was sharing some of theirs. I think Mexico even issued a complaint with the UN about it. I've been thinking a lot about how tourism is linked to colonialism/imperialism and why so many Americans and British people feel so entitled to visiting developing or majority black/brown countries during a pandemic. Not to mention that the places they visit are super gentrified and are composed of mainly foreigners and not actual Mexican families.

https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...ging-wealthy-mexicans-are-flocking-to-the-u-s

Surely if you're going to a hot and sunny country, hats and sunglasses etc. will be one of the first things you think about packing?!

this just proves how last minute this seems to be imo. how can she be claiming this is for treatment?!
It doesn't really make much sense. I know she has had to have surgery and stuff but surely if she was that ill wouldn't she want to stay at home.

If she's lying about having to have further treatment, that's a really crappy thing to lie about.

If she's lying about having to have further treatment, that's a really crappy thing to lie about.
I think she said that she origionally went there to see some doctors but then decided to stay for a while.

Has anyone else noticed that they have made 4 vidoes since being there? That is a lot for them, they don't usually make much content.

I also think it is quite unfair for the teacher to put 2 children into class when they cannot speak any Spanish beyond hello and thanks, a friend of mine in primary school moved to the UK at 4 from a Spanish speaking country and she took classes beforehand so she could have at least a basic conversation

I think she said that she origionally went there to see some doctors but then decided to stay for a while.

Has anyone else noticed that they have made 4 vidoes since being there? That is a lot for them, they don't usually make much content.
I think if it was just for treatment why would you bring all 6 children as well? they had always been planning on staying imo, it cannot be that easy to register children for school surely?

I also think it is quite unfair for the teacher to put 2 children into class when they cannot speak any Spanish beyond hello and thanks, a friend of mine in primary school moved to the UK at 4 from a Spanish speaking country and she took classes beforehand so she could have at least a basic conversation

I think if it was just for treatment why would you bring all 6 children as well? they had always been planning on staying imo, it cannot be that easy to register children for school surely?
I don’t know about in Costa Rica but it’s actually fairly common here for kids who don’t speak English to move and start school. At that age the best way to learn is immersion. There’s hopefully a good chance people at the school speak at least basic English (asking for the toilet etc to help).

I don’t know about in Costa Rica but it’s actually fairly common here for kids who don’t speak English to move and start school. At that age the best way to learn is immersion. There’s hopefully a good chance people at the school speak at least basic English (asking for the toilet etc to help).
I agree Taira said in the video that there teacher was speaking to them in Spanish then said everything in English. The little ones will learn much more Spanish being in school than the older ones will do learning at home.

Reactions: 1
I agree Taira said in the video that there teacher was speaking to them in Spanish then said everything in English. The little ones will learn much more Spanish being in school than the older ones will do learning at home.
ah okay I didn't realise this I only half watch their videos tbh :LOL:

Reactions: 1
The dads comment in the last video (who knows her better, dad or kids) about her having written answers she wanted them to give rather than the truth was very interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 5