Phoebe Court @swfeebs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took one for the team and did the research on that at for my 3rd. Went into labour at 6pm Saturday night and had him at 3.20am Monday. Cervix had to be manually manipulated as it dilated unevenly šŸ¤¢ dont think the dates worked šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m trying them now, 1st labour was 4 hours so maybe it will be even quicker this time lol šŸ˜‚ I hate dates too šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 2
So why are you a Slimming World Consultant FeebsšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø.... An abs piss take, she is proud that she hasnā€™t put on a lot since she has been pregnant. Which granted she hasnā€™t. However as a SW Consultant she got herself over 16st... I could be corrected on this because letā€™s be fair she only posts the good things on her page the things she doesnā€™t want SW HO to see she posts on her stories... AN ABSOLUTE CHARLATAN šŸ˜”

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sheā€™s done a scratch card advent calendar for Jim! That must have cost at LEAST Ā£30! And it encourages wasteful gambling behaviour. Christ and sheā€™s here preaching about how to save money. I despair!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Sheā€™s done a scratch card advent calendar for Jim! That must have cost at LEAST Ā£30! And it encourages wasteful gambling behaviour. Christ and sheā€™s here preaching about how to save money. I despair!
Literally came here to say this

Reactions: 3
Fml. Heaven forbid she actually ends up having any complications or the birth she doesnā€™t plan for!
After having an emergency section after 20 hours labour with my first and then an emergency section at 29 weeks when my daughter had stopped growing and was born at 1lb 13oz, itā€™s duck all to do with spirituality bollocks and the power of birthing women.
Sometimes we need intervention and sometimes it can save bleeping lives! She really boils my piss (soz for the potty mouth this morning)

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Fml. Heaven forbid she actually ends up having any complications or the birth she doesnā€™t plan for!
After having an emergency section after 20 hours labour with my first and then an emergency section at 29 weeks when my daughter had stopped growing and was born at 1lb 13oz, itā€™s duck all to do with spirituality bollocks and the power of birthing women.
Sometimes we need intervention and sometimes it can save bleeping lives! She really boils my piss (soz for the potty mouth this morning)
šŸ™ŒšŸ»šŸ™ŒšŸ» I made the best informed decisions I could with my circumstances. I donā€™t need some pregnant earth mother know it all telling me that my emergency section was caused by the patriarchal health system. It was caused by being in labour with an undiagnosed breech baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If you research the history of births and breastfeeding it has been massively impacted by the patriarchy.
I also had an emergency C section. So not sure how that discredits the quote.

Reactions: 1
Her post about how she is finally okay with saying sod it and doing nothing instead... I swear I've seen her post that god knows how many times. Saying the same thing how she finally accepts that it's okay to do.
She's so repetitive. Just to try and get people to relate to her.

Reactions: 2
If you research the history of births and breastfeeding it has been massively impacted by the patriarchy.
I also had an emergency C section. So not sure how that discredits the quote.
From her other posts itā€™s quite clear she thinks that a bit of positivity, hypnobirthing and learning about your body can give the perfect birth. My post is basically saying that no amount of understanding physiology, spirituality, sacredness or a system ā€œgrounded in patriarchyā€ makes any difference to the interventions often required and she does a good job of trying to imply otherwise. I really really hope she gets the perfect birth she wants but she is so deluded itā€™s unreal.

Personally i would enjoy seeing her end up with a Kielland forced delivery and spiratulise that one! Stupid bint!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mrs ā€˜Swā€™ Feebs is practically a fully trained Midwife since sheā€™s had 1!! child šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤šŸ–•šŸ¼

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Feebs isn't the only person like this - there seems to be many women who believe every midwife and Doctor are out to spoil their birth with their medical knowledge, training and years of experience.
It's unfortunately the beginning of the "mummy knows best" tripe which will follow soon after birth.

Reactions: 11
Iā€™m afraid I have to defend her slightly here, sheā€™s not wrong on some things when it comes to saying no to doctors and midwives.

a very extreme example but does anyone remember the thalidomide incident of the 60ā€™s? Thousands of babies were born deformed or dead because of a sickness tablet that was marketed as ā€˜safeā€™ for pregnant women to take. It was prescribed and recommended by doctors and known as the best thing ever. Unfortunately it was not.
Now I understand doctors most of the time do know best, and have had years of training but the movement feebs is behind is about asking questions and knowing all the pros and cons of any procedure before it is undertaken. What is right for someone else may not be right for you and could affect you in a different way

with my last pregnancy I had a midwife try and force me to have a sweep at 38 weeks because it was ā€˜policyā€™ even though there are risks associated with sweeps like introducing infection and breaking waters early. I refused and she basically shouted at me for 20 mins saying I was putting my babies life at risk and I had to have it done.

šŸ™„ this lead me to read up on How birth is medicalised and it doesnā€™t always have to be. Iā€™ve read the same books as her and what I took away from it is anything can happen, emergencies can and do happen but itā€™s how you plan for them and react to them which is important.
She does come across as very Preachy

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m afraid I have to defend her slightly here, sheā€™s not wrong on some things when it comes to saying no to doctors and midwives.

a very extreme example but does anyone remember the thalidomide incident of the 60ā€™s? Thousands of babies were born deformed or dead because of a sickness tablet that was marketed as ā€˜safeā€™ for pregnant women to take. It was prescribed and recommended by doctors and known as the best thing ever. Unfortunately it was not.
Now I understand doctors most of the time do know best, and have had years of training but the movement feebs is behind is about asking questions and knowing all the pros and cons of any procedure before it is undertaken. What is right for someone else may not be right for you and could affect you in a different way

with my last pregnancy I had a midwife try and force me to have a sweep at 38 weeks because it was ā€˜policyā€™ even though there are risks associated with sweeps like introducing infection and breaking waters early. I refused and she basically shouted at me for 20 mins saying I was putting my babies life at risk and I had to have it done.

šŸ™„ this lead me to read up on How birth is medicalised and it doesnā€™t always have to be. Iā€™ve read the same books as her and what I took away from it is anything can happen, emergencies can and do happen but itā€™s how you plan for them and react to them which is important.
She does come across as very Preachy
Wow! That was a horrible midwife you had! I got offered one each week from 38 weeks. I said no to them all and every midwife I was speaking to said that's perfectly fine and my choice, that it's just something they offer

Agreed there are horrendous HCPs out there but sheā€™s previously suggested ignoring medical advice on the basis that you know what is best for you. *ignoring* as an ā€œinfluencerā€ do you not think this is irresponsible. Itā€™s one thing researching a variety of resources, forewarned is forearmed and all that but ignoring medical advice?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Agreed there are horrendous HCPs out there but sheā€™s previously suggested ignoring medical advice on the basis that you know what is best for you. *ignoring* as an ā€œinfluencerā€ do you not think this is irresponsible. Itā€™s one thing researching a variety of resources, forewarned is forearmed and all that but ignoring medical advice?
thatā€™s where she has misunderstood the purpose of the whole movement, no where in any of the books has it said ignore all medical advice, and if any of her followers do that then I would question their ability to be a responsible parent!

I have ignored plenty of medical advice on the basis I have read and understood the risks and decided against it, on the basis if something goes wrong, like it always can, it would be my fault and no one elseā€™s. For example they want to induce me at 40 weeks ( when full term is up to 42) purely based on my weight. I still have a fair few weeks to go yet and theyā€™re already making plans, even though babies come when they want. I have said on no terms will I be induced unless me or my baby is in danger and not just because of a hospital ā€˜policyā€™

I do believe influencers need to be very careful on how they word things!

Wow! That was a horrible midwife you had! I got offered one each week from 38 weeks. I said no to them all and every midwife I was speaking to said that's perfectly fine and my choice, that it's just something they offer
honest to god she was awful. I was hysterical after my appointment. She was also saying all the measurement scans they did were incorrect and my baby was in danger if she didnā€™t perform a sweep.
I think she may have just wanted to get her hand in my knickers šŸ¤”

This really gets on my goat! Trying to make other women feel like they didnā€™t do enough or it was their faults if they ended up with a c section. I ended up with 2 and neither of them planned! But thatā€™s obviously because I didnā€™t try hard enough!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.