Phoebe Court @swfeebs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like her, but do agree with some of the other comments Ive seen about her weight gain etc.. I used to go to SW myself and my consultant gained so much weight back, hardly inspiring!

Also saw someone mention on JSG page about her money troubles. I found them really interesting as I’d definitely look at her as someone who seemed quite well off. Not always as it seems..

Do you guys know her age? She mentioned it recently... 35 this year. I would have put her as early 40s!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I quite like her, but do agree with some of the other comments Ive seen about her weight gain etc.. I used to go to SW myself and my consultant gained so much weight back, hardly inspiring!

Also saw someone mention on JSG page about her money troubles. I found them really interesting as I’d definitely look at her as someone who seemed quite well off. Not always as it seems..

Do you guys know her age? She mentioned it recently... 35 this year. I would have put her as early 40s!
I think she’s mid 30s. Agree she seems much nicer than some of the vacuous accounts. My gripe is she is a SW consultant & doesn’t follow the plan. I wouldn’t go to her group

Reactions: 2
Part of me really wants to like feebz and I feel a little bit bad talking about her on here as she is far more ethical than a lot of the sw crowd and z list instamums. HOWEVER.... I do feel quite annoyed about all the stuff that she actively encouraged other people to buy and the lifestyle that she portrayed which I now learn got her into debt! Myself and my husband both have higher managerial jobs and earn a good wage (without sounding braggy) but I remember on maternity leave with my first baby who is a very similar age to Vesper, looking at things like the bamboo bamboo plates, center parks holidays, toddler hunter wellies and lots of other lovely things that she posted and feeling like I was failing because I frankly couldnt justify spending this much money on things for a baby/toddler!

Plus the BLW thing.... am due baby no 2 in a matter of days, what I absolutely will not do this time is compare myself to other people. I use to look at the amount that her daughter was eating, the freezer stashes of freshly cooked meals she was making, the meals out where she was eating pretty much adult portions and felt like there was something wrong with how we were doing it because my baby wouldn’t eat nearly as much/ use a spoon etc etc. Whilst I totally understand that I chose to compare myself to others and I can’t blame them for putting their lives out there, with a huge following comes responsibility and acting’s like you are the authority on something after being a parent for 5 minutes and showing off material goods which in reality you can’t afford, is arguably irresponsible.... easy to do.... but irresponsible all the same. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
I really like her.

I'll be completely honest, I was ready to unfollow during pregnancy as there was a holier than thou undertone and I continued to watch as thought the baby would bring her down to earth with a bump (this makes me sound bloody horrible and I'm not....honest!)

Then watching her develop as a new mum, I've actually really enjoyed her feed. I think she shows some great "content", she shows she is absolutely human and I think the recent opening up about debt has helped loads of people and also kind of burst that insta-bubble to show people it isn't all Joules, Hunters and Micro Scooters.

I wonder if she felt the pressure from other insta-mums to get all that perfect stuff and then realised it isn't all attainable (because they're being gifted and she, like us, is paying for it) I would be interested to know her thoughts on the whole influencing and whether it did play a part for her. Her instagram would play a big part of her life through SW posting, so she would have definitely been looking at others.

All in all, it got a bit ropey in the middle where I thought she had lost herself but now, I'm back on board and like to follow.

Reactions: 13
I really like her.

I'll be completely honest, I was ready to unfollow during pregnancy as there was a holier than thou undertone and I continued to watch as thought the baby would bring her down to earth with a bump (this makes me sound bloody horrible and I'm not....honest!)

Then watching her develop as a new mum, I've actually really enjoyed her feed. I think she shows some great "content", she shows she is absolutely human and I think the recent opening up about debt has helped loads of people and also kind of burst that insta-bubble to show people it isn't all Joules, Hunters and Micro Scooters.

I wonder if she felt the pressure from other insta-mums to get all that perfect stuff and then realised it isn't all attainable (because they're being gifted and she, like us, is paying for it) I would be interested to know her thoughts on the whole influencing and whether it did play a part for her. Her instagram would play a big part of her life through SW posting, so she would have definitely been looking at others.

All in all, it got a bit ropey in the middle where I thought she had lost herself but now, I'm back on board and like to follow.
I really agree with this!

I mentioned her in the JSG thread. On a personal level, I really like and rate her. But I just can’t get on board with her being a consultant yet being the size she is. If it were me, knowing my profession was at stake, I’d make more of an effort to lose the weight. To become a SW consultant you have to more or less be at target weight, or like half a stone off.

Reactions: 10
I mentioned her in the JSG thread. On a personal level, I really like and rate her. But I just can’t get on board with her being a consultant yet being the size she is. If it were me, knowing my profession was at stake, I’d make more of an effort to lose the weight. To become a SW consultant you have to more or less be at target weight, or like half a stone off.
I find slimming world such an odd company! Surely they should have some kind of review/ appraisal process whereby if a consultant packs the pounds back on they are encouraged to loose/ risk loosing their consultant status. It just seems like such as poor marketing message to send out! I would hate to be lectured every week by someone who clearly wasn’t practicing what they preach, or if they were telling me it was easy but making excuses as to why they couldn’t achieve it then that would be a get out of jail free card for me to not bother trying? Why do people continue to hand over money each week to people who clearly can’t follow the ‘simple’ plan they are trying to plug?

Reactions: 11
I really like Feebs and have always thought of her as the most relatable of all the big accounts. Her posts aren't all "look at me and my perfect life" (Fopps and Gem spring to mind) and she does loads of interesting posts re breastfeeding support, blw, money issues.
I can get the point about being a consultant and being overweight, maybe baby #2 is being planned and 🤷‍♀️ dunno, if I knew pregnancy was on the horizon again I wouldn't be rushing to lose weight to put it back on again.

Reactions: 3
Hmmm shes a tough one for me as I really liked her, then when she had vesper definitely felt more of a preachy vibe from her account which I didn't like.

She shouldn't be promoting or have that sort of job when she clearly can't follow it herself. Slimming world is hard to maintain, I couldn't do it and piled the weight back on...but I don't work for them telling people how amazing the plan is and how to follow it then clearly not doing that myself. Unfollowed a while back.

Reactions: 5
I like her! I think she’s quite relatable and her daughter is cute and hilarious, but I do agree about the slimming world comments. That being said losing weight is hard and maintaining such a big loss, then having a baby, is even harder!

Reactions: 1
I find slimming world such an odd company! Surely they should have some kind of review/ appraisal process whereby if a consultant packs the pounds back on they are encouraged to loose/ risk loosing their consultant status. It just seems like such as poor marketing message to send out! I would hate to be lectured every week by someone who clearly wasn’t practicing what they preach, or if they were telling me it was easy but making excuses as to why they couldn’t achieve it then that would be a get out of jail free card for me to not bother trying? Why do people continue to hand over money each week to people who clearly can’t follow the ‘simple’ plan they are trying to plug?
I think SW as a company as massively desperate as the ‘craze’ has died down. I followed the plan for 3 years and lost 5 stone. My consultant turned me into a bit of a poster girl for her group, but I struggled to get to target and I didn’t understand why. I turned to calorie counting and the weight fell off. My consultant still told me to attend group, but she wouldn’t ask me about my weight loss (because I told her I couldn’t come to group and lie to everyone there). She guilted me by saying numbers were down. And if the Insta world reflects reality, then more and more people are turning away from SW. Hardly surprising when all the ‘instafamous’ consultants have piled all their weight back on.

Reactions: 7
I like her! I think she’s quite relatable and her daughter is cute and hilarious, but I do agree about the slimming world comments. That being said losing weight is hard and maintaining such a big loss, then having a baby, is even harder!
Oh I know! Have done the exact same thing myself - however possibly am a bit pissed off because I turned to Instagram and the sw’ers after I had my daughter and it’s following their warped plan which partly made it so much harder to loose much weight. Throughout this pregnancy have ditched the diets, unfollowed all the sw accounts with spice codes or who don’t stick to it properly and despite being 2 days away from my due date am only a few KG than my booking in weight with my first baby!

Unfortunately there are very few weight loss accounts on insta that I find inspiring anymore 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I really like her. I think she is struggling post vesper to get 100% into her weight loss but think this makes her more relatable and she isn’t trying to be anything that she isn’t. Much worse SW accounts

I don’t care what my consultant or any other members of the group weigh. I’m only concerned about my weight loss/gain.... I understand what you’re saying but maybe she is actually really good at helping people meet their goals but then in reality struggles when she’s tired etc. I don’t go to her group so can’t comment but she might be a really good consultant and have good results from her classes

I used to follow her and liked her thought she came across as very relatable. I unfollowed her after she had the baby and started constantly preaching about breastfeeding. Not that it's an issue and fair dos to her but I don't have kids and it just was too much for me.

Reactions: 3
I think I lost respect for her when she was talking about debt and then brought a moses basket despite not being pregnant again

Reactions: 5
How has she got so many followers? That’s why I don’t really like diets like slimming world, the consultants are usually bigger than the people that go!

I unfollowed post baby too. I have a child the same age and her breast feeding preaching and then the BLW was just too much. She made me feel bad and for a while I thought my child wasn't eating enough compared to hers.. now obviously I realise that's nonsense but actually it's not healthy for hers to be eating such big portions..

I'm also surprised at her age, defo thought she was 40s

Reactions: 6
Had to unfollow with the constant reference to 'boobing' :sick: Even though I breastfed my own child that term makes me cringe.

Both she, her husband and sadly her child have weight issues and it's extremely hypocritical to accept payment for weight loss advice when you can't control your own (or your family's!)

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.