Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread. @ChubClubThug with 49 votes 😂 Had to edit ever so slightly as it wouldn't fit!

I did the dates thing, raspberry leaf tea and perinal massage.. ended up being induced from leaking waters and 3rd degree tear so 🤷🏻‍♀️
I thought it was worth a try 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Here she goes again 🙄 miss know it all

I tried not to listen to the midwife I would actually hate being her midwife I can imagine it now as soon as she walks in I want a birthing pool now I want this I want that no I don't have to do that it's my body 🙄🙄🙄🙄 sorry 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Long time lurker.
First time commenter!

I’ve tried not to comment for months well because of my job but tonight’s comments on her stories have fucked me off something rotten.

qualified MW here and her comments and her duck all knowledge on midwifery piss me right off. Midwives don’t just spend 3 years at university then a following 12-24 months on a preceptorship for some one who’s read a few books and given birth once preach about an evidence based degree that she knows duck all about.

You go ahead hen and eat your dates and have your perineal massage and hypnobirth and don’t listen to your midwife because of course feebs knows best. You can plan all you want for your perfect birth and I’m so happy you got it the last time but stop trying to lure other women into a false sense of security that there birth will be plain sailing because who’s the woman going to blaim when your stupid obnoxious recommendations go wrong and she ends up with failure to progress and a cat 2 section and maybe piles for good measure.
Not you, but her midwife.
You stupid bleeping arse.

Glad that’s off my chest 😅

Also i just want to point out that I am in total support and advocate for women and it’s there birth, their choice and informed consent is so important, but there are evidence based guidelines and procedures we follow to the core to prevent maternal mortality for a reason.
Most of the vibes that I get from her posts is, please ignore all medical advice given because it’s your baby your birth and listen to moi because I am the font of all knowledge and of course have a medical degree in PREACH. It’s so dangerous and I would never in any circumstances listen to a ‘SW consultant’ on the gram.

Think I have over done it in comments tonight, I apologise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Does she think all midwives want you to have the most painful, longest, complicated birth ever? Of course not...they want a healthy baby, a healthy mum and minimal medical intervention. It's a massive insult to midwives who have trained for years.

My friend had her baby a few weeks ago extremely premature, very touch and go...I went to the hospital for a check up today and those midwives remembered my friend and her baby and the fact she had suffered a loss before...they had stayed beyond their shift to help and comfort my friend and had carried that burden and sympathy for her for weeks. So for someone like Feebs to undermine and devalue the work they do is just awful.

You've been to Tenerife and shes been to bloody Elevenerife! Insufferable know it all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Long time lurker.
First time commenter!

I’ve tried not to comment for months well because of my job but tonight’s comments on her stories have fucked me off something rotten.

qualified MW here and her comments and her duck all knowledge on midwifery piss me right off. Midwives don’t just spend 3 years at university then a following 12-24 months on a preceptorship for some one who’s read a few books and given birth once preach about an evidence based degree that she knows duck all about.

You go ahead hen and eat your dates and have your perineal massage and hypnobirth and don’t listen to your midwife because of course feebs knows best. You can plan all you want for your perfect birth and I’m so happy you got it the last time but stop trying to lure other women into a false sense of security that there birth will be plain sailing because who’s the woman going to blaim when your stupid obnoxious recommendations go wrong and she ends up with failure to progress and a cat 2 section and maybe piles for good measure.

Also i just want to point out that I am in total support and advocate for women and it’s there birth, their choice and informed consent is so important, but there are evidence based guidelines and procedures we follow to the core to prevent maternal mortality for a reason.
Most of the vibes that I get from her posts is, please ignore all medical advice given because it’s your baby your birth and listen to moi because I am the font of all knowledge and of course have a medical degree in PREACH. It’s so dangerous and I would never in any circumstances listen to a ‘SW consultant’ on the gram.

Love this ! agree with everything you have said 🙌🙌🙌

• Heart
Long time lurker.
First time commenter!

THIS 👏 sums it all up! Thank you!

• Heart
Long time lurker.
First time commenter!

Can I just thank you so much for this! Neither of my births went to plan.

My first was a cat 1 section, it was unbelievablely traumatic as a 25 year old, fit as a fiddle FTM. Nothing in my pregnancy had indicated this would happen. I hadn’t even had a dodgy blood test. But my daughters heart stopped beating. No amount of hypnobirthing would have rectified that. The first year of her life was spent in a PTSD haze, constantly reading the absolute tripe the likes of feebs post left me unable to leave the house. I was convinced it was all my fault.

My second, I thought I’d give the hypnobirthing a go. Did it work? Did it duck. The trauma was far, far too engrained. I had another section. But I was awake and I saw my baby be born and that was really all I wanted.

I ate billions of dates, they had no effect whatsoever. Oh no tell a lie, the eased the pregnancy constipation a treat :p

I really wish she would stop this. It’s so dangerous and like you said, puts ALL the blame on women when their birth isn’t the dream come true they expected.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I tried messaging her about all this birth stuff once. She had posted about a podcast that discusses birth trauma and how she thought it would be helpful. She was then confused when some of her followers didn’t react well to this.

I tried explaining that her relentless positive birth chat wasn’t really conducive to discussing trauma and offering suggestions of what those who have suffered it might find helpful.

I didn’t get a reply 👍🏻

I’m sorry but you cannot consistently exclude a group of women, bang on about how negative birth stories aren’t to be listened to - and then see it your place to discuss those women’s experiences. GO AWAY.

Reactions: 10
I tried messaging her about all this birth stuff once. She had posted about a podcast that discusses birth trauma and how she thought it would be helpful. She was then confused when some of her followers didn’t react well to this.

I tried explaining that her relentless positive birth chat wasn’t really conducive to discussing trauma and offering suggestions of what those who have suffered it might find helpful.

I didn’t get a reply 👍🏻

I’m sorry but you cannot consistently exclude a group of women, bang on about how negative birth stories aren’t to be listened to - and then see it your place to discuss those women’s experiences. GO AWAY.
I had exactly the same!
I've messaged her a few times before and always had a reply, until I responded to one of her birth stories with my own not so great one saying that I'd done all the dates, massages blah blah.
It got read but no response.
I've messaged her again since about 1 other thing, replies almost instant.

Reactions: 2
Can I just thank you so much for this! Neither of my births went to plan.

My first was a cat 1 section, it was unbelievablely traumatic as a 25 year old, fit as a fiddle FTM. Nothing in my pregnancy had indicated this would happen. I hadn’t even had a dodgy blood test. But my daughters heart stopped beating. No amount of hypnobirthing would have rectified that. The first year of her life was spent in a PTSD haze, constantly reading the absolute tripe the likes of feebs post left me unable to leave the house. I was convinced it was all my fault.

My second, I thought I’d give the hypnobirthing a go. Did it work? Did it duck. The trauma was far, far too engrained. I had another section. But I was awake and I saw my baby be born and that was really all I wanted.

I ate billions of dates, they had no effect whatsoever. Oh no tell a lie, the eased the pregnancy constipation a treat :p

I really wish she would stop this. It’s so dangerous and like you said, puts ALL the blame on women when their birth isn’t the dream come true they expected.
I’m so sorry your births didn’t go to plan. If it helps mine didn’t either and I knew everything like the back of my hand.
I ended up with a forceps delivery and episiotomy plus a second degree tear prior to being cut. My girl was 9lb 12 I had piles for months and the spinal block gave me weeks of pain.

I too convinced myself it was all my fault and as a MW how could I not prevent this, I do this everyday in and out why wasn’t my birth how I ‘planned’ it.

Have you had a birth debrief with your first? I still sometimes read my notes and finally after 2 years of PND I have been able to make peace with myself that there was nothing I did wrong and intervention had to happen otherwise my baby might not of been here.

So pleased for your second birth, albeit not a VBAC you got to see your baby being born and they were safe and well which is all that matters.

Re thinking about all of her posts it gets me even more mad that she feels she can undermine midwives and doctors and it’s so patronising.

Hope she reads tattle so she can realise what a fuckwit she is.

Reactions: 6
I had a non medicated home birth. Mostly stemming from my utter fear of medical situations (I have white coat syndrome, and my blood pressure and heart rate do funny things even going to the GP). I knew it could change any minute and I was prepared. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY and did not tear. I had (apart from the length of it - nearly 40 hours) the perfect birth. Was I responsible for how this went?! Hell no! It’s duck all to do with what mindset I had, or anything else - I did no massage, nothing. Did it stop me from getting PND? Hell no. I was fucked up for a whole year. This whole ‘positive mindset’ is toxic to anyone who is following her.

sorry that might be a bit garbled, she’s really hit a bit of a nerve

Reactions: 11
Still don’t get how she’s only 4 years older than me. She looks old enough to be my mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How has she only gained 4.5 LB this pregnancy I don’t believe it
I thought her face looked slimmer the other day compared to previously so I scrolled back and she does look a bit slimmer, but just had an added bump. If she keeps up the low weight gain she will probably be lighter after she's given birth than before she got pregnant.

Reactions: 6
I thought her face looked slimmer the other day compared to previously so I scrolled back and she does look a bit slimmer, but just had an added bump. If she keeps up the low weight gain she will probably be lighter after she's given birth than before she got pregnant.
I thought so too with recent photos she's posted. Especially the one the other day

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.