Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pre eclampsia and other life threatening complications to mother and baby just do not exist in feebs world

Consultant: you have pre eclampsia and we recommend urgent induction
Feebs: oh no it's ok I'll eat more date puree, listen to my hypnobirthing CDs, it'll all be fine and have the baby at home
Preeclampsia can end in death of mother and baby if the woman is not induced, Feebs is one dangerous woman suggesting that being induced is not good
Not at any point has she said that if baby or mother is in danger to refuse an induction. she has said a mother has the right to refuse an induction when it is being suggested with no medical reason behind it.
people might disagree with me here but hospitals do induce when not necessary. Just have a google of the statistics 🙄 I know from first hand experience they do

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not at any point has she said that if baby or mother is in danger to refuse an induction. she has said a mother has the right to refuse an induction when it is being suggested with no medical reason behind it.
people might disagree with me here but hospitals do induce when not necessary. Just have a google of the statistics 🙄 I know from first hand experience they do
100%...
We need to change the thinking that births need to be managed, and that births are a medical event.
Interventions are fantastic.. when required..
but a lot of inductions are done because it’s routine and there is no real cause for one.

Reactions: 5
I think swfeebs gets a hard time for posting about unnecessary inductions but I do think it's true and right to point out that just because you're 40+12 you don't have to have an induction if there's no medical need for it. Even the NHS guidelines say that too.

Reactions: 4
Consultants/Doctors shouldn’t induce unless there is a medical reason to, or it’s the case of that at my trust.

Women do have the choice and can say no to a IOL if it’s for post dates, providing they are low risk.

Consultants/Doctors shouldn’t induce unless there is a medical reason to, or it’s the case of that at my trust.

Women do have the choice and can say no to a IOL if it’s for post dates, providing they are low risk.
they shouldn’t but they do 🤷🏻‍♀️ With my first baby I didn’t realise I had the choice to say no, most women don’t, especially when the doctors word it as being for the best.

Reactions: 1
I actually refused an induction. I was informed. I knew what I was doing.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s the fact she preaches this whilst not having had the healthiest pregnancy, granted she has lost a bit of weight but I still can’t get my head round people paying you for diet advice when you clearly couldn’t stick to it. Also she was v preachy about her amazing first labour but pride comes before a fall and all births are very different. If I was her I wouldn’t be making sweeping generalisations from her one experience of birth!

Reactions: 4
I think the big issue isn't what Feebs is talking about, because yes, like you said, there's a lot of people who don't know they can say no. However, I feel Feebs has gone into complete preachy mode and all her posts feel like she's attacking the job that midwives ect do. She posts one side of it and that's it and with a large following, there are people following her who are going to see it, be told them or their baby is in danger and not listen because they've read all about how Midwives and professionals only care about the baby and how you do what you want.
Like her post the other day saying that they all say things don't matter unless you have a healthy baby at the end.
That isn't just talking about how women have a right to say no. That's misinformation if anything. Like I said before, I've never met a midwife or professional that has only been about the baby.
The issue is definitley the way she comes across and words things rather than what the message she is trying to send

Reactions: 8
they shouldn’t but they do 🤷🏻‍♀️ With my first baby I didn’t realise I had the choice to say no, most women don’t, especially when the doctors word it as being for the best.
I’m not saying they don’t because I know they do.

And why would you know if your not informed or given the choice. There is still a lot of work to be done with women’s choice and I pride myself in it as I would hate to thing I haven’t given someone the best possible outcome.

Reactions: 3
Sunday shout outs to all the same boring people she’s followed for years and years zzzz!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Once again saying how she gave in with Vesper and the clothes. Then complains that she wants to do what she wants all the time 🙄

Reactions: 2
I watched her stories today and she said about vespers sleeping and how she didn’t sleep through until nearly 2 and the co-sleeping, but she says how ‘they will do it when they’re ready’. Hang on, when it came to potty training it was all ‘it’s something we teach them’. Woman is full of contradictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched her stories today and she said about vespers sleeping and how she didn’t sleep through until nearly 2 and the co-sleeping, but she says how ‘they will do it when they’re ready’. Hang on, when it came to potty training it was all ‘it’s something we teach them’. Woman is full of contradictions.
I can barely sleep sometimes with my husband in the bed, his snoring face and moving about 😂 never mind sleeping with two adults and being a child. No wonder she didn’t sleep through, she wasn’t given the right environment to settle well. The co sleeping was all for Phoebe’s benefit so she didn’t have to get up to feed her and didn’t have to make an effort to teach her how to soothe and sleep safely and well.

Reactions: 5
Hang on, is she actually lecturing us about SW principles? I don’t know how she can be so brazen. Preaching the SW way but not following it herself! I don’t get it.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.