Sustainability Influencers who travel/fly excessively!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sick to the back teeth of influencers/bloggers/vloggers who are always trying to push the sustainability, end of world agenda and then are constantly flying around the world on extravagant holidays. There are a few who spring to mind, who ironically sell sustainable products which are obviously funding their excessive travel through their sales. It’s time to call these people out for their lack of moral compass and hypocrisy.

I’ll start it off with:
Steph Elswood
Grace Beverly
Zanna Van Dijk

There are other threads on Steph and Zanna that I follow and contribute on, but I cannot even believe the level of dishonesty and opportunism these girls practice without seemingly understanding their behaviour is damaging to their gullible followers.

What are your thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't know who they are or how much they're travelling/flying but it is possible to fly sustainably so sustainability influencers who fly doesn't have to be a bad thing, depends what else they're doing.
If they're pushing sustainable products or plastic free swaps etc without mentioning that more consumption is not the answer and actually buying less would be better than tossing all your tupperware for fancy metal lunchboxes then that would annoy me!

Reactions: 1
I don't know who they are or how much they're travelling/flying but it is possible to fly sustainably so sustainability influencers who fly doesn't have to be a bad thing, depends what else they're doing.
If they're pushing sustainable products or plastic free swaps etc without mentioning that more consumption is not the answer and actually buying less would be better than tossing all your tupperware for fancy metal lunchboxes then that would annoy me!
When you are taking 10-15 unnecessary long haul flights a year you’re fooling yourself to think it can be done sustainably. In addition, they are encouraging people to buy their products, bamboo toothbrushes, cutlery, £170 swimsuits, exercise wear that is garnering negative reviews because of its lack of longevity, flooding the market with more products that don’t meet the standards of sustainability. Bamboo cutlery And coconut bowls have a short life span due to the nature of the porous material, and will then be thrown away. They should be encouraging people to make one off purchases which will last a lifetime. Why not buy vintage Silverplate cutlery, already 100 years old, still beautiful and useable and stands the test of time. Recycle instead of pushing your own profit margins. Take some time to read up on them, I’m sure you’ll find holes in their stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
When you are taking 10-15 unnecessary long haul flights a year you’re fooling yourself to think it can be done sustainably. In addition, they are encouraging people to buy their products, bamboo toothbrushes, cutlery, £170 swimsuits, exercise wear that is garnering negative reviews because of its lack of longevity, flooding the market with more products that don’t meet the standards of sustainability. Bamboo cutlery And coconut bowls have a short life span due to the nature of the porous material, and will then be thrown away. They should be encouraging people to make one off purchases which will last a lifetime. Why not buy vintage Silverplate cutlery, already 100 years old, still beautiful and useable and stands the test of time. Recycle instead of pushing your own profit margins. Take some time to read up on them, I’m sure you’ll find holes in their stories.
don’t follow any of these bloggers but this selling sustainability thing does my head in a bit, somethings I do agree with and have- I got a keep cup for coffee cos I work at Starbucks a lot, I eat lunch at a cafeteria often that only has plastic forks so now I carry bamboo cutlery cos it’s light and I bought those bamboo cotton pads years ago when I got fed up of constantly buying bloody cotton pads and running out. But no one should be getting rid of stuff to replace it with sustainable stuff cos that’s not sustainable at all.

At one point I was collecting Tote bags from a brand that does pretty ones, thought I was doing good, turns out to make up for a tote bag being made you have to use it like 10 000 times !!

Reactions: 1