Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think perhaps she’s missed the point if what she’s saying is based on reading here. No one is saying she can’t give her kids any kind of toy and they certainly don’t have to be gendered.
The issue I suppose the issue is with authenticity and the fact that she’s never really shown her boys playing with plastic superhero/dc comic book toys before. It doesn’t fit with her carefully created image of buying small and independent, preferably wooden toys. I don’t believe at all she’d go out and buy those toys if she wasn’t gifted them. It comes across as money grabbing and disingenuous. It’s completely transparent. She then turns it round into a gender neutral debate which I would guess is not what the supposed message was about.
Since Greg stopped the athletics they have both cranked up the adverts and it’s really obvious that they are going for anything even if it does not fit with their previous stand on things.
The last sentence sums them up, 100%. They are complete sellouts. Greig was flogging holiday competitions with £3 entry changes on morning tv this week, a gig usually reserved for the heady heights of Andy Peters, Mark Wright and Peter Andre.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They can’t be happy with the way their careers are developing...it’s all a bit desperate isn’t it? They clearly don’t think Greg has any potential for longevity in a media career so they are maxing every opportunity, no matter how cringe!

Reactions: 6
No the point was she didn't know the facts. No one does. She was basing her opinion on what she'd read in a tabloid. If Caroline had a fair trial and had been found guilty then fair enough.

Instagram is full of people posting quotes about kindness this morning and she's there posting pics of her boys and love hearts. She knows.
I think more the point, she likes to think she stays out of the limelight by choice, she doesn’t live a celeb life bla bla I’m so normal. But I’ve seen her get heavily involved in a few arguments, gossips etc. She is incredibly confused as to what kind of person she is!

Reactions: 5
They can’t be happy with the way their careers are developing...it’s all a bit desperate isn’t it? They clearly don’t think Greg has any potential for longevity in a media career so they are maxing every opportunity, no matter how cringe!
Well, what career, really? Greg has retired from
his and no matter how much she wangs on about working for Nuts, I don’t think Susie appears to have ever had much of one! Unless, of course, you count exploiting her children without their consent for advertorial work!

Reactions: 9
I didn’t think she was, she threw her opinion into the mix a couple of days in- I don’t think she was one of the main ones stirring the pot with MOD.

I also agree with Susie that if CF had been a man this would have all gone down very differently. It’s horrific that she felt she didn’t have any other option but the facts stand that she was arrested for assaulting her boyfriend and has a previous history of this behaviour. I feel so very very sorry for her family, they must be devastated by all of this.
I’m afraid I have to completely disagree with both you and dear suzzzz, there are several very high profile men in the public eye that have got off very lightly for domestic abuse. Look at the state of Rihanna via Chris browns hands. Woman still love him. His music sells millions. I actually think she’d have ended up coming out worse. Because she’s a woman

Her bleeping arrogance is astounding. Authentic my arse!
Only been advertising jewellery for Valentine’s Day for 20 years.. sure.

Reactions: 3
I used to really love Susie but agree with lots of the criticism on this thread. When she said that the Pandora advert was 'authentic' - what an absolute joke!

She used to be my fave Instagram person for such a long time (first started following her around Rio 2016) and she'd always be the first insta stories I'd watch but then it just became loads of random clothing 'edits' with afflinks which seemed at odds with what she actually wears on a day to day basis.

I think what I find annoying is that so much of the stuff she does is contradictory - she'll talk about how crap supermarket clothes are (obviously far more cost effective to dress your toddler in £150 coats loll!) and how important it is to support small businesses... which is all well and good until she's all about the Asos #afflink - so fast fashion is ok as long as she's making some money from it?!

I remember when I first had my little boy and I loved all the pics of Milo kitted out in lovely outfits with cool prints so I looked them up online...i couldn't believe how much she was spending on kids' clothes! That said, this was all before influencers had to declare ads so thinking about it now, they were probably gifted or heavily discounted!

Nothing about their life seems aspirational any more - there's no original content, just ads. Oh and all the 'travel' (always made me roll my eyes that she included that in her bio!) is boring and stuff they've done before plus their renovation seems to be taking forever.

Does anyone remember when MOD and FOD were mid kitchen renovation and Susie did a story about how they'd "love" a Herringbone kitchen but because they would be reusing this kitchen for their annexe further down the line they were going for something more affordable? She made a really big deal about how they were taking their time with their renovation because it's their forever home etc so when she made the throwaway comment recently about how they'll "probably" move abroad it just seemed a really odd comment to make. Maybe they've realised Greg isn't going to get a pundit type job in the UK so are just cashing in while they can!

I think that IRL her and Greg are probably lovely and lots of fun to hang out with but the past 6 months on Instagram have made them come across like ad hungry twats.

I also agree with whoever said she is quite immature - she obviously left her job at Look mag when she got pregnant with Milo so has spent the past 5-6 years of her mid to late twenties as a SAHM in quite a rural area - nothing wrong with this at all but she tries so hard to come across as worldly wise but really misses the mark and I wonder if it is because she's quite isolated where they live.

Another thing - she ALWAYS seems to have to cancel "work trips" at the last minute due to Rex being unwell etc... Which makes me a bit suspicious as my little boy is poorly quite a bit too and I do my best to minimise the impact on my job even without help from my partner or parents but she has Greg around plus her mum and step dad who seem quite involved with the boys, can't they look after him?!?

I must admit, after the story where she admitted that she'd skived off work for several weeks to go abroad with Greg in the early stages of their relationship made me think less of her. A sickie here and there for the odd day, fine, but to go abroad for several weeks and lie to your colleagues for that long... it shows a terrible work ethic and attitude in my opinion.

I've been reading tattle since the whole MOD thing kicked off but this is my first post, who knew I had so much to say 😆

Reactions: 26
Hypocrisy is always a very unattractive trait. She doesn’t seem to understand that THAT is the issue. Nobody cares if you buy non gendered toys for your spirited brats, but maybe don’t then try and sell us toy guns, yeah? Also, letting your boys do/play with traditionally girls things, is not THAT radical these days Suze. Just do it and get on with it. Nobody needs to be told about how right on you are, especially when you monetise your children’s childhoods and flog crap that you wouldn’t use yourself.

Reactions: 9
Another thing - she ALWAYS seems to have to cancel "work trips"

She has always done this. I don't think they are real "work", more invites with free food, booze and a goody bag. If cold hard cash was in the offing she would be there like a shot.

Reactions: 2
She has always done this. I don't think they are real "work", more invites with free food, booze and a goody bag. If cold hard cash was in the offing she would be there like a shot.
I don’t know. I seem to remember her saying that when she met Greg, she phoned in sick to her job and went to Arizona with him for his training camp. She was gone for weeks. I just think she has zero work ethic.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know. I seem to remember her saying that when she met Greg, she phoned in sick to her job and went to Arizona with him for his training camp. She was gone for weeks. I just think she has zero work ethic.
I mean I assume she was banking on it paying off. And it would appear it has. She now doesn’t need to work!

I used to really love Susie but agree with lots of the criticism on this thread. When she said that the Pandora advert was 'authentic' - what an absolute joke!

She used to be my fave Instagram person for such a long time (first started following her around Rio 2016) and she'd always be the first insta stories I'd watch but then it just became loads of random clothing 'edits' with afflinks which seemed at odds with what she actually wears on a day to day basis.

I think what I find annoying is that so much of the stuff she does is contradictory - she'll talk about how crap supermarket clothes are (obviously far more cost effective to dress your toddler in £150 coats loll!) and how important it is to support small businesses... which is all well and good until she's all about the Asos #afflink - so fast fashion is ok as long as she's making some money from it?!

I remember when I first had my little boy and I loved all the pics of Milo kitted out in lovely outfits with cool prints so I looked them up online...i couldn't believe how much she was spending on kids' clothes! That said, this was all before influencers had to declare ads so thinking about it now, they were probably gifted or heavily discounted!

Nothing about their life seems aspirational any more - there's no original content, just ads. Oh and all the 'travel' (always made me roll my eyes that she included that in her bio!) is boring and stuff they've done before plus their renovation seems to be taking forever.

Does anyone remember when MOD and FOD were mid kitchen renovation and Susie did a story about how they'd "love" a Herringbone kitchen but because they would be reusing this kitchen for their annexe further down the line they were going for something more affordable? She made a really big deal about how they were taking their time with their renovation because it's their forever home etc so when she made the throwaway comment recently about how they'll "probably" move abroad it just seemed a really odd comment to make. Maybe they've realised Greg isn't going to get a pundit type job in the UK so are just cashing in while they can!

I think that IRL her and Greg are probably lovely and lots of fun to hang out with but the past 6 months on Instagram have made them come across like ad hungry twats.

I also agree with whoever said she is quite immature - she obviously left her job at Look mag when she got pregnant with Milo so has spent the past 5-6 years of her mid to late twenties as a SAHM in quite a rural area - nothing wrong with this at all but she tries so hard to come across as worldly wise but really misses the mark and I wonder if it is because she's quite isolated where they live.

Another thing - she ALWAYS seems to have to cancel "work trips" at the last minute due to Rex being unwell etc... Which makes me a bit suspicious as my little boy is poorly quite a bit too and I do my best to minimise the impact on my job even without help from my partner or parents but she has Greg around plus her mum and step dad who seem quite involved with the boys, can't they look after him?!?

I must admit, after the story where she admitted that she'd skived off work for several weeks to go abroad with Greg in the early stages of their relationship made me think less of her. A sickie here and there for the odd day, fine, but to go abroad for several weeks and lie to your colleagues for that long... it shows a terrible work ethic and attitude in my opinion.

I've been reading tattle since the whole MOD thing kicked off but this is my first post, who knew I had so much to say 😆
Pretty much agree with everything you’ve said.

When she skived off work for a month to travel with Gregg I think she said when she got back she resigned - so I don’t think she’s worked since she met him really.

It also speaks volumes on her attitude to authority - bunking off work / taking Milo out of school 🤷🏼‍♀️ same reason ( to ‘travel’ 🙄) just different life stages.

She lives quite remotely, still doesn’t drive and I’m yet to see her at coffee / out / or generally ever with other girl friends. I mean never ever.

Reactions: 8
The only reason she posted about that message was to up her engagement for brands to see what an ad gets reach wise

She's worked for a year or 2 of her life max, but talks like she's a fleet street veteran. She grabbed on to her meal ticket and left employment behind. Unfortunately she vastly overestimated Greg's pulling power in terms of the big tv roles. She didn't realise that making him get his teeth done (I predict hair transplant before the wedding) just turned him into a gurning, grabby idiot. They're both on a massive money grabbing mission right now to pay for the wedding and holiday home. He should have kept some exclusivity like for example dame Kelly Holmes, that's when you remain well respected for your achievement and get the coveted tv roles.

The total sell out is sickening really because a while ago she took the kids off social media but the last year they've been back full throttle. The problem with joining every bandwagon suze is that you forget what you've committed yourself to and end up being a total hypocrite. Oh, and stop with the pregnancy swipe ups, you know these garner thousands of swipe ups but it all seems so desperate.

Reactions: 14
Didn’t she used to bang on about writing a book too?

Teenage fiction or something?

Agree about the way she goes on about her roles at Look and Nuts, I’m pretty sure she was an office junior then a social media blogger... maybe wrote one or two digital features at best.

I worked in the sector at the same time. She really was very junior and the experience would barely get her another job now.

She quit her job with no notice as others have said and buggered off with Greg and then started her blog. Which wouldn’t have taken off at all had she not had the hook of a famous partner.

These truths are uncomfortable but I think she’d have a lot more respect from people if she was truthful rather than painting herself as some sort of social media expert who always had her own money and hasn’t made it off the back of her partner.

Reactions: 10
I know she said she hated doing the magazine shoot just after she had Milo but I wonder if they will sell their wedding to a glossy mag? At one point I would have said no way would they do this but presumably those mag deals are quite lucrative?

She mentions an old friend who lives in Kent quite a bit but I don't think she has many local mum friends.

Whoever described her as talking like she's a Fleet Street veteran really made me laugh - so true!

Reactions: 5
I know she said she hated doing the magazine shoot just after she had Milo but I wonder if they will sell their wedding to a glossy mag? At one point I would have said no way would they do this but presumably those mag deals are quite lucrative?

She mentions an old friend who lives in Kent quite a bit but I don't think she has many local mum friends.

Whoever described her as talking like she's a Fleet Street veteran really made me laugh - so true!
For some reason I have in my head that hello mag are covering it and that’s already been confirmed. Maybe it was a dream 😂

For some reason I have in my head that hello mag are covering it and that’s already been confirmed. Maybe it was a dream 😂
Would hello mag want to cover it? Are they relevant enough? Of the three athletics gold medal winners in London, Greg has always been the least popular but the money money grabbing so recently, has had more exposure but on 3rd rate tv shows. On Instagram Jess Ennis has 2.5x more following and Mo has 5.5x and neither of them sell their souls. I don’t think most people would know or care about Susie and Greg’s wedding enough that it would pull in magazine readers 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Reactions: 1
Hey, newbie lurker and doing my first post!
I’ve followed Susie and Greg since Greg was on Strictly but recently stopped following both. It’s all ad ad ad and exposing the kids. I live in the next village as them and have seen then out a few times.

They seem like your average everyday parents and I can understand that for Susie not driving and living in a rural area must be frustrating and lonely. I’d go crazy if I didn’t have my car.

But they are being so reckless with their kids lives on Instagram. I have already worked out where Milo goes to school through their posts. And if I can do that then someone who wants to stalk them or get info for the press could too. It’s not a way for their kids to grow up. Just because their dad has an Olympic gold medal doesn’t mean they want to me famous.

However, I have found it funny that Greg seems to be the main influencer now and Susie is mainly with the kids in their dusty half finished house. You can tell she’s not best pleased and this wasn’t the life she signed up for when she got pregnant quick 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Would hello mag want to cover it? Are they relevant enough? Of the three athletics gold medal winners in London, Greg has always been the least popular but the money money grabbing so recently, has had more exposure but on 3rd rate tv shows. On Instagram Jess Ennis has 2.5x more following and Mo has 5.5x and neither of them sell their souls. I don’t think most people would know or care about Susie and Greg’s wedding enough that it would pull in magazine readers 🤷🏼‍♀️.
It wouldn’t make the cover but they have some pretty z listers further back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.