Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do what feels right for you and right now that's sleeping, that's okay xx
thank you.
I’m meeting 2 of my friends tomorrow. They were there when it happened, I was on the phone to one of them as people were trying to revive our friend. It will be nice to talk and support each other as this has knocked us all for six.

I started writing a letter to her. It has helped a bit, as I can’t do anything else. I tried to read which i couldn’t as the words were all blending into one. I can’t concentrate on tv, so I am writing bits at a time.

thank you.
I’m meeting 2 of my friends tomorrow. They were there when it happened, I was on the phone to one of them as people were trying to revive our friend. It will be nice to talk and support each other as this has knocked us all for six.

I started writing a letter to her. It has helped a bit, as I can’t do anything else. I tried to read which i couldn’t as the words were all blending into one. I can’t concentrate on tv, so I am writing bits at a time.
Ah that's good to hear, you all need to support each other. This is one of those thongs that will never make sense. There are organisations also that offer counselling, not sure where you're based. xx

Apologies that this is vacuous especially with the horrific tit people are going through and their posts, I know what I'm about to say is totally insignificant but I need to vent.

My friend is doing my head in with her love life. I have been there for her for years and I can't stomach it any longer. I've tried really hard to listen and be empathetic and give sound advice but now I'm thinking she's brought it on herself. Especially when it's happened so many times and she's an intelligent woman.

She chases guys who are never interested in her, literally 2 dates in and she's thinking about the future. But it's like she seeks out the least interested bloke to go for.
She then builds a fantasy with this guy who hasn't even asked her on a date or shown her respect or interest.
She then cries and is left devastated by their rejection even though they were never that nice to her. They tend to go cold so she Ramps up the texting until they say sorry I've met someone else.
It's just happened again. I can think of at least 7 examples in the last few years.

I know I'm a bad person but I want to scream

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I wish my mental health wasn’t so up and down. Had a really nice week last week, weather was lovely and we took the kids to the park a lot. On Saturday we had a day out and it was all just lovely. Yesterday we went to the park again but it all went wrong. One of my kids is currently learning to ride a bike, she can peddle after being given a push, but now can’t seem to push off on her own, I got a bit frustrated with her after multiple attempts and not really getting anywhere, and then she didn’t want to practice anymore - obviously I felt awful about that. Then my other child fell off her bike into some stinging nettles and wanted to go home. So that was the end of that, went home after less than an hour. I didn’t deal with it in the best way and said going to the park was a waste of time which I feel awful about still.

Ever since that I’ve just been feeling really down on myself. It’s actually making me cry because I genuinely felt happy towards the end of last week and I haven’t really felt like that for a long time, and now I’m back to feeling anxious and depressed and it feels like there’s no way out. I get in my head and start panicking that I’ve messed my kids up for life when I make a mistake or do wrong and it takes a long time for me to forgive myself. I wish I could turn it off and feel normal for a change. Not every family outing is going to be a success and that is ok, my kids won’t be mentally scarred because it’s not perfect all the time. I just don’t know how to get over it. All I want is for them to grow up happy and not resent me.

• Heart
I feel like I'm bleeping going through the ringer - have a pile of final uni assignments on top of me and for the most part I know I'll be able to get them done, but I've started the combined pill and it's only day 3 of me starting it but I've been unable to do anything for each day. Yesterday is was a banging headache for the whole day and today it's the most intense nausea I've ever felt. Currently lying in bed crying because I just feel so defeated and sick and horrible. I've been quite good with my depression and anxiety recently, I've been able to keep myself in check and notice my cues etc and just be in top of things and this makes me feel like I've been thrown a million steps back. Idk if I should be stubborn and stop the pill or if I should continue since its just day 3 - but if I continue and it carries on like this I definitely don't think I'll be able to get any uni work done.

I wish my mental health wasn’t so up and down. Had a really nice week last week, weather was lovely and we took the kids to the park a lot. On Saturday we had a day out and it was all just lovely. Yesterday we went to the park again but it all went wrong. One of my kids is currently learning to ride a bike, she can peddle after being given a push, but now can’t seem to push off on her own, I got a bit frustrated with her after multiple attempts and not really getting anywhere, and then she didn’t want to practice anymore - obviously I felt awful about that. Then my other child fell off her bike into some stinging nettles and wanted to go home. So that was the end of that, went home after less than an hour. I didn’t deal with it in the best way and said going to the park was a waste of time which I feel awful about still.

Ever since that I’ve just been feeling really down on myself. It’s actually making me cry because I genuinely felt happy towards the end of last week and I haven’t really felt like that for a long time, and now I’m back to feeling anxious and depressed and it feels like there’s no way out. I get in my head and start panicking that I’ve messed my kids up for life when I make a mistake or do wrong and it takes a long time for me to forgive myself. I wish I could turn it off and feel normal for a change. Not every family outing is going to be a success and that is ok, my kids won’t be mentally scarred because it’s not perfect all the time. I just don’t know how to get over it. All I want is for them to grow up happy and not resent me.
The falling off a bike into a nettle Bush is very familiar to me and happened to me in my own childhood, and we went home promptly after and I can remember many a times when my own mother told me going to the park or going out was a waste of time because of something I had done - this isn't something I remember with resent, it's something we joke about and laugh about now. Trust me when I say you're doing amazing as a parent esoevailyl with the mental health struggles you face and that these little blips where it feels like you're not doing your best are inevitable, but you're doing the best you can. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel like I'm bleeping going through the ringer - have a pile of final uni assignments on top of me and for the most part I know I'll be able to get them done, but I've started the combined pill and it's only day 3 of me starting it but I've been unable to do anything for each day. Yesterday is was a banging headache for the whole day and today it's the most intense nausea I've ever felt. Currently lying in bed crying because I just feel so defeated and sick and horrible. I've been quite good with my depression and anxiety recently, I've been able to keep myself in check and notice my cues etc and just be in top of things and this makes me feel like I've been thrown a million steps back. Idk if I should be stubborn and stop the pill or if I should continue since its just day 3 - but if I continue and it carries on like this I definitely don't think I'll be able to get any uni work done.

The falling off a bike into a nettle Bush is very familiar to me and happened to me in my own childhood, and we went home promptly after and I can remember many a times when my own mother told me going to the park or going out was a waste of time because of something I had done - this isn't something I remember with resent, it's something we joke about and laugh about now. Trust me when I say you're doing amazing as a parent esoevailyl with the mental health struggles you face and that these little blips where it feels like you're not doing your best are inevitable, but you're doing the best you can. ❤
Thank you so much I really needed to hear that. I’m feeling much better this evening thankfully.

I hope the side effects from the pill wear off for you soon so you can get your work done. Hormonal contraception is so brutal sometimes but you’ve got this!

• Heart
Apologies that this is vacuous especially with the horrific tit people are going through and their posts, I know what I'm about to say is totally insignificant but I need to vent.

My friend is doing my head in with her love life. I have been there for her for years and I can't stomach it any longer. I've tried really hard to listen and be empathetic and give sound advice but now I'm thinking she's brought it on herself. Especially when it's happened so many times and she's an intelligent woman.

She chases guys who are never interested in her, literally 2 dates in and she's thinking about the future. But it's like she seeks out the least interested bloke to go for.
She then builds a fantasy with this guy who hasn't even asked her on a date or shown her respect or interest.
She then cries and is left devastated by their rejection even though they were never that nice to her. They tend to go cold so she Ramps up the texting until they say sorry I've met someone else.
It's just happened again. I can think of at least 7 examples in the last few years.

I don't think you're a bad person at all. You can't help someone who won't help themselves

She sounds quite emotionally vulnerable and/or low self esteem. She should learn to love herself and focus on other things. I know it's easier said than done though

I feel like I'm bleeping going through the ringer - have a pile of final uni assignments on top of me and for the most part I know I'll be able to get them done, but I've started the combined pill and it's only day 3 of me starting it but I've been unable to do anything for each day. Yesterday is was a banging headache for the whole day and today it's the most intense nausea I've ever felt. Currently lying in bed crying because I just feel so defeated and sick and horrible. I've been quite good with my depression and anxiety recently, I've been able to keep myself in check and notice my cues etc and just be in top of things and this makes me feel like I've been thrown a million steps back. Idk if I should be stubborn and stop the pill or if I should continue since its just day 3 - but if I continue and it carries on like this I definitely don't think I'll be able to get any uni work done..
Are you able to apply for deadline extensions?I only ask because we had a student recently who was quite negatively impacted by a change of contraception and we have given her some extensions to her deadlines - but it may depend on what your policy is at the moment, you could even go for it on grounds of impact on mental health? Sorry you're struggling though, it's been such a tit year for students without added pressure during assessment time 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 1

You're not alone my friend! This last 14 months has had an awful tole on everyone's mental health. I don't have little one's so can'rt comment but also couldn't swipe past. Vent here whenever you need and always know you can only do your best. I am sure they wont resent you xx

I don't think you're a bad person at all. We all have to deal with different tit, some worse that others, but that doesn't take from what you are dealing with.

• Heart
Honestly, I can't take it anymore - these companies and "bosses" who believe that because of this lockdown, we are available 24/7.

I had a severe meltdown in March when I almost was contemplating ending my life due to the amount of work I had and couldn't figure out a way to make it better. Talking to the managers made it worse as they increased the workload overnight due to their poor project management skills. Fast forward, I've been working hard at taking care of myself since that day during St Patrick's week when I legitimately couldn't get out if bed and spent all day crying and feeling paralyzed by the amount of work I had. Because I somehow managed to get it together to meet that unrealistic deadline, I am now getting emails at 7pm asking me to have a call right away to discuss something "urgent" (only for me to find out it can wait until next week). This is unacceptable, especially as these people and I are not in the same salary bracket at all and I don't get paid overtime!

Here we go again - they decided to set up a call until 5pm tomorrow with a report to publish on the same day right after (deadline is mandatory) - thus I'm already looking at working 9am to 8/9pm tomorrow. This has been a constant for the last few months and not getting overtime paid/time in lieu is pure corporate slavery at this point. Just because you want to work until 8pm, doesn't mean I want to do the same. My evening time and weekends are precious for me to recuperate and perform better (at a job where I don't even get a "Thank you" for anything and haven't had a single 1-1 since I joined a year ago and positive feedback is never ever given).

I was diligently studying towards my ACA qualification until the work/life balance went out the window and I had to push my exams. Now that I'm slowly getting back on track to study for the new session, they're going to throw it all away again (I'm paying for this, not the company). I'm grateful I have a job during this time, but some employers' are really testing their employees' limits and loyalty. Once this whole pandemic is over, I'm definitely joining another company. Me wanting to end my life over impossible deadlines should never happen and will not happen again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Honestly, I can't take it anymore - these companies and "bosses" who believe that because of this lockdown, we are available 24/7.

I had a severe meltdown in March when I almost was contemplating ending my life due to the amount of work I had and couldn't figure out a way to make it better. Talking to the managers made it worse as they increased the workload overnight due to their poor project management skills. Fast forward, I've been working hard at taking care of myself since that day during St Patrick's week when I legitimately couldn't get out if bed and spent all day crying and feeling paralyzed by the amount of work I had. Because I somehow managed to get it together to meet that unrealistic deadline, I am now getting emails at 7pm asking me to have a call right away to discuss something "urgent" (only for me to find out it can wait until next week). This is unacceptable, especially as these people and I are not in the same salary bracket at all and I don't get paid overtime!

Here we go again - they decided to set up a call until 5pm tomorrow with a report to publish on the same day right after (deadline is mandatory) - thus I'm already looking at working 9am to 8/9pm tomorrow. This has been a constant for the last few months and not getting overtime paid/time in lieu is pure corporate slavery at this point. Just because you want to work until 8pm, doesn't mean I want to do the same. My evening time and weekends are precious for me to recuperate and perform better (at a job where I don't even get a "Thank you" for anything and haven't had a single 1-1 since I joined a year ago and positive feedback is never ever given).

I was diligently studying towards my ACA qualification until the work/life balance went out the window and I had to push my exams. Now that I'm slowly getting back on track to study for the new session, they're going to throw it all away again (I'm paying for this, not the company). I'm grateful I have a job during this time, but some employers' are really testing their employees' limits and loyalty. Once this whole pandemic is over, I'm definitely joining another company. Me wanting to end my life over impossible deadlines should never happen and will not happen again.
Breath hunny. Take a stepback. Can you go out sick for the moment and get back on track?

Breath hunny. Take a stepback. Can you go out sick for the moment and get back on track?
Thank you.

I contemplated it, but ultimately, I don't want this to turn against me as I'm already not getting any feedback at all when I'm trying to go above and beyond, so imagine if I go on sick leave. Some employers see this as a weakness. I will pull through to the end of the project and then take the carry over leave I have to assess the situation and my next steps. We have a 3 day weekend coming up, it will give a bit of breathing space, I guess.

It’s exactly a week since my friend took her life.
I have felt so alone since then. No family to talk to, some of my friends haven’t been supportive at all. My care coordinator has been on annual leave and my support worker said she would call me every day or every other day to check in (as I said that would help) and I haven’t heard from her since. I don’t even have the credit to call duty team and to be honest I give up with them all.
admittedly I haven’t been taking my meds like I should be, I stopped one and started reducing another to see if it would help me lose weight. I haven’t been sleeping well at all, everything that’s happened, is happening and chronic insomnia, don’t mix well.

• Heart
  • Sad
It’s exactly a week since my friend took her life.
I have felt so alone since then. No family to talk to, some of my friends haven’t been supportive at all. My care coordinator has been on annual leave and my support worker said she would call me every day or every other day to check in (as I said that would help) and I haven’t heard from her since. I don’t even have the credit to call duty team and to be honest I give up with them all.
admittedly I haven’t been taking my meds like I should be, I stopped one and started reducing another to see if it would help me lose weight. I haven’t been sleeping well at all, everything that’s happened, is happening and chronic insomnia, don’t mix well.
What about your friends you met up with, can you all support each other?

What about your friends you met up with, can you all support each other?
they have been supportive, we have been supporting each other.It was nice to see my friends that day and talk about it all but I guess it’s just the loneliness the rest of the time. I also feel like I can’t be honest with them about my own mental health because of what has happened. I don’t want to worry my friends even more.

• Heart
they have been supportive, we have been supporting each other.It was nice to see my friends that day and talk about it all but I guess it’s just the loneliness the rest of the time. I also feel like I can’t be honest with them about my own mental health because of what has happened. I don’t want to worry my friends even more.
Samaritans or one of the other mental health helplines?

I’ve never found Samaritans helpful. There is one that I used to call back before I went into hospital, they were helpful. It may be worth trying. Thank you xx

Its great having such a useless gp surgery. I've had trouble breathing since December. I have some days where I'm breathless walking around my flat.

They keep giving me the same medication and wondering why I've complained. I'm not sure what outcome they're expecting - it didn't work last time, why would it work again?

My chest x Ray is clear, so they know I don't have an infection, etc. I don't have signs of covid. Its just breathing problems.

They're now saying after 7 years (I was diagnosed elsewhere) its not asthma. It runs in the family.

So fed up now. I just want to breathe.

Don't know if this is the right thread for this but I'm really struggling with my mental health right now and for the past month it's just been horrible. The last few days have been the worst I've ever felt in my life.

Short story, I have severe anxiety and PTSD and just feel lately that life is never going to get better for me and I just feel so much pressure and stress constantly. I haven't stopped crying for weeks. I am in therapy and sometimes I feel like I'm doing okay and making progress and then something will happen and I feel like I'm worse than ever. It's just so hard to cope with and I just want to have me back.

Has anyone else gone through this and has a successful outcome? Just need to hear something good, that it can get better.

Don't know if this is the right thread for this but I'm really struggling with my mental health right now and for the past month it's just been horrible. The last few days have been the worst I've ever felt in my life.

Short story, I have severe anxiety and PTSD and just feel lately that life is never going to get better for me and I just feel so much pressure and stress constantly. I haven't stopped crying for weeks. I am in therapy and sometimes I feel like I'm doing okay and making progress and then something will happen and I feel like I'm worse than ever. It's just so hard to cope with and I just want to have me back.

Has anyone else gone through this and has a successful outcome? Just need to hear something good, that it can get better.
Ah sorry you're feeling down. My son suffers from crippling anxiety and it breaks my heart. He too is in therapy but I don't see it helping greatly. I have suggested his GP and medication but he's not going for that option. He can be fine for a couple of days and then just take to the bed and want no contact with anyone. He got a puppy 3 months ago and the difference it's made is huge. He now has something to get up in the morning for and he has to take her out for walks etc. It's certainly not a cure but it has given him a purpose. He still gets panic attacks and very dark days and I don't have a solution. Do you have people supporting you?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.