Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like if she wrote a novel, it would either be some try-hard, blatant political commentary or a self-insert fanfic type of YA fantasy story.

Reactions: 6
It's also like, NOW she has the baby as an excuse/reason, but she did exactly this same thing before. In fact I think she's still posting more frequently since having Ines than she did for the year or two prior to her pregnancy. I know her mom had cancer plus the pandemic happened for part of that time, but the point is she's NEVER made a consistent, high-effort amount of content that would even justify her saying she works on it full time, much less saying that she AND Zak work on it full time. I think what they do is talk about how they should work all the time, but never actually do anything. She talked in a prior video about hiring a nanny/babysitter. That seems like a monumentally better step to take than "taking 2 weeks off" which will end with her just as frazzled as before.
This is it completely. I know a baby is a full time job in itself but if she didn't have one can someone share some insights on what an actual work week would look like for a midsized youtuber? She said min two hours to edit a vlog. OK. So how many hours does it take to do the other stuff and does it add up to 40 hours a week? I don't think it does. Say you have 2 events a week, 3 business meetings, a photo shoot and editing, couple of hours of emails a day. Would that be comparable to a regular job? It that realistic? Having spent over a year working from home now I understand how easy it is to get distracted during the day and potter about the house and not actually get any work done. I think some are really trying but are in denial about how hard they work, and then once they have a kid it goes out the window.

Reactions: 11
This is it completely. I know a baby is a full time job in itself but if she didn't have one can someone share some insights on what an actual work week would look like for a midsized youtuber? She said min two hours to edit a vlog. OK. So how many hours does it take to do the other stuff and does it add up to 40 hours a week? I don't think it does. Say you have 2 events a week, 3 business meetings, a photo shoot and editing, couple of hours of emails a day. Would that be comparable to a regular job? It that realistic? Having spent over a year working from home now I understand how easy it is to get distracted during the day and potter about the house and not actually get any work done. I think some are really trying but are in denial about how hard they work, and then once they have a kid it goes out the window.
Not really a content creator so this is just speculation, but while she said min 2 hours for a vlog, I think that was for daily vlogging in vlogtober/vlogmas, and creating a video that wasn't vlogging would probably take longer if they were driving to different locations to film. She hardly ever does anything that's not a vlog, though. Her sponsored videos aren't really anything more than her inserting a clip about the sponsorship in one of her rambly sections of her vlogs. It's like, I can fully understand how this is a job for 2 people if they WERE working, but she usually goes months without uploading anything, so what are they doing in that time? I also think sometimes influencers DO spend 40+ hours at it, but a lot of it is just reading and responding to comments. Yeah, it's kinda "work" for them, but it's also not really the same thing as a normal job where your "work" is doing things for other people on deadlines with specific results expected.

100% agree that influencers tend to lose touch with how much they're actually working. She seems to do so much napping or having a 2-hour bath or waiting around for Zak to make her dinner and I think she really thinks of herself as a hard worker, without realizing how many breaks/interruptions her "work" has.

Reactions: 6
I think the reason for her "needing to take time off" is actually some kind of underlying mental issue that she seems just on the cusp of actually recognizing and getting treatment for, but like, ok so if it takes 2-4 hours to edit a vlog, and you've got 2 people working at this, why can Zak not take a couple hours in the morning to edit the vlog while she looks after Ines, and then he finishes it and she watches it through and approves it, then they post it. That was a total of like 3-6 person-hours between them, assuming she filmed for 1-3 hours and he edited for 2-3 on average. If it were weekly vlogs maybe it takes a bit longer to go through the footage, but then you've only got one video per week to make. If she wanted maternity leave to just not make content for a while after Ines was born I could understand that, but she seems to keep wanting to post regularly and then just can't quite get her life together enough to follow through with her ideas.

At the expense of potentially sounding delusional and bitter, how HARD can it be to record some shite and patch it all together in iMovie? is it REALLY that hard? With two people? All while living in a 3+ Story mansion house in the middle of London? While being 100% unemployed? And having never worked a day in your life? Is it really that hard lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm so jealous of how much time and money she has to devote to fitness stuff and yet never really seems to take it seriously. I'm sure heavy lifting isn't everyone's goal but she seems extremely like someone who thinks just existing at the gym will make you fitter and never truly pushes herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I used to be a content creator so I can provide a small insight.

For 1 vlog of over 40min it can take 2-3 hours. Considering the fact that she is not even writing on her blog anymore and that she barely post original content on Instagram (which can also be posted in advance) a day of work should take her 1-2 hours max. And this include legal work such as reviewing contracts for ads.

If she was handling a business on the side and posting as often as the like of Amelia Liana I would understand. But this is not the case.

She is not even posting once a week but whenever she has an ad which means very irregularly. She isn't replying to comments which cuts a lot of time from her "work". Zak is handling the editing and taking her picture which removes most of the hard work.

So all she has to do is pose for pictures, film bits for vlogs and read legal documents. So yeah, she has nothing to do all day.

Reactions: 16

For 1 vlog of over 40min it can take 2-3 hours. Considering the fact that she is not even writing on her blog anymore and that she barely post original content on Instagram (which can also be posted in advance) a day of work should take her 1-2 hours max. And this include legal work such as reviewing contracts for ads.

If she was handling a business on the side and posting as often as the like of Amelia Liana I would understand. But this is not the case.

She is not even posting once a week but whenever she has an ad which means very irregularly. She isn't replying to comments which cuts a lot of time from her "work". Zak is handling the editing and taking her picture which removes most of the hard work.

So all she has to do is pose for pictures, film bits for vlogs and read legal documents. So yeah, she has nothing to do all day.
I think it's really rude when influencers never reply to comments. Especially when people make the effort to leave thoughtful ones.

Doesn't she have management too, so they would take some of the work load from her right?

I do feel for her about struggling with hormones and PMS. It's hard to tell as we don't know her whether it is genuinely laziness or something more serious is going on (I think maybe a mix of both as it's not as if she has ever been super consistent on YT), so I do hope that she's ok, and if she is struggling then I guess she has the luxury that she can take the time off and hopefully she manages to figure it out and get better if something is wrong.

Reactions: 7

Yes I guess the contract side of things is big. Getting them, negotiating them, and maybe reports or other admin but this wouldn’t be every day?

Yes I guess the contract side of things is big. Getting them, negotiating them, and maybe reports or other admin but this wouldn’t be every day?
Yeah, it would take an hour max. But if she uses a lawyer (which a lot of influencers do) it means that she only has to sign her name.

I wonder what Zak is doing for the whole day these days. He can't be only working for Jess and preparing dinners, is he? He might be involved in the preparations for the house and helping with Ines, but I guess he is not busy for the whole day with this as well.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what Zak is doing for the whole day these days. He can't be only working for Jess and preparing dinners, is he? He might be involved in the preparations for the house and helping with Ines, but I guess he is not busy for the whole day with this as well.
Before he also used to drive indie to school too but I assume she gets public transport again now or something

Reactions: 4
Zak is Jess’ full-time babysitter, and I don’t mean for Ines

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I do wonder if Zak is helping with the house at all, but it's also strange that they'd actually NEED him helping if it were a real construction crew doing the work. I don't think they'd let him help out without being in their company, and he doesn't seem like the type to just want to sit there and micromanage them as they work.

In another vlog about the house, she was talking about him knocking out walls, so I almost wonder if it's a smaller family friend type contractor doing the work, and they're happy to have him help out with stuff. I don't think he did that *just* for Jess to have footage of it for a vlog, although that's always possible lol.

Reactions: 4
But she’s never really had to “work” don’t get me wrong she makes money and at uni she worked for her degree but that was 5 years ago…. Her masters she also did but after that she’s done 0 proper hard work
This made me realize that she started her master's 4 years ago. The fact that 2017 was nearly half a decade ago blows my mind lol. I was in academia at the same time as her master's so I actually liked her vlogtober that year, but it was the last year that I genuinely enjoyed her content. Which is sad to think about how she's still trying to cling onto Youtube as her primary 'job' when the quality of her content has declined so much.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This made me realize that she started her master's 4 years ago. The fact that 2017 was nearly half a decade ago blows my mind lol. I was in academia at the same time as her master's so I actually liked her vlogtober that year, but it was the last year that I genuinely enjoyed her content. Which is sad to think about how she's still trying to cling onto Youtube as her primary 'job' when the quality of her content has declined so much.
the fact that 2017 was almost half a decade ago makes me weep

At the expense of potentially sounding delusional and bitter, how HARD can it be to record some shite and patch it all together in iMovie? is it REALLY that hard? With two people? All while living in a 3+ Story mansion house in the middle of London? While being 100% unemployed? And having never worked a day in your life? Is it really that hard lmfao
Exactly!! It isn't!! Rory and Zak (because of Rory) are just lazy rich kids who waste their potential!!! Jess and her lifestyle (except strong close family and financial stability) aren´t inspirational to me. I wonder whether her family (if not her mum who seems to just don't care, but maybe her dad?) are disappointed in her.... she can tell everyone she is full time working all she wants, essentially she is doing duck all.. when a person in her late twenties says she feels overwhelmed by "planning her week" consisting only of beauty appointments, reading and taking baths in the middle of the day, their parents should be concerned and get her professional psychological! Maybe Jess is depressed and lost, maybe just lazy, either way, in my opinion, this is a result of her lifestyle and lack of purpose.. Get a Job, get out of the house, meet new people, take up a hobby!!!!
Zak doesn't come from money, as far as I know, so he should know the value of things, how is he ok with seeing the financial cost of their lifestyle (shopping, house price without even living in it etc.) knowing he can't contribute anything to it?? .. How is Zak just fine with being completely dependent on his girlfriends´ parents, living in their house like brother and sister..... I would be so ashamed to tell my friends about this arrangement.... he is a kept husband (in his twenties!!), has no career of his own, he gave up everything career wise he ever started... I just don't get how they could ever be happy and content with it all..
(disclaimer, I obviously know nothing about them, just my opinions based on what I´ve seen in her YT vids:) )

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really like the new video of outfits ! Still can’t afford anything she put in it but still

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.