Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Jess's outfit videos usually makes me wonder if I don't understand fashion at all, or just don't understand Jess's taste. But this recent outfit video....I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to wear the pieces as she styled them. And in combination with her last vlog it just makes me side-eye her hoarding. With every single piece she gets, she coos over how she'll get "so much wear out of this piece" and then when she actually has an influencer event to go to at a relatively nice venue she wears......nondescript gray pants and a freaking white tee shirt. I'm sure it was a $100 white tee, but if she were TRULY so stylish and fashionable wouldn't she have done something the slightest bit interesting? I think she only likes "fashion" when she's modeling outfits for sponsored videos, but isn't actually that comfortable wearing it where other similarly fashionable people might judge her choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm super late to the party on this and missed her talking about it in a video because honestly some of them are too long for me. But why did she delete all her ratings and reviews from goodreads?

I can understand that the goodreads starring system can be a bit limiting but why get rid of the review? You could even make up your own rating system and just explain that in the review. I don't get it..

Sorry only just noticed because I wanted to get back into reading again especially fiction and I created a new goodreads and went to check her 'shelves'.

I wanted to read some written reviews of hers because on youtube she often describes a novel in such general ways it leaves me not wanting to read it at all.

Reactions: 4
I'm super late to the party on this and missed her talking about it in a video because honestly some of them are too long for me. But why did she delete all her ratings and reviews from goodreads?

I can understand that the goodreads starring system can be a bit limiting but why get rid of the review? You could even make up your own rating system and just explain that in the review. I don't get it..

Sorry only just noticed because I wanted to get back into reading again especially fiction and I created a new goodreads and went to check her 'shelves'.

I wanted to read some written reviews of hers because on youtube she often describes a novel in such general ways it leaves me not wanting to read it at all.
She did that aaages and aaages ago no? She mentioned when it happened it was because the star rating wasn't in-depth enough for her? I think that was why

Reactions: 1
She did that aaages and aaages ago no? She mentioned when it happened it was because the star rating wasn't in-depth enough for her? I think that was why
I just saw that some of the really old reads she still has a star rating on. But I Can't find any written reviews on her goodreads and I thought she used to write a little about some books. Maybe she never did and i'm mixing her up with someone else.

Reactions: 1
I just saw that some of the really old reads she still has a star rating on. But I Can't find any written reviews on her goodreads and I thought she used to write a little about some books. Maybe she never did and i'm mixing her up with someone else.
She never wrote reviews on her goodreads. She writes a blogpost alongside the book videos she does.

Reactions: 3
She never wrote reviews on her goodreads. She writes a blogpost alongside the book videos she does.
That must be why I'm remembering reading something she had written about books :) Thank you for clearing that up. It was really just a curiousity for me because so much of what she reads is not my taste and sometimes she has read books that I had read before and completely pans them haha

"heyyyy guys I can't be bothered to ever make actual content for you guys but here is some expensive tit I got for free, k thanks see you later"

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't think she ever sells it though, she just hoards it in the entire top floor at her mom's house, in rooms at the farm, and now in their new house.

Reactions: 12
I think proof in the pudding with how little she posts any form of content is this thread… Whether it’s critique or compliments, other people on this platform who have threads can go through about 3/4 in a year - we’re getting closer to the end of 2021 and this is the only thread she’s had.
On another note, she’s mentioned a few times different video ideas she’s had (all of which sounded like great book and fashion content) and yet nothing… It makes me agree with previous comments about how it seems as though Jess is teetering on the edge of a mental health issue or is wading through it. It would make sense with her extreme lack of interest in content creating, working, etc. Perhaps still living with her Mum is getting her down and she just wants to be in her own house now, or perhaps she is absolutely and completely disinterested in her career! It’s entirely too personal for her to share, but I hope she’s talking to a counsellor because it could be a touch of postpartum depression or even just general depression. Who knows. But either way, she seems disinterested and doesn’t follow through on ideas - all of which, to me, screams depression/anxiety/something of the sort.

I do hope she is OK. I will (selfishly) say this makes her seem a bit more human in a way. I’d love for her to come back one day willing to openly discuss her struggles. You can have absolutely everything: a mansion in full reno in London, a long term/supportive partner, a close family, a new healthy baby, an inquisitive mind, gorgeous looks, loyal friends, and loads of money. But if you don’t have a sense of self & purpose at the end of it all, then what’s any of that even worth?

Reactions: 16
I do hope she is OK. I will (selfishly) say this makes her seem a bit more human in a way. I’d love for her to come back one day willing to openly discuss her struggles. You can have absolutely everything: a mansion in full reno in London, a long term/supportive partner, a close family, a new healthy baby, an inquisitive mind, gorgeous looks, loyal friends, and loads of money. But if you don’t have a sense of self & purpose at the end of it all, then what’s any of that even worth?
I honestly don't think she has this self-awareness.

Reactions: 5
Am I the ONLY one who doesn’t think she’s struggling with mental health but is simply…lazy?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Am I the ONLY one who doesn’t think she’s struggling with mental health but is simply…lazy?
I think it’s probably a mixture of both. She probably has got complacent more than anything. But if she is struggling I could understand why, none of her close friends have babies, most of them have moved out in some capacity and here she is with all this stuff on top of her and a boyfriend who works for her so they don’t even have a reason to spend time apart

Reactions: 2
Of course our mentioning Jess possibly struggling with mental health is purely speculative - but it is also quite transparent that something isn’t the same with her (albeit the standard growth/transition everyone goes through in their 20s) — but we watched her come to life and thrive in Scotland, and has seemed to go in a downward trajectory since leaving that academic, social, non-lux lifestyle and entering full-time high fashion blogger in London.

but yes. Aside from that separate discussion, Jess is indeed lazy af and always has been. At least she used to be interesting, fashionable AND lazy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm new to the thread so sorry if this is redundant but I can't understand why she (and other influencers) post 50 minute videos and then sporadically don't upload, or go on hiatus? She could have cut the last two vlogs in half, voila there's two weeks of content and you won't have to tell us you're taking time off! It's not like the vlogs have any structure or story line, they could literally end at any point.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.