Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have children but I can imagine that normal full time working mums have, like an hour to get their life in order.... not just take off two whole weeks....

Reactions: 9
She doesn’t need to make a 10 minute ramble about being absent for the next two weeks because nobody would notice. Nothing would be different than now? She doesn’t post anything anyway

Reactions: 21
I love how just yesterday we were speculating about her social life and today she’s like “Saw my girls in Glasgow last weekend” - coincidence? Or do we think she reads here…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm not too fussed she's not doing vlogtober as her heart is clearly not in it and the last few have been quite dull anyway. But her IG stories I just went to see as I don't follow her anymore but saying it took her two weeks to film a vlog and the problem is the editing time, what was the point in hiring Zack then? Are you telling me between 2 people they can't upload 1 video a week? She then says they don't have time to shoot together which fair enough maybe it is much harder now they have the baby to both go off and shoot outfis in different locations but when was the last time she even did that type of content anyway?

Also agree with above poster that it's funny she even announced taking 2 weeks off when it's the norm for her to be quiet for that long anyway haha.

Reactions: 11
Does she not realise how insulting it is to come on and say 2 hours of editing work a day is too much for her

Reactions: 21
Does she not realise how insulting it is to come on and say 2 hours of editing work a day is too much for her
I mean in the context of having a 5 month old, it probably is too much lol
I speak as someone with a 5 month old

Reactions: 8
I mean in the context of having a 5 month old, it probably is too much lol
I speak as someone with a 5 month old
Yeah that's fair. I don't think anyone would expect her to daily vlog anyway though. She stopped doing daily vlogging for Vlogtober before the baby anyway.

Reactions: 9
Yeah that's fair. I don't think anyone would expect her to daily vlog anyway though. She stopped doing daily vlogging for Vlogtober before the baby anyway.
exactly…her vlogtobers for the past few years have been so lazy and bad, we’re not missing out on anything

Lol I don’t even watch her videos those stories just really rubbed me up the wrong way

It is interesting that a youttuber is actually honest about how long it takes to do a part of their job. I know there is probably a lot of admin to but I often wonder what they do all day.

Reactions: 1
I love how just yesterday we were speculating about her social life and today she’s like “Saw my girls in Glasgow last weekend” - coincidence? Or do we think she reads here…
She said that she reads here from times to times to get some constructive criticism. It was in an old vlog.

Reactions: 2
Couldn't Zak also edit though, since he edited last years Vlogtober?

If they both teamed up I'm sure it could work. And on that note I don't know why she doesn't hire a photographer for the time being since she says it too hard for her and Zak to do shoots with the baby.

Couldn't Zak also edit though, since he edited last years Vlogtober?

If they both teamed up I'm sure it could work. And on that note I don't know why she doesn't hire a photographer for the time being since she says it too hard for her and Zak to do shoots with the baby.
Or a nanny/babysitter?

I know this has been said multiple times here, I have to put my oar in. I used to looooove Jess, had a wonderful time watching her uni vlogs and thought she was absolutely stunning and intelligent.. she just had a really different vibe to the others I used to watch on YouTube. I still think she is those things but the vibe is gone and I really don’t think I can follow her anymore.

Every single time she posts on Instagram stories, it is either an ad, or a couple of off topic pictures/videos immediately followed by an ad. I get it, this is her source of income and she wants/needs to make money, but duck girl can’t you just post every now and again because you want to rather than because you have to?? It makes me think I’m following a cash cow rather than a human being.

Chloe Morello is a new mum this year too and her stories are so much more real, she shows the highs and lows of being a new parent in a really raw way, and I know Jess doesn’t want to include Ines in her videos which I completely respect, but surely there are a couple of other things going on in her life she could share without it being to appear as though she is genuine, only to be followed by #ad.

Reactions: 24
She seems so stressed about her time management but in reality a part from taking care of the baby, she has sooo little to do. She sees every tiny task as a big mountain. I used to think that she was just lazy but now I think that she might have anxiety or something about managing her time. Just eating dinner (that she does not cook!) seemed to stress her because she had to eat it 30 minutes later than usual...

I do feel for her about the intense PMS dread though and it's nice that she opened up about it.

Reactions: 19
She seems so stressed about her time management but in reality a part from taking care of the baby, she has sooo little to do. She sees every tiny task as a big mountain. I used to think that she was just lazy but now I think that she might have anxiety or something about managing her time. Just eating dinner (that she does not cook!) seemed to stress her because she had to eat it 30 minutes later than usual...

I do feel for her about the intense PMS dread though and it's nice that she opened up about it.
It's also like, NOW she has the baby as an excuse/reason, but she did exactly this same thing before. In fact I think she's still posting more frequently since having Ines than she did for the year or two prior to her pregnancy. I know her mom had cancer plus the pandemic happened for part of that time, but the point is she's NEVER made a consistent, high-effort amount of content that would even justify her saying she works on it full time, much less saying that she AND Zak work on it full time. I think what they do is talk about how they should work all the time, but never actually do anything. She talked in a prior video about hiring a nanny/babysitter. That seems like a monumentally better step to take than "taking 2 weeks off" which will end with her just as frazzled as before.

• Heart
Lol I don’t even watch her videos those stories just really rubbed me up the wrong way
I’ve watched Jess for a very long time now, and when I saw the stories from yesterday I just honestly couldn’t believe that she said she needed two weeks (or even longer!) to “get her life in order” and “rejig her routine”. I recognize that I watch Jess for escapism, I know she’s been severely out of touch for a while now, but that just really rubbed me the wrong way as well. She disappears for weeks at a time, comes back to post two ads, then disappears again. I’m not sure how much longer she expects her long-time viewers to stick around and support her content when she clearly doesn’t seem to care about us outside of a paycheck these days.

Reactions: 27
I’ve watched Jess for a very long time now, and when I saw the stories from yesterday I just honestly couldn’t believe that she said she needed two weeks (or even longer!) to “get her life in order” and “rejig her routine”. I recognize that I watch Jess for escapism, I know she’s been severely out of touch for a while now, but that just really rubbed me the wrong way as well. She disappears for weeks at a time, comes back to post two ads, then disappears again. I’m not sure how much longer she expects her long-time viewers to stick around and support her content when she clearly doesn’t seem to care about us outside of a paycheck these days.
Yeah she really is out of touch with reality. Can you imagine what would happen if I'd tell my boss I need at least 2 weeks off work so I can get my life in order and plan my days 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yeah she really is out of touch with reality. Can you imagine what would happen if I'd tell my boss I need at least 2 weeks off work so I can get my life in order and plan my days 😅
But she’s never really had to “work” don’t get me wrong she makes money and at uni she worked for her degree but that was 5 years ago…. Her masters she also did but after that she’s done 0 proper hard work

Do you guys think Jess would ever write a novel?

I know she mentioned the pipe dream of her own imprint if she were ever to work in publishing but I can't remember if she has mentioned an intention to write a novel before and I often can't get through her Q&As these days

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.