“Styling” kids for your Instagram theme!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find it odd how Instamums dress their kids to match their 'theme'/editing style?
Like if their photos are edited beige, their kids seem to only wear shades of beige, play with wooden toys etc.
Or if they have a grey/pink theme - their kids wear grey/pink.
I can kind of understand with babies and toddlers - they're not old enough to pick their own things so obviously their outfits will reflect the taste of the parents...but I think its a bit lame. It makes it seem like their outfits are overly curated and HAVE to match their theme/the photo - as opposed to just putting something on them.
I just wonder what will happen when the kids are a bit older, and maybe want to wear something bright or with characters on it, will they get told no?

Reactions: 4
This reminds me of shell and the littles!! Her boy is same age as mine and if I sent him to school on a mufti day dressed how her boys does the older children would take the piss!!

Nothing wrong with being different, but I think it's unfair to force it on your child!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It is a bit odd, but their kids their choice I suppose. Although I've always said as soon as mine is able he can pick his own clothes, as long as they're practical. Many of us had a lifetime of being forced into clothes we hated, I now hate clothes shopping as I have no idea what I like. I think it's nice to let them make their own choices and form their own style. But that's just me, it's up to them I guess!

Reactions: 3
Perhaps it’s their favourite colour?
I totally get having a favourite colour, but I just find it odd when it has to match their house theme and decor, or the decor of wherever they're shooting. Like some of them have to remain so 'on brand' that they wouldn't photograph their kids in Disney Princess or Marvel dress up stuff because it doesn't match said Instagram 'theme'.

I totally get having a favourite colour, but I just find it odd when it has to match their house theme and decor, or the decor of wherever they're shooting. Like some of them have to remain so 'on brand' that they wouldn't photograph their kids in Disney Princess or Marvel dress up stuff because it doesn't match said Instagram 'theme'.
I’m assuming this is about Lucy carter? I actually like how she dresses the boys, and if you look down her feed it’s not all beige. Just the same outfit used over.

What gets me is people only having grey / white baby toys, baby play gym and ball pit

Reactions: 2
I’m assuming this is about Lucy carter? I actually like how she dresses the boys, and if you look down her feed it’s not all beige. Just the same outfit used over.

What gets me is people only having grey / white baby toys, baby play gym and ball pit
No not Lucy Carter, Acacia Kersey (she only buys wood stuff for her kids and everything beige) and another one I follow called Maryellenskye. (Although I do like how she dresses her daughter, but its just mad the dedication to matching her own outfits and editing theme)